Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 189 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
More like 8-10 minutes. You have to factor in load and unload times. I don't believe those are considered part of the ride... (even though they each have a scene number of their own)

I think the scene designation is probably for show installation reasons.

I don't think they'd actually fulfill that request. But I saw somebody did a calculation a few pages back. 72 people on each bus. Times 5. 360. 360 times 6 minutes (speculated ride time) 2160 people. So this attraction will take 4320 people an hour (approximately). I don't know if it would make much of a dent in the flow. I could be wrong though.

I think your math is a little off there, my duder. Check it:

skull-island-reign-of-kong-capacity-png.1659

I think it makes sense to look at scenarios with both five and four trucks running. It's likely that they often have at least one truck in the back for some sort of repair / maintenance on a cutting-edge ride like this...

...especially considering the complex animatrionics that are rumored to be up in the drivers' seat."

Attachments

• Skull Island Reign of Kong Capacity.PNG
    Skull Island Reign of Kong Capacity.PNG
    6.6 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:
If you look back a couple of weeks on this thread there's a map by Teebs of the ride's passage outside & through the building.

I can never find this "infamous" map. I must be blind. I have clicked on 30 or so pages back and still don't see it. Perhaps a smart owl could find it for us. ;)

Not a huge area. If it wasn't slow paced it would only be a couple of minutes long.
Me personally, still not buying the 6 minute thing. Fast as that car was moving on the videos, it should be a breeze. All the more reason for people like myself to just wait until the ride is open to be concerned with anything I have and never will have any control over . Telling myself to enjoy it no matter the length.

I'm not concerned with the ride time nearly as much as I am for the long ass boat ride back to the mainland afterwards.....

Reactions: Ryno27
I am not pleased with the whitewashing of the letters. I might have agreed to 5% brighter but geez! Did the art director once work for "slap you in the face" DISNEY? (that was rhetorical)

I know this was posted what looks like a long time ago but I didn't realise so many messages had been posted in 24 hours.

I think the sign looks far better now than it did before. Sure you don't want to throw it in people's faces but this is the same crowd who appeared to be going to Adventure Island to see Harry Potter.

I came across this by accident earlier. I thought it was interesting given the date.

Universal Orlando: Project 340...3D Design MockUps - Theme Park Review

Reactions: Ryno27