E.T. Adventure General Discussion | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What if the space that they need is for Nintendo only?

I suppose they could tear down a wing of the Hard Rock Hotel... :saywhat:
I would think that it would be better to go back into the land by MIB rather than remove a popular attraction. It's definitely a win win if they can build out Nintendo as much as they want and still keep ET. Although personally I think Nintendo should be saved for the 3rd park. It would give them a blank slate to work with and still leave some potential for additions to USF.

This is about more than keeping a classic dark ride in the park (though that is important too). Its about saving a beloved IP that belongs in Universal. Just like Back to the Future, The ONLY way I'd be okay with tearing this down is if they built another attraction later using the same IP.

ET Fast ET Furious?

Seriously though, I feel exactly the same. There really are a limited amount of top IP's left to use in the theme park world, yet Universal have canned so many of them for the time being (JAWS, BTTF etc).
So much potential for them to realise these in better ways in a 3rd gate..

Reactions: martymcflyy85
I think I know how Universal can please classic movie fans and the people looking for the latest and greatest IP's. How much room is there in the Hollywood section? If not a lot I guess they can get rid of Terminator to make room for:

The Great Universal Movie Ride

Or maybe a different name to avoid a lawsuit from Disney.
I've been pitching this for a while. Only way to do it right?

My opposition to this would be that it would be a slight copy of the great movie ride and it would be a half assed version of the Hollywood tram tour.

I'm quite happy for us to get bigger and better versions of the Hollywood park.
Maybe not exactly like Great Movie Ride, but a ride where Universal Classics and or Universal Monsters is included would be pretty decent. Much like the ride in the Epcot Ball or Living with the Land. Something people can board and just travel back in the times basically.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
I would love a great movie ride type idea, however I think it's a very difficult attraction to keep (relatively) up to date without it shutting every couple of years for refurb to add the recent successful films. Last time I saw GMR it felt dated up until the montage at the end. I don't know what the most recent set walk through was from memory but it didn't feel like a recent film. Is it Alien possibly? That would be my reservation with a ride like this but I do like the idea.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Someone once said their own blue sky idea of how to update GMR at Disney and remembering it now it would be perfect for a version from Uni. The premise could be that you're attending a classic Universal film festival thus avoiding the need to ever update the attraction with more modern movies. The attraction could work similarly to Universe of Energy in terms of a huge pre show holding area. Then you enter what looks like a normal movie theater and take your seats in different "booths." The film festival starts until it's interrupted by Doc Brown saying he's invented a better way to showcase these films. He flips a switch and the lights go crazy. All of a sudden your "booths" start moving and you realize they were in fact very cleverly disguised trackless vehicles complete with motion bases. The ride would consist of elaborate scenes from the classic monster movies, Hitchcock, E.T., Jaws, BTTF, etc. with lots of action.

Last edited:
I suppose they could tear down a wing of the Hard Rock Hotel... :saywhat:
You know I actually went and looked at the satellite view and that actually could make a lot of sense. The area adjacent to Kid Zone isn't actually a wing of the hotel but rather parking lot space. There's also a parking lot on the other side of the entrance which if converted to a 3-4 level garage could create equivalent or even increased parking for the hotel, that would then free up a much more sizable piece of land than the ET building.

See below:
Red: Existing Kid Zone
Green: Expansion into hotel area
Blue: Parking Garage
c2eT9Jp.jpg

Reactions: Mad Dog
You know I actually went and looked at the satellite view and that actually could make a lot of sense. The area adjacent to Kid Zone isn't actually a wing of the hotel but rather parking lot space. There's also a parking lot on the other side of the entrance which if converted to a 3-4 level garage could create equivalent or even increased parking for the hotel, that would then free up a much more sizable piece of land than the ET building.

See below:
Red: Existing Kid Zone
Green: Expansion into hotel area
Blue: Parking Garage
c2eT9Jp.jpg

You've seemed to forrget AA. And to add, isn't there a drop off/pick up road where the green is?

You've seemed to forrget AA. And to add, isn't there a drop off/pick up road where the green is?
I wasn't sure if AA was/is being included in this or not. Yes, the road could easily be re-routed around the new perimeter in this scenario.

They're not gonna build a show building that more or less butts up to one of their Four Star hotels
They could build a show building a good distance into that area and still keep it as far away as the ET building currently is. Also if they did build it closer to the hotel they could theme the hotel side to match the hotel itself and possibly mirror the look of a potential parking garage on the other side. Universal's a creative company I have no doubt if they chose to do this they could pull it off.

They could build a show building a good distance into that area and still keep it as far away as the ET building currently is. Also if they did build it closer to the hotel they could theme the hotel side to match the hotel itself and possibly mirror the look of a potential parking garage on the other side. Universal's a creative company I have no doubt if they chose to do this they could pull it off.

Sure, they could. They're not gonna, but they could

Yeah I agree I don't think their going to. I'm just illustrating why I don't buy the "they need the space from ET for Nintendo" as an explanation of why ET would be going away.

"Need" probably isn't the word, but while the idea you have may be viable, it'll also be more expensive, effect the guests staying at HRH, and might even take more time.

If they really are going to demolish ET for Nintendo, and I have no clue if they are/aren't, then it's probably the most viable plan to get the room they need