E.T. Adventure General Discussion | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't blame you. Kong was the first to go, and it was by far my favorite. After that, I kind of realized with the limited space they have nothing is sacred. It stinks, but it's the price we pay for new rides
Except Harry Potter and Jurassic Park. I can see those staying as long as anything at Disney. Also Marvel.

I get nostalgia and everything, but ET leaving needs to happen. Things need to go and be upgraded and if it is in the way of something newer and better, let it go.

so if/when ET does go, we can finally end the rumors of Spielberg never letting ET close and a big fallout over it, right?

I have to imagine if Comcast and Spielberg had a meeting or two to have a win-win scenario for ET going. It would make sense, but hopefully we get more on that possibly by a insider.

so if/when ET does go, we can finally end the rumors of Spielberg never letting ET close and a big fallout over it, right?

Fallout probably not, but him putting his foot down about it has a large level of truth in it. This would just mean they finally got him to say yes.

I'd be ok with ET going from it's current location to allow for more Nintendo if we were to see it re-incarnated/refreshed at Gate 3.

I think a lot of people want there to be some sort of Universal Legends type land at the new park with rides like Jaws, BTTF, etc so I think this could play really well into that.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
I think a lot of people want there to be some sort of Universal Legends type land at the new park with rides like Jaws, BTTF, etc so I think this could play really well into that.
BTTF is much more likely (imo) purely bc of the amount of land a proper Jaws ride would eat up.

Its good to note that beloved attractions like BTTF, Jaws, Disaster and Kongfrontation (OrigiKong) has left the parks existence. Nothing is sacred to UC and It would make sense.

Its good to note that beloved attractions like BTTF, Jaws, Disaster and Kongfrontation (OrigiKong) has left the parks existence. Nothing is sacred to UC and I would make sense.
After this the last opening day attraction will be the makeup show. Kind of sucks.

Who says they won't?

Given Universal's recent track record, it doesn't seem smart to put too much hope in them adding a classic dark ride to make up for E.T.'s loss. I know "Secret Life of Pets" was rumored to be on the slate, and in that style, but then again, a lot of things have been rumored over the last few years that haven't come to pass, like the Lorax dark ride and the Jurassic Park amber mine coaster.

I hope this recent talk about E.T. getting the axe is just that: talk. I always really look forward to riding it. Yes, for nostalgic reasons, because it transports me back to my experiences at USF in the 1990s, but I don't think that makes it an invalid reason.

The park has slowly transformed from one that was once filled with some of my favorite IPs (Hitchcock, King Kong, Jaws, BTTF, E.T., Ghostbusters) to one that has tons of fun rides, but only a few IPs I have any strong affection for at this point (Potter and E.T.). I'd wouldn't like seeing a ride that has a big emotional connection to me just discarded for the sexy, flashy new thing, however fun that new thing might end up being.

I get the love of nostalgia, but ET, Jaws, BTTF(one of my favorite movies) are going on 30 years old as movies. You can't expect them to keep them with kids never knowing what they are and others not caring.