Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
DO NOT WATCH THIS DELETED SCENE IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE

Updated results show an opening weekend of $166 mill. Wonder if bad word of mouth is starting to factor in already.
Not really, WB was being way too generous on the Sunday drop. Movies almost never drop under 30% on Easter.

I'm very interested in seeing how much the numbers drop next week. What it has going for it is there is nothing worth seeing opening next weekend. In two weeks you have The Boss opening, but that's not a major deal. I think this movie probably will stay #1 at the box office until The Jungle Book opens on the 15th. So despite the poor quality, this movie will likely end up like the latest Transformers and still survive on it's box office numbers.

DO NOT WATCH THIS DELETED SCENE IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE

Not really, WB was being way too generous on the Sunday drop. Movies almost never drop under 30% on Easter.

If that's the design direction they're going for with the Fourth World characters, I'm glad I'm opting out of the DCEU now.

I'm very interested in seeing how much the numbers drop next week. What it has going for it is there is nothing worth seeing opening next weekend. In two weeks you have The Boss opening, but that's not a major deal. I think this movie probably will stay #1 at the box office until The Jungle Book opens on the 15th. So despite the poor quality, this movie will likely end up like the latest Transformers and still survive on it's box office numbers.

BvS made less its first Saturday than MoS did. It's going to drop like a rock this weekend.

Logic makes you think that, but the lack of competition makes me feel it won't be as bad as people are expecting. The final number for this film will still be pretty looking. It's just that Warner Bros. spent so much on making and advertising it that it won't be as profitable as it should. I guarantee you Deadpool brings FOX more of a profit than this will bring to Warner Bros.

If that's the design direction they're going for with the Fourth World characters, I'm glad I'm opting out of the DCEU now.

BvS made less its first Saturday than MoS did. It's going to drop like a rock this weekend.
MOS made 36M on it's first Saturday, BVS made 50.

Logic makes you think that, but the lack of competition makes me feel it won't be as bad as people are expecting. The final number for this film will still be pretty looking. It's just that Warner Bros. spent so much on making and advertising it that it won't be as profitable as it should. I guarantee you Deadpool brings FOX more of a profit than this will bring to Warner Bros.
Well duh, Deadpool only had a 50 million budget :lol:

Meant Sunday, my bad. I know it was Easter, but still, considering how much it made Friday, the WOM is certainly getting to it.

I'm betting on a good bit less than 100 mill this weekend

Meant Sunday, my bad. I know it was Easter, but still, considering how much it made Friday, the WOM is certainly getting to it.

I'm betting on a good bit less than 100 mill this weekend
It needs to have a 40% drop to make 100 million, that isn't happening :lol: 70 million sounds about right give or take

It needs to have a 40% drop to make 100 million, that isn't happening :lol: 70 million sounds about right give or take

I can see if suffering a same fate as 2003 Hulk. Was pretty divisive initially with fans, and was like a comic book come to life (even though it didn't really follow the storylines). Made $62 million opening weekend (keep in mind, back then that was good for 16th best Opening all-time) and it dropped the 2nd weekend by 60+% due to lack of critical praise.

More info on this weekend's BO:

Conversely, the film holds the record for the worst superhero Friday-to-Sunday drop with a 58% decline, eclipsing the previous 48% decline record held by Fantastic Four in 2015.

I really hope that the 2nd weekend is a drop because I wanna get involved in this DCU; and maybe some fallout could helpfully right this ship for future installments. At least Wan said Aquaman won't be a gritty/serious as BVS.

I really hope that the 2nd weekend is a drop because I wanna get involved in this DCU; and maybe some fallout could helpfully right this ship for future installments. At least Wan said Aquaman won't be a gritty/serious as BVS.

I love Wan, but his comments are not trustworthy. He said that Furious 7 would be a grounded throwback to Bullitt.

Snyder said that The Flash would be nothing close to the tone of the CW's (i.e. fun) because he's "very strict" with the tone of the universe.

The movie grossed 15 million yesterday, which is 1M ahead of Furious 7's first Monday, nearly 4M ahead of IM3's, and nearly 2M ahead of AOU's. Some schools have the Monday off after Easter but it's not a huge impact.

Something that I'd actually forgotten about, was that this movie was originally supposed to have been released last Summer, but Snyder asked for an 8 month extension to make sure it was perfect...

Also, does any sane person actually want an Aquaman movie? A 2 hour movie of a guy communicating on a deep level with fish.

Communicating.
With.
Fish.

Something that I'd actually forgotten about, was that this movie was originally supposed to have been released last Summer, but Snyder asked for an 8 month extension to make sure it was perfect...

Also, does any sane person actually want an Aquaman movie? A 2 hour movie of a guy communicating on a deep level with fish.

Communicating.
With.
Fish.

We did just get a movie about a man that can communicate with ants....

Granted the track record is different between Marvel and DC.

I agree 100%, but I doubt we will see a drop larger than 55-60% range. Some films, see Transformers: RotF, perform outstanding in the face of both critical and fan backlash. I can see BvS doing just that. And a point I don't think I saw brought up is how well the movie is playing with the 18 and under crowd. That demographic gave the film an A- Cinema Score, and with a lot of schools being on Spring Break this week into this weekend and no other big action film slated for release, that demographic could help support the film and keep the % drop from being too steep. ThemeParks4Life already pointed out how well it did yesterday, and that could be a trend we see all week and weekend.

Communicating.
With.
Fish.
James Wan has me curious. Furious 7 was a mixed bag but that was his first time directing a big movie so I'll give him the benefit of doubt.