Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tidal Wave Officially Closes

That would be amazing, but I see something like a non-inverting Mack Launched Coaster to be more fitting due to their budget and need for more family-oriented roller coasters.

Next coaster is thrill ride.. Cobras Curse is the family coaster they needed. Heck even Cheetah Hunt has a lower minimum height and was created to be more of a family thrill ride than a Montu or Kumba. At least thats what the park president told me when I interviewed him lol @BriMan

So apparently today was the very last day to ride Tidal Wave... The announcement was made late this afternoon. Pretty shocked that they would do this without any warning.

Tanganyika Tidal Wave Permanently Closed at Busch Gardens Tampa | Pixels At The Parks

Not cool Busch Gardens. How about a better notice next time?

Personally, after Cobra's Curse I hope if they're removing this that they either place a dark boat ride in its place or something similar to Journey to Atlantis or Escpae a from Pompeii. Losing a water ride is not ok.

How about we get a replacement for Gwazi before we tear another ride out?

Yeah, losing the best themed ride at the park in favor of another coaster does not sit well with me. :thumbsdown:
That's another thing. It was shut down supposedly due to high maintenance costs. I doubt we'll even have a replacement. At least for a few years, that is.

A new coaster sounds nice and all but it sucks to lose a flume for it when there's already a real heavy coaster-leaning imbalance in the roster.

Update: Reliable sources are saying there's a possibility of the closure being delayed until tomorrow or Tuesday, due to an issue with one of the other water rides.

A new coaster sounds nice and all but it sucks to lose a flume for it when there's already a real heavy coaster-leaning imbalance in the roster.
BGT is a coaster park with slightly better theming than Six Flags. If you walk though the gates of BGT expecting something similar to MK or USF, you haven't done your research.

BGT is a coaster park with slightly better theming than Six Flags. If you walk though the gates of BGT expecting something similar to MK or USF, you haven't done your research.

Yeah.. my theme park background goes beyond Universal and Disney parks. But Busch parks, like a lot of parks around the country and the world, do have more than just coasters in their line-up and the flume is a classic theme park staple.

Yeah.. my theme park background goes beyond Universal and Disney parks. But Busch parks, like a lot of parks around the country and the world, do have more than just coasters in their line-up and the flume is a classic theme park staple.
BGW does... BGT has never really been one to do that. Or at least in recent history. They've been moving away from all high maintenance attractions for years. Remember, they took out Akbar's Adventure Tours (Egypt - used for HOS still) in 2007 and Gwazi is SBNO as of early 2015.

Crazy, just rode this yesterday and now really happy I did. When I rode it a few effects weren't working (Water mill had no water, things along those lines) also the line was completely empty to the point where cars were running empty. Looks like it's time here is done.