Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Texas Chain Saw Massacre

I think anybody who doubts this really doesn't know what they're talking about. This is filled to the brim with incredible scenes and settings. The backwoods, gas station, slide door room, dinner table, bone room I mean a billion iconic things to work with. The reboot took place mainly in a trailer park, they're two completely different films and anyone who disagrees probably hasn't seen either. The people who say "oh repeat" are the same who were disapointed in the announcement of Freddy vs Jason last year. I mean yes, "they're the same characters as another year" big whoop, the entire setting, look and story of it will be completely different. This really sounds like another passion project like Halloween or AWIL. Do yourself a favor, watch the movie and give it a friggin chance lol

I was actually excited for Freddy vs Jason last year because I think it's an underrated movie, Monica Keena and Kelly Rowland's acting be damned.

But while I personally don't feel EXCITEMENT for this, Leatherface is a horror movie icon, one of the most unnerving at that, and at this point feels like a Horror Nights staple. Yes, while 3 times in 13 years isn't much, it's more than even some Horror Nights icons.

As far as my thoughts, i'll put it at this.

I never got the chance to see Hollywoods 2007 iteration (but from what it hears like; was intense and visceral); so I had the 2012 rendition to base me off of.

Not only it terrified me to a certain decree, it made me want to stay away from watching the original TCM, and I was curious to watch it before going to HHN2012. I have high hopes of what Aiellos team can do with such an iconic character; and considering that this seems to be UO exclusive, its going to get interesting.

EDIT: It was confirmed of this maze being located in one of the tents.

Last edited:
Eh... It was one scene (the dinner table scene).

I think you guys are being a little hard on it. It's officially been used once in Orlando 9 years ago, and that was based on the 2003 remake. The 1974 movie is completely different. Sure, it features a chainsaw wielding maniac, but the tone and feel is completely opposite from each other.

The last year HHN used TCM they also used Freddy and Jason--I don't recall many complaints about FvJ last year. Personally, it was my house of the year.

This will be the fourth year in a row creative takes on a "classic" (70s/80s) IP. So far we've had AWiL, Halloween and FvJ. Creative clearly respects and loves these IPs--I think this house will easily be a strong contender for HotY.

I'm curious how this will work out. If this is in the new location then it comes down to how well they can use the space and how much they rely on the chainsaws (as in overdoing it). But this announcement is definitely kicking off the HHN season with a bang and I am looking forward to how the event unfolds!

It's apparently a tent house, don't expect real chainsaw inside the house, however I would expect a final leatherface to come out at the end with a real one.
I don't recall many complaints about FvJ last year. Personally, it was my house of the year.
People complained when it was first announced for the same reasons people are complaining about TCM. The "They've both been done before" argument. But as you said it turned out fantastic and now the complaint seems silly. By the looks of it now, that exact thing will happen again lol

It's apparently a tent house, don't expect real chainsaw inside the house, however I would expect a final leatherface to come out at the end with a real one.
My guess is a part of the reason behind this location is to build a good facade like Halloween and Insidious, I think that's a good thing!

Sure, that's the same as the effort and detail Uni puts into these.
There's no doubt A&D will do it up but.... again... it's a recycled, dated idea.

I can't wait for a room with hanging meat. Or the part where Leatherface opens a boo door, revs his chainsaw than goes back in. Or the part where the girl in distress is trying to get away but leather face kills her. Or the part with the guys in the wheelchair.

Do you think the facade will be an old country house with abandoned cars around it? Mmmaayybbeeee.

it's a recycled, dated idea.

So is basically 99% of every horror entertainment product of the last few decades. Even Universal's "original" houses are far from original ideas, let's be honest.

I can't wait for a room with hanging meat. Or the part where Leatherface opens a boo door, revs his chainsaw than goes back in. Or the part where the girl in distress is trying to get away but leather face kills her. Or the part with the guys in the wheelchair.

You just described basically every single HHN house. Just switch out Leatherface with another horror-themed character.

Maybe you're just over HHN in general?

Do you think the facade will be an old country house with abandoned cars around it? Mmmaayybbeeee.

:violin:

Had no idea you were such a die hard Texas Chainsaw Fan. Sorry if I offended you or something. Opinions are tough sometimes.

You should go work for A&D. Next year they might do a Ring house or Leatherface vs Chucky.

Had no idea you were such a die hard Texas Chainsaw Fan. Sorry if I offended you or something. Opinions are tough sometimes.

You should go work for A&D. Next year they might do a Ring house or Leatherface vs Chucky.

I'm not a particularly big TCM fan. I appreciate the original film for being a classic, but I don't have strong feeling for the property one way or another.

I'm just not exactly sure why using a property for a second time in the event's 26 year history is so offensive to your sensibilities.

If this is as intense as the Hollywood one from 2012 were in for a serious treat!! It was the first house I did that year in Hollywood and to this day remains one of the most intense walk throughs I've ever had!

If this is as intense as the Hollywood one from 2012 were in for a serious treat!! It was the first house I did that year in Hollywood and to this day remains one of the most intense walk throughs I've ever had!
You're one of few folks on here who have been able to experience both coasts. I made it a habit to do both coasts and I will never miss either incarnation.

My question or rumbling or thinking a loud though is that it will be great, but not as intense or "raw" as Hollywood. I find them to be a lot more gritty and less "polished." I feel like the actors there are JNTO IT and are ALLOWED to be. I've often said Hollywood feels very old school Orlando.

That being said, id love to hear your opinion on the differences, similarities and other qualities/quirks and how they might effect the Orlando version of TCM.

This notion that Leatherface/TCM being overused is hysterical. It was used ONCE in the history of Halloween Horror Nights in Orlando. Officially, anyways.

9 years ago.

Fast forward to HHN 25. Crowds have grown beyond measure compared to 2007. I'd say about 75% of the people that come through those gates didn't experience the house in 2007. So just cause fans have experienced something almost a decade ago, means that it should be shelfed forever? Where was the complaining last year about Body Collectors coming back? Or 25 Years? It was literally a rehash of everything we've already had?

Where was the hate when Freddy vs. Jason was announced?

I know people want to see riskier and less run of the mill IPs. But properties like Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Walking Dead and Freddy vs. Jason bring the general public through the gates. It makes money. You need something that can appeal to the masses. Properties like this are what enable non-headliner properties to come to HHN. People can't seem to grasp that concept.

This type of complaining seems to have gotten out of hand now. You can't please everyone of course, but there's people who feel everything needs to be catered to them. It's getting tiresome.

Are you tired of HHN using IPs? Don't go.

This notion that Leatherface/TCM being overused is hysterical. It was used ONCE in the history of Halloween Horror Nights in Orlando. Officially, anyways.

9 years ago.

Fast forward to HHN 25. Crowds have grown beyond measure compared to 2007. I'd say about 75% of the people that come through those gates didn't experience the house in 2007. So just cause fans have experienced something almost a decade ago, means that it should be shelfed forever? Where was the complaining last year about Body Collectors coming back? Or 25 Years? It was literally a rehash of everything we've already had?

Where was the hate when Freddy vs. Jason was announced?

I know people want to see riskier and less run of the mill IPs. But properties like Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Walking Dead and Freddy vs. Jason bring the general public through the gates. It makes money. You need something that can appeal to the masses. Properties like this are what enable non-headliner properties to come to HHN. People can't seem to grasp that concept.

This type of complaining seems to have gotten out of hand now. You can't please everyone of course, but there's people who feel everything needs to be catered to them. It's getting tiresome.

Are you tired of HHN using IPs? Don't go.

I heard the mic drop all Tue way over here at Pop Century!