Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Has Catacombs been five years? That's one I'm really sad I missed out on, and cobwebs makes sense in there huh?
It'd be exactly 5, yeah. And it was a damn good house and it's weird because I cannot tell you why.

It literally sold based on premise and costumes and sound alone.

Another case like Havoc where the set (or lack thereof) didn't even matter.

EDIT: God, I love Catacombs.

Reactions: Cole and SeventyOne
Agreed. Catacombs was awesome. One I never see mentioned anymore is The Hallow is another one that was awesome on every level the same way.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I was a member on Vault, but never posted.

And I'm almost positive our requel is not in a tent. Especially since Mike specifically mentioned it would have modern effects. A soundstage would be best to really support that because it's a much more controlled environment. Not 100%, but at least 85%.

I was a member on Vault, but never posted.

And I'm almost positive our requel is not in a tent. Especially since Mike specifically mentioned it would have modern effects. A soundstage would be best to really support that because it's a much more controlled environment. Not 100%, but at least 85%.
Was the requel originally in a SS as well?

It'd be exactly 5, yeah. And it was a damn good house and it's weird because I cannot tell you why.

It literally sold based on premise and costumes and sound alone.

Another case like Havoc where the set (or lack thereof) didn't even matter.

EDIT: God, I love Catacombs.
Yeah that would be difficult to reproduce when you get the casting perfect.

And that year Uni was especially strict about cameras. Not even promo shots of the interior and 0 behind the scenes photos on that.

In general that year sounds like it was really good.

Yeah that would be difficult to reproduce when you get the casting perfect.

And that year Uni was especially strict about cameras. Not even promo shots of the interior and 0 behind the scenes photos on that.

In general that year sounds like it was really good.
No one I know really talks about it but looking back on it it was a really killer year.

For me, nothing beats 14 still. But 20 might be #2.

YESSS construction pics!!! Whatever that is, it looks awesome lol. Catacombs will always go down as one of my favorite houses, absolutely disgusting and insanely unique. Really different type of scare there that I haven't seen replicated since. I speculate the requel will be anything in 21 (especially nightingales). Manly because all were fan favorites and all have potential for requels

YESSS construction pics!!! Whatever that is, it looks awesome lol. Catacombs will always go down as one of my favorite houses, absolutely disgusting and insanely unique. Really different type of scare there that I haven't seen replicated since. I speculate the requel will be anything in 21 (especially nightingales). Manly because all were fan favorites and all have potential for requels
I totally forgot Nightingales.

I love the characters and the premise. I kinda would love to see a very unconventional /off the wall location for them. Something other than wartime would be creative.

Reactions: SeventyOne and Cole
No one I know really talks about it but looking back on it it was a really killer year.

For me, nothing beats 14 still. But 20 might be #2.

Agreed on 14, but yes, when weakest links to 20 were the icon and the just-ok Zombiegeddon (saved by its queue video and exit scare zone), it was one of the best.

Catacombs was incredible, but we literally had perfect casting. It became the house ABUs were requesting to work and the only drop the entire run had to quit because he got a job with Imagineering.

I haven't said because I'm too informed. I can say I'm confident it matches a rumor from a couple months back, it's over 5 years old, and it's my favorite house (I wasn't cast in).

I know you have praised "Ghost Town" on multiple occasions (especially the finale)

Reactions: Legacy
Two more construction preview pics from "Cobweb" up on the official HHN Twitter. Sure looks like it could be some sort of Catacomb to me