Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 336 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hey! After months of just reading the forums I've decided to take part in it. My friend Kimani's dad is the construction manager for Reign Of Kong. And according to him. This ride is not opening any time soon. A combination of miscommunication and Technical problems led to the delay. Which will be a lengthy one. I'm excited to be here on the forums! And I can't wait to post more updates.

Hey! After months of just reading the forums I've decided to take part in it. My friend Kimani's dad is the construction manager for Reign Of Kong. And according to him. This ride is not opening any time soon. A combination of miscommunication and Technical problems led to the delay. Which will be a lengthy one. I'm excited to be here on the forums! And I can't wait to post more updates.
Welcome to the forums :) It's great fun, you'll enjoy it!

Reactions: Mike S and Sean
Welcome to OU!

Well, they got til September 21st to open this thing by its promised summer 2016 date. Let's see if they pull a Rivers of Light and delay it indefinitely or continue to play dumb.

Looks awesome.

In the Hollywood version's ride film, there's a Studio Tour tram filled with tourists that gets destroyed by the dinos. According to that pic, they may have re-edited the ride film to superimpose our ride vehicles instead.

While that would be cool, it would only make sense if Kate (the blonde chick) is driving it, which is why Kong would want to save her, as we've seen in the preview footage her crew standing by a truck.
On another note though, doesn't the bug pit scene come before the 360 part, because in the Hollywood version Kong lands the vehicles in the bug pit before the screen cuts to black, so part of me thinks the film may not be as identical to the Hollywood version as some think.

Reactions: UNIrd and Mike S
The entire thing has been animated from scratch. You can't just throw an old ride film that literally has nothing to do with the new attraction outside of a big ape and dinosaurs into a massive new attraction.

It's like people expect to see the USH tram in the video as you do in Hollywood... Not to mention the truck is far shorter. You can't just re-edit that sort of thing.

The entire thing has been animated from scratch. You can't just throw an old ride film that literally has nothing to do with the new attraction outside of a big ape and dinosaurs into a massive new attraction.

It's like people expect to see the USH tram in the video as you do in Hollywood... Not to mention the truck is far shorter. You can't just re-edit that sort of thing.
You can do a lot in this day and age.

Cigb4dOWEAIOYmC.jpg

EDIT: I need to read peoples twitter feed more :p

Last edited: