Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 163 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two concerns with this particular plan are sightlines. A 10 story hotel is going to tower over just about everything except RRR. Also, I don't think that a rooftop pool is going to fit with the resort feel of the other properties. If they were to go more boutique scale with this one, say one level of valet with guests cars getting moved over to the central garage and then built up to 4 stories, they could fit 200-300 rooms into that space and then they can sell the resort as a whole for the amenities. Use the pool at Hard Rock, Portofino, etc.
This particular location, isn't necessarily designed to feel like the other resort locations because of the city walk vibe right near by. Thank about How different contemporary is next to it's fellow monorail counterparts, yet still ultra popular. If Universal does another Island, Lost Springs or Hidden Falls theme, it should not be on the current property.

Yeah... i'm not quite on-board with spirit's theories of late. He's been making up for a lot of misinformation he spread about SHDL by saying how bad MM+ is. Sure it's possible, but when you just got one thing incredibly wrong, i'm not inclined to believe your cover up.

Plus, he's an attention whore.
Here's something you won't find over there at WDWMagic! :)

Reactions: Mad Dog
I was talking to the mother of a couple and their children and she mentioned that were going to vacation in Orlando. My response was, "Oh, they're doing the Disney thing?". She responded no, they were going to Universal. I added "and Disney?" and she said no, just Universal. I was SHOCKED as I had never heard such a thing from a regular family that isn't into parks.

My parents only ever took us to Universal Orlando since I was 7... Actually, I've never been to Disney. But I have plenty of Universal vacations under I belt... Now I feel very abnormal. :confused:

Just a general thought, when was the last time major attractions/Entertainment opened at all 3 resorts like this in the same month? Mako, Kong, Frozen, Soarin' Around The World, New Castle Show, New Star Wars Fireworks, DAK nighttime offerings, and Tiffins. And just a few weeks later in July, Sapphire Falls opens.

Yup, MM+ was Stagg's baby.

There's a video somewhere at some tech convention where the hosts are clobbering him about how UNI is advancing the ride experience and what Disney is doing to answer it, and he kept bringing up how easy it will be to make dining reservations with MM+ and they keep asking about rides.
Here's something you won't find over there at WDWMagic! :)
Spirit has legit sources, especially within the dis company, people get things wrong, no matter how good the sources are. I'm sure he considers what he does entertainment, he does have very creepy stalkers, which no doubt encourages him to rub his sources/info in their faces, especially the the supposed indy bloggers that are on WDWs gift giving for favors list, there's no reason to rag on the guy when he can't defend himself.

Reactions: peteralt and Mike S
Spirit has legit sources, especially within the dis company, people get things wrong, no matter how good the sources are. I'm sure he considers what he does entertainment, he does have very creepy stalkers, which no doubt encourages him to rub his sources/info in their faces, especially the the supposed indy bloggers that are on WDWs gift giving for favors list, there's no reason to rag on the guy when he can't defend himself.
He has info, yes, but you have to sort through a bunch of crap to find it. And he's such a drama queen it's hard to tell how true some things are and if he's stretching the truth to fit his narrative.

Personally, while I know he has info, I don't care for him. I'd rather listen to someone who will be straight up with me like @Marni1971, @Teebin or @hatetofly just to name a few.

He has info, yes, but you have to sort through a bunch of crap to find it. And he's such a drama queen it's hard to tell how true some things are and if he's stretching the truth to fit his narrative.

Personally, while I know he has info, I don't care for him. I'd rather listen to someone who will be straight up with me like @Marni1971, @Teebin or @hatetofly just to name a few.
I understand, really, the posting style issue can get too much, and I respect those guys you mention too, miss whylightbulb also, but constantly seeing the "attention whore" stuff over and over is lame.

Reactions: peteralt and Mike S
I understand, really, the posting style issue can get too much, and I respect those guys you mention too, miss whylightbulb also, but constantly seeing the "attention whore" stuff over and over is lame.
Maybe it is "lame", but it's kinda the truth. I don't need to know about his lavish vacations or whatnot or his constant complaining about certain things (He went on for months about the Chinese Gov't). The Gov't may be corrupt, but I don't go to a theme park website to see pages upon pages of political talk.

Reactions: peteralt
Just a general thought, when was the last time major attractions/Entertainment opened at all 3 resorts like this in the same month? Mako, Kong, Frozen, Soarin' Around The World, New Castle Show, New Star Wars Fireworks, DAK nighttime offerings, and Tiffins. And just a few weeks later in July, Sapphire Falls opens.

It goes to show that Comcast/UC pretty much woke everyone else up in Orlando.. ;)

Maybe it is "lame", but it's kinda the truth. I don't need to know about his lavish vacations or whatnot or his constant complaining about certain things (He went on for months about the Chinese Gov't). The Gov't may be corrupt, but I don't go to a theme park website to see pages upon pages of political talk.
No, it's lame and old. We're not in his thread, we don't have to read them, and we can just not post about him, or just not make it personal. Pretty simple.

Reactions: Mike S
No, it's lame and old. We're not in his thread, we don't have to read them, and we can just not post about him, or just not make it personal. Pretty simple.
I don't want to be posting about him anymore though, you just started a bit ago.

I don't want to be posting about him anymore though, you just started a bit ago.
I quoted a post and it's a pretty common thing recently in these threads, so no, didn't start it, I responded. But I agree, we don't need to go on about it :)

Uni expansion, I still want a horror attraction.

Reactions: Mike S
Yup, MM+ was Stagg's baby.

There's a video somewhere at some tech convention where the hosts are clobbering him about how UNI is advancing the ride experience and what Disney is doing to answer it, and he kept bringing up how easy it will be to make dining reservations with MM+ and they keep asking about rides.

It's not just that. It's that certain subjects over there are like taboo. There's no rule against these topics, but a host of regulars are known for tearing people apart by the mere mentioning of those certain topics. These topics include monorail expansion, Marvel, fifth gate, as well as others. Also, anyone who dares to question their host of "experts" is humiliated as well. Sometimes it can become a strange circus of humiliation for a website that is supposed to be a friendly gathering among fans.

It's not just that. It's that certain subjects over there are like taboo. There's no rule against these topics, but a host of regulars are known for tearing people apart by the mere mentioning of those certain topics. These topics include monorail expansion, Marvel, fifth gate, as well as others. Also, anyone who dares to question their host of "experts" is humiliated as well. Sometimes it can become a strange circus of humiliation for a website that is supposed to be a friendly gathering among fans.
There's a reason for that: they're not going to happen. Ever. And it's annoying when people keep bringing them up and can't get it through their thick heads. Thankfully it doesn't happen very often anymore. I guess they finally got the message.

It all catches up. You're just breezing along, living on past reputation and glories, and then it just happens, before you expect it. And then it's too late. Too much to overcome even with two or three new lands.
Yeah, especially with this catastrophe called EPCOT Center! ALL the parks there need multi-billion dollar investments, not just DHS and DAK!

Reactions: Mad Dog
There's a reason for that: they're not going to happen. Ever. And it's annoying when people keep bringing them up and can't get it through their thick heads. Thankfully it doesn't happen very often anymore. I guess they finally got the message.
No, most of these have been in the long term plans for many decades. It's planned to happen. Maybe not now or under current management or financial conditions, but the people who first laid down the planning for the resort all wanted these things to happen eventually. The attacks on the other board could be frustration over the fact that current management has ignored and disregarded the original visions, and have misdirected that frustration; and have rationalized it with religious denial.

Just look at what EPCOT has become. That's what happens when the vision dissipates. Tell any of the Imagineers who worked on its original attractions back then circa 1980 that EPCOT will become a permanent home and gardening convention with shuttered pavilions, they would probably not believe you.

It's that same attitude that has stalled monorail expansion. It's that same attitude that has the current system in poor shape teetering on a future state of disrepair.

It's that same attitude that has brought the company to do the unthinkable - selling off pieces of WDW parcel property. The latest victim to be announced to be sold off is Flamingo Crossing. This joins Celebration, Golden Oak, Cross Roads, Little Lake Bryon, the Four Seasons, and other WDW real estate properties to get sold off.

Additionally, no new resort hotel rooms have been added since the All Star Animation resort. However, existing resorts have become targets for conversation into Vacation Club time share units.

The highly anticipated New Fantasyland added no new atttractions, after taking attractions away; and, offered no E tickets.

Meanwhile, DLR over in Anaheim has done the complete opposite, actually adding new stuff and improving the existing attractions at the same time. They are really improving their attractions and updating them - hatbox ghost and explosive new BTMRR ending are but two examples of many that have yet to make it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.