Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 431 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A thought for the folks who don't appreciate an honest critical review...

The reason we end up with attractions that aren't top tier caliber despite their budgets, resources, and talent backing them is because nowhere in the process does someone say "gee, this isn't working as expected" because of how harsh the repercussions are for anyone seen as a Debbie Downer. Yes men make mediocre attractions.

Kong is at a point right now where it has potential but if you say it's amazing and doesn't need some tweaks it'll stay mediocre. The positive action ego-stroker brigade is far more damaging for the greater good than any negative comment. There's a reason complaints are -supposed- to be seen as opportunities.

But if ego is more important than the quality of a ride that's going to be installed for 20-something years, fine, it was amazing as is.

Last edited:
I got a good feeling about this!
image.jpg

Speaking of dark clouds, one wonders if they will wait for the first chance to run the ride outside for softs or if they'll take advantage of the storm to use the bypass.

Apparently the vehicle issues exist in the outside portion so id say they might just run it without it rain or shine for a while.

Reactions: Ryno27
Some of these reviews are really down talking the attraction... It's a lot better then some people are saying..

Always Debbie downers.
Yep, it sounds quite good from the enthusiasm in the vast majority of the reviews we've heard thus far.......On one review the ride had issues (not running outside, air conditioning not working properly in queue, plus other issues) and the line was long. In those types of situations with a new ride in early tests, I generally disregard the review because the reviewer was probably negatively affected by those issues, and of course we'll hear somewhat negative comments. We saw lots of bad reviews of FJ and Gringotts when there were long lines and the rides weren't working properly. But now that everything works well, the vast majority of people give both rides great grades. Heh, it's natural for rides in early testing and even the first month or two to have issues. So, for "my" own purposes, I'll only pay attention to the reviews posted from when the attraction was running close to 90-100%. After all, that reflects what the ride will be like a lot more than a review of the attraction when it was having issues.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts