Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 171 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
At the 2 minute mark of this video you can see more of the cool lighting package on that coaster in Iowa. I could see this in green and purple in some form for hulk:

Reactions: Ryno27
Any photos of the lights actually being on while the vehicle is testing yet? I'm curious what it looks like.
Last testing video I saw the "headlights" in the front of the train were not installed yet. I am curious, do we think this ride is delayed or Uni planned a late summer opening all along? It seems like if there is a delay the queue must be the cause which means we hopefully are in for great theming and more details the concepts didn't show. So little information :confused:

Last testing video I saw the "headlights" in the front of the train were not installed yet. I am curious, do we think this ride is delayed or Uni planned a late summer opening all along? It seems like if there is a delay the queue must be the cause which means we hopefully are in for great theming and more details the concepts didn't show. So little information :confused:

I think it is a combination of a couple things. I also think that Universal got a little over there head with the amount of construction going on. But I think it was the coaster and the queue and maybe one being delayed allowed the other one to be delayed too.

I think it is a combination of a couple things. I also think that Universal got a little over there head with the amount of construction going on. But I think it was the coaster and the queue and maybe one being delayed allowed the other one to be delayed too.
While I agree that one being delayed is leading to the other, remember we saw Transformers built in record time in the middle of USF while Diagon Alley was under construction for most of it. There is no shortage of construction crews if they spend the money. Maybe it is as a simple as it not being the priority with Kong as this year's major addition.

Hulk isn't behind schedule at all. Just because the coaster is cycling (which happened a few weeks early, btw) doesn't mean they just open the ride for people. That would be like expecting softs when the first Kong truck started running back in January.

Late Summer (as in the last holiday weekend of the summer) was always the plan. If everything remains on schedule softs will start in August.

...so many "sky is falling/ride is delayed" comments on these forums as of late. If you ask me, I think a 12 month rebuild of the entire ride + queue + added elements is pretty damn impressive.

Hulk isn't behind schedule at all. Just because the coaster is cycling (which happened a few weeks early, btw) doesn't mean they just open the ride for people. That would be like expecting softs when the first Kong truck started running back in January.

Late Summer (as in the last holiday weekend of the summer) was always the plan. If everything remains on schedule softs will start in August.

...so many "sky is falling/ride is delayed" comments on these forums as of late. If you ask me, I think a 12 month rebuild of the entire ride + queue + added elements is pretty damn impressive.

Kong and Hulk are completely apples and oranges. Consider Mako which, yes has far less effects than new hulk, is still a brand new B&M coaster that started cycling shortly before Hulk and is now in softs. Kong is a brand new, never seen before ride system, RVs, finicky wifi, creepy AAs etc that obviously is a lot more complex than a rebuilt sit down roller coaster with a spinning tire launch.

I really don't think anyone is saying the sky is falling at all or that anyone is expecting the ride to open tomorrow when only dummies have cycled. It has just been minimal information so there really isn't that much else to talk about. The coaster is cycling which is great news. I would say most people probably saw the initially advertised summer 2016 and expected it to be open for their June-July vacations rather than this labor day date you're mentioning. If only we all had the insight you had ;)