Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 471 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's 3 screens and Kong. Kong is impressive but overall it looks more shoved in the ride than a integral part of it. I know 2 people who have been on it in person (1 of them literally got off about 2 hours ago) and opinions are severely mixed among "live" viewers too.

Just got home from softs. Even though it went down during my ride through, right before the final scene (so we went past kong with no audio, then they had already closed it off after I exited), I really enjoyed the whole experience. The queue felt just like Indiana Jones Adventure . It was very creepy and totally unnerving. The 3D was great, very crisp and the effects synced to the video worked wonderfully. Kong himself was huge! I sat on the right side of the truck and was taken back by how massive and close to the vehicle he gets. I can't wait to ride it again. This time uninterrupted to feel the complete pacing of the attraction. But I think its a great addition to the park and I feel much better about the loss of Kongfrontation (although its hard to beat the original)!

It's 3 screens and Kong. Kong is impressive but overall it looks more shoved in the ride than a integral part of it. I know 2 people who have been on it in person (1 of them literally got off about 2 hours ago) and opinions are severely mixed among "live" viewers too.

The opinions of a couple people on from a "live periscope" session is hardly proof of how the general public as a whole will feel, so why do you keep bringing it up in an attempt to validate your opinion of a ride you have admittedly not been on? I mean, there is now a ride through of the complete ride where the truck erupted into cheers at the end, but again that's anecdotal, like your point, at best.

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
Everyone, no need to insult or put down. Stop, this is a final warning.

And you coming to such an immediate defense shares a bit about you also

Oh because I'm supposed to watch the video and have no thoughts about it. You making that comment just shows more about you. Lmao

I did use poor language and I apologize. I am not defending the attraction, there are several people on this site, including Briman, who have been on the ride and will be posting reviews soon.

I can understand why some people that have been anticipating the attraction might find some of it disappointing. Even I have concerns with some of what I see. On the other hand, I LOVE well done projected 3D... so... there. I am just not going to voice my concerns at this point. I do think it will grow on people regardless of any issues.

So I managed to run from the theatre in terminator all the way over to Kong just after softs started. This is was my last day in Florida for 3 months so talk about some luck!
The queue itself sets the tone perfectly. The scares while somewhat obvious are affective and the costumes and makeup very good. The animatronic in the queue also good. The ride suffered temporary difficulties in this room but it helped build up the tension.
The ride was good loved Kong and the bats and the 360 screen was awesome. Some people were taken aback by the transitions and how good they looked between the screens and 'real'. There's a lot to look at and would need another ride to see it all. Was sat back row to the far side of the car.
One of my favourite ride experiences at universal on the whole though.

The vast majority of the comments on the YouTube POV are negative, but I have yet to see a single bad review from people that have actually ridden it. How interesting.

Not going to read to much into, however it was a primary Disney based site that filmed and released that video and are pulling people from their primarily Disney based Facebook page (where it seemed the queue "controversy" seemed to start at that). Every other comment is comparing Universal to Disney and claiming Disney is better. My favorite was someone claiming WWoHP is a flop as well and would have been better if Disney built it. So yeah, the target audience the video is being aimed at is far from unbiased.

I sound like a broken record at this point but I'm going down Sunday and staying the week, hoping I'm able to be in the right place at the right time and get a chance to experience this for myself!

I so envy you locals who can just head up to the parks when you hear they're doing softs

Reactions: Mike S and Ryno27
Hey guys, as Brian has stated, UOR is very adamant about no video taping, so we'll be removing links to on ride videos.

Also, we're getting close to Brian and I yelling at you guys about taking this to the screens thread. We have lots of people coming today and the following days looking for updates on soft openings and the attraction, not "UNI HAS TOO MANY SCREENZ!" and "NU-UH!"