Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 519 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The announcement was along the lines of "We apologize but your tour of Skull Island cannot continue as planned. Stay seated and wait for a team member for further instructions."

Wow, that is one I did not hear yesterday.

Maybe my goal should not be multiple rides until I get all the views from inside the truck but until I hear all the delay messages and warnings. :)

Can't wait for 6 months down the road til they tune this up and have it running like Gringott's. It will be a walk on most of the time.

Can't wait for 6 months down the road til they tune this up and have it running like Gringott's. It will be a walk on most of the time.

Yeah, that is kind of the way to approach any new tech attraction.

My burnt fuse is that they have had one of those vehicles on track since last November! And remember, UC is having a really big cow over these issues. There have been many ALL CAPS meetings behind closed doors for a few months.

Hey everyone! Heading up to Orlando today. Will be there in a few hours. Excited for Kong's opening soon! Does anyone have a good strategy for getting in for soft openings? I was thinking we would go to the Studios first, then head to Islands around 3 for Kong - we'll only be there for the day, so we don't want to just wait around all morning. What do you all think? TYIA! :D

Reactions: Mike S and JoeCamel
Hey everyone! Heading up to Orlando today. Will be there in a few hours. Excited for Kong's opening soon! Does anyone have a good strategy for getting in for soft openings? I was thinking we would go to the Studios first, then head to Islands around 3 for Kong - we'll only be there for the day, so we don't want to just wait around all morning. What do you all think? TYIA! :D
Good plan, and good luck.

Yes, do a pass about 3 and see if they are holding under the flyers. If they are I would get in line then. The TMs are being pretty straightforward about when they might run so just ask. They would not know more than a couple of hours in advance if they expect to open that day.

Hey all! We were able to ride! I guess we lucked out - we went into the line (behind the walls near toon lagoon) about 20 minutes before softs began. It started raining some big drops right before we got in, so, thankfully, we didn't get too wet. The ride was pretty awesome! Definitely need to go on again - kept whipping my head around trying to take it all in.

Right now I'm not sure if the line is still open, but when we exited it was closed. Thank you SO much, all of you, for helping me and my family finally get on Kong. I really appreciate it! :D

Hey all! We were able to ride! I guess we lucked out - we went into the line (behind the walls near toon lagoon) about 20 minutes before softs began. It started raining some big drops right before we got in, so, thankfully, we didn't get too wet. The ride was pretty awesome! Definitely need to go on again - kept whipping my head around trying to take it all in.

Right now I'm not sure if the line is still open, but when we exited it was closed. Thank you SO much, all of you, for helping me and my family finally get on Kong. I really appreciate it! :D
Since it was raining, did you get the shortened version with no outdoors? Thanks for the review. :thumbsup:

Sadly, we did skip the outdoor portion, but, from what I can tell, everything else in the ride went perfectly! I'm glad we were able to experience it (followed some tips here and were on the right side of row 9 ;)). We'll be back in July so hoping we'll get the full effect then! 360 part looked so real - and that animatronic, so cool!

Sadly, we did skip the outdoor portion, but, from what I can tell, everything else in the ride went perfectly! I'm glad we were able to experience it (followed some tips here and were on the right side of row 9 ;)). We'll be back in July so hoping we'll get the full effect then! 360 part looked so real - and that animatronic, so cool!
Well, that gives you something (outdoors portion) to look forward to. It's a great sign that you considered the ride "pretty awesome" without getting the grand gates opening effect. Thanks again.

Well, that gives you something (outdoors portion) to look forward to. It's a great sign that you considered the ride "pretty awesome" without getting the grand gates opening effect. Thanks again.

Yes! I plan on trying to ride again once the rain slows a bit (at Thunder Falls atm). Though I will agree with others that feel it's a bit short, it's still fun - a nice addition to IOA. Love all the splatters - the blood, guts, and dino spit! :D

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
Yes! I plan on trying to ride again once the rain slows a bit (at Thunder Falls atm). Though I will agree with others that feel it's a bit short, it's still fun - a nice addition to IOA. Love all the splatters - the blood, guts, and dino spit! :D

Radar not looking good for the next hour at least