Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 549 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So anyone know when might be a good time to record the audio for ROK with limited people? I've been listening to a recording of ROK over and over just because of the music and I'm tired of listening to people scream :bang: I wanna listen to ROK's music over and over and over...:blank:

Is there no way to record it with those magnetic recording devices? Is it called induction recording?

Possibly for B-roll when the media opening finally occurs?

Also @hatetofly stated awhile back that we should know the grand opening date any day now... it may be ever closer. I say July 13th.
Speaking of a grand opening of some sort...

I noticed some audio equipment and what look to be many speakers lining the path in front of Kong set up today.

P1070635.jpg

Large equipment on left

P1070636.jpg

Yes, that bamboo is totally hiding it.

P1070637.jpg

Closer look at the covered something

P1070638.jpg

Table with a cart on it? Audio mixer perhaps? Hmmm?

P1070644.jpg

Strategically placed plants

P1070640.jpg

Not so hidden wires

P1070645.jpg

Looks like a speaker to me, several of them covered and hidden behind plants

P1070647.jpg

Another one hiding back here

Didn't think there was any more after hours events or private functions coming up so assuming it's here for something Kong related. Maybe Kong? Kong. KONG. KONG! KONG!

Little girl with crappy parents. There are tons of warnings about the ride being not for little ones.
Like the idiot parents who took a preschooler to ID4 last week, kid is crying parents are mad cause they have to leave. What do they expect?
It makes me mad when I see parents putting kids in situations that are bound to scare them. We never in 5 visits to Disneyland saw a single firework show because we had a kid who was terrified of the sounds of fireworks. Yeah, I really wanted to see the show, but I was a parent and that means sometimes I don't get what I want.
Sorry, mini rant.:fist:

The issue with this is that the child may not be riding. They may be using child swap. No other line in Uni has scare actors and so a parent is not expecting it. They have taken their smaller kids on all other lines in both parks, gotten to child swap, and did that with no issues. Even mummy, while dark, is most likely not going to put a child in tears. Now if the child went ON the ride and came out in tears, I would blame the parents. But the child going thru the line and ending up in tears? I don't blame the parents. I said from day one the issue was going to be child swap.

Speaking of a grand opening of some sort...

I noticed some audio equipment and what look to be many speakers lining the path in front of Kong set up today.

P1070635.jpg

Large equipment on left

P1070636.jpg

Yes, that bamboo is totally hiding it.

P1070637.jpg

Closer look at the covered something

P1070638.jpg

Table with a cart on it? Audio mixer perhaps? Hmmm?

P1070644.jpg

Strategically placed plants

P1070640.jpg

Not so hidden wires

P1070645.jpg

Looks like a speaker to me, several of them covered and hidden behind plants

P1070647.jpg

Another one hiding back here

Didn't think there was any more after hours events or private functions coming up so assuming it's here for something Kong related. Maybe Kong? Kong. KONG. KONG! KONG!
Wild guess. You really, really, really like Reign of Kong..... :):thumbsup:

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mike S
I see they finally added Kong to the map on the official App. Still no wait time listed there yet.

That is such a deceiving little draw up of the ride for those that going into it have no idea that what lies behind the big doors is not a little trek through the woods, but several rooms of screens...

I just saw a commercial for ROK that I've never seen before. The commercial makes it seem like the ride is better than what it actually is.

The issue with this is that the chil
The issue with this is that the child may not be riding. They may be using child swap. No other line in Uni has scare actors and so a parent is not expecting it. They have taken their smaller kids on all other lines in both parks, gotten to child swap, and did that with no issues. Even mummy, while dark, is most likely not going to put a child in tears. Now if the child went ON the ride and came out in tears, I would blame the parents. But the child going thru the line and ending up in tears? I don't blame the parents. I said from day one the issue was going to be child swap.

d may not be riding. They may be using child swap. No other line in Uni has scare actors and so a parent is not expecting it. They have taken their smaller kids on all other lines in both parks, gotten to child swap, and did that with no issues. Even mummy, while dark, is most likely not going to put a child in tears. Now if the child went ON the ride and came out in tears, I would blame the parents. But the child going thru the line and ending up in tears? I don't blame the parents. I said from day one the issue was going to be child swap.

I have never been on Haunted Mansion either. Again, my kid was freaked out by the entrance. Kong has a very scary entrance. I know it stinks not being able to do things because of little kids, but them's the breaks when you have kids.