Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

exactly, not sure, maybe it happens all the time but we never hear of it. But its still running, how do they even begin reversing the train? or do they? do they just gently push it out the tunnel on a lower speed once its been EVAC'd?

Seems like either a weight thing, slippy busbar, or breakdown of the flywheels?

also does the train still get weighed each time before it dispatches? or is there no need for that now? im sure it used to be a feature like mummy.

exactly, not sure, maybe it happens all the time but we never hear of it. But its still running, how do they even begin reversing the train? or do they? do they just gently push it out the tunnel on a lower speed once its been EVAC'd?

Seems like either a weight thing, slippy busbar, or breakdown of the flywheels?

also does the train still get weighed each time before it dispatches? or is there no need for that now? im sure it used to be a feature like mummy.
they simply reverse it out of the tunnel.. here's a video of a lightning delay mid launch.. glad to know it's still running.

That is pretty sweet!, never seen it before! it must be a very disconcerting feeling when it stops mid launch, also was it always that dark on the load platform?:(

That is pretty sweet!, never seen it before! it must be a very disconcerting feeling when it stops mid launch, also was it always that dark on the load platform?:(
Actually it had to be a power outage I'm thinking for it to be that dark, from the weather I'm sure. you can hear the inclement weather announcement.

In the case of bad weather UO parks give you a heads up. When bad weather is in the area they made constant announcements that it could interrupt the ride. Then they announce that the ride is currently operating normally.

Last edited:
I would be interested to know what you find different/lacking from the old to the new? No hate just curiosity. I like all opinions and know there are all sorts of people with experience I don't have so I want to learn.

I t just didn't feel like Hulk. I relate most of the rides to movies and this one is just difficult to piece together(the story).

I hate the on board audio. I was hoping it be similar to rockit but it just wasn't enjoyable for me.

Also don't like the new restraints since they definitely will fit bigger people.

Plenty of upside to the rebuild for average park goer and hulk lover. Myself however just didn't enjoy the new experience as I was hoping. I'm okay though. Wasn't much looking forward to this so I just wanted to check it out.

I also must say that the lockers appeared very responsive. Scanners picked up the barcode immediately and locker door immediately sprang open.

THIS!! After waiting for a very attractive looking woman to rent a locker, me playing it cool helping her scan her barcode ;), I then go to scan my pass and the locker right in front of her head swings open and hits her in the face hahaha.. :bang:

Was there yesterday and the Hulk courtyard was a mad house. Crowded with people getting in line, trying to get in line with bags and being told to use lockers, folks with backbacks trying to ask if there are more big lockers available, but best of all, the screams of people enjoying the coaster once again!

Despite the crowded madness, the park is much more alive with the kinetic energy of people riding that coaster. So glad it's back.

Here's my vid:

I did get to ride, 45 min wait in regular line. The queue looks incredible inside. They really did a good job retrofitting modern decor and effects into the existing infrastructure. But the televisions near the last ramp really need to show the CG animated Hulkification stuff, and not just the last screen before you ride, because you only have 10 secs to see that screen and the team members were having to scream to get our attention to actually get on the ride and stop watching it. 45 mins of boring instrumentation screens and then you see an interesting one it's hard not to wanna watch.

The ride is just as amazing as always. I like that the speakers for the onboard audio are in front of you. It's much less intrusive than I was expecting, thankfully, so won't take away from re-rides. I was worried if the music was too iconic (or annoying) it could me from re-riding.

I'm happy it's back.

But I'm gonna miss "I think this time, it's going to work".

I agree, I love the redesign. They could use the final video on multiple monitors located express pass merges with regular line but no further behind than that; there's only 3 different hulk experiments on repeat so it would get old. We go front row each time and we saw the 3 people cycle about 2.5-3 times when in range since the line takes longer.

I agree, audio is done subtle, nicely complements the ride, without you even thinking there is music.

I honestly couldn't hear the audio until the back half, but thats just because I was screamed my a*# off the entire first half! I LOVE THIS RIDE!

Reports of an EVAC on hulk today from the top of the launch tube. according to a passenger it 'felt like the train lost grip because of the rain' while speeding up. The busbar on the bottom hasn't changed has it?

This must've happened right after they launched us into a down pour, good thing I wear glasses or I wouldn't have been able to open my eyes!

My first ride on the refurbished Hulk coaster left me with these thoughts:
I'd say everything about the ride experience has been upgraded... except the lockers. I guess if they're going to start giving every guest a wristband upon entering the park, then the new system will be acceptable (aside from the lockers' atrociously inadequate dimensions), but for now they're completely impractical in every way. There was a team member perpetually having to help people who had locked their passes inside the lockers.
Aside from that, I loved the changes that have been made. The entrance seems much better defined; the track and queue building look great, especially at night; the queue is more ambiguous regarding the "story" but it has a much less cheesy vibe and doesn't look like something out of the 90's. The ride itself feels completely different with the lighting, lack of noise from the ride vehicles, sound effects, and musical score; they really did a good job conveying that you have 'become the hulk'. Also, I'd say the ride is now infinitely better in the dark than during the day...

Do people not keep their passes in their wallet? I get maybe a woman with a purse, but not sure why men put it in there.

I have a card holder so I take my pass with me and leave the card holder in the locker as it is metal and lots of people wear lanyards.

Do people not keep their passes in their wallet? I get maybe a woman with a purse, but not sure why men put it in there.

I usually keep mine in a lanyard (just easy to have for AP discounts and such), anyway I've had them tell me on rides such as Mummy to put the lanyard under my shirt which has gotten me into the habit of leaving the lanyard in a locker, also I imagine folks see that Hulk has inverts and figure a lanyard should go into a locker.

Wanted to give you guys a sneak peak of a gif I did before I post it on the UOAP page, enjoy!

hulk-gif-12.gif