Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 244 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Got a chance to experience the locker rental, queue (inside and out), and the ride.

Disappointed. I'm not mad at Universal and have any negative things to say. But personally, comparing what it is now to what it used to be, the older version is superior.

I won't go into details since this isn't a review thread.

However in saying that, this is now a modern coaster that will be a marvel for years to come. When seeing the upgrades in person, you totally get why Universal did it and as an overall fan of the theme park industry it is a welcomed addition.

So enjoy this new attraction. Layout is the same (although I truly believe the back changed just a bit and if it hasn't it's way less aggressive on your body) but the overall rider experience has been given life. Universal took Hulk from Tylonal to IBUPROFEN. You all have a blast!

Got a chance to experience the locker rental, queue (inside and out), and the ride.

Disappointed. I'm not mad at Universal and have any negative things to say. But personally, comparing what it is now to what it used to be, the older version is superior.

However in saying that, this is now a modern coaster that will be a marvel for years to come. When seeing the upgrades in person, you totally get why Universal did it and as an overall fan of the theme park industry it is a welcomed addition.

So enjoy this new attraction. Layout is the same (although I truly believe the back changed just a bit and if it hasn't it's way less aggressive on your body) but the overall rider experience has been given life. Universal took Hulk from Tylonal to IBUPROFEN. You all have a blast!
I would be interested to know what you find different/lacking from the old to the new? No hate just curiosity. I like all opinions and know there are all sorts of people with experience I don't have so I want to learn.

So did you not like it, or did you like it? I'm super confused

I feel like I get much more of a relaxing time using MM+ than before...

I can sorta see that point. My problem is the whole having to schedule things out months in advance. The only thing I like to schedule is meal times to try and make sure we get a good meal once a day.
I shudder at the whole booking meals six months out that has to happen.
That said, I love Express Pass. I would happily pay for something similar at a Disney Park to have unlimited access to most of the fast pass lines. I am giddy to know that Hulk has it's express open already.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I can sorta see that point. My problem is the whole having to schedule things out months in advance. The only thing I like to schedule is meal times to try and make sure we get a good meal once a day.
I shudder at the whole booking meals six months out that has to happen.
That said, I love Express Pass. I would happily pay for something similar at a Disney Park to have unlimited access to most of the fast pass lines. I am giddy to know that Hulk has it's express open already.
Well i'm a local so maybe why it's why I see it that way. I only have a 30-day window and normally only schedule day-of or day before, but normally everything is available if I try hard enough. I've even gotten FEA and SDMT day of. You just have to check back on the app every once in awhile.

Also, tip: If you have only say 3 FPs for a ride but there's 4 of you, just go for it. They WILL let you in. Just act like a dumb tourist and say you don't know why it's not working. They'll add you on and give you the green light. I've done it many times with larger groups. The CMs don't want to hold up the line for 1 person like that.

Reactions: Mike S and IzzyB
Also, tip: If you have only say 3 FPs for a ride but there's 4 of you, just go for it. They WILL let you in. Just act like a dumb tourist and say you don't know why it's not working. They'll add you on and give you the green light. I've done it many times with larger groups. The CMs don't want to hold up the line for 1 person like that.

You're a monster.

Reactions: Joel and Mike S

So you have nothing to say at all?

Was there yesterday and the Hulk courtyard was a mad house. Crowded with people getting in line, trying to get in line with bags and being told to use lockers, folks with backbacks trying to ask if there are more big lockers available, but best of all, the screams of people enjoying the coaster once again!

Despite the crowded madness, the park is much more alive with the kinetic energy of people riding that coaster. So glad it's back.

Here's my vid:

I did get to ride, 45 min wait in regular line. The queue looks incredible inside. They really did a good job retrofitting modern decor and effects into the existing infrastructure. But the televisions near the last ramp really need to show the CG animated Hulkification stuff, and not just the last screen before you ride, because you only have 10 secs to see that screen and the team members were having to scream to get our attention to actually get on the ride and stop watching it. 45 mins of boring instrumentation screens and then you see an interesting one it's hard not to wanna watch.

The ride is just as amazing as always. I like that the speakers for the onboard audio are in front of you. It's much less intrusive than I was expecting, thankfully, so won't take away from re-rides. I was worried if the music was too iconic (or annoying) it could me from re-riding.

I'm happy it's back.

But I'm gonna miss "I think this time, it's going to work".

Was there yesterday and the Hulk courtyard was a mad house. Crowded with people getting in line, trying to get in line with bags and being told to use lockers, folks with backbacks trying to ask if there are more big lockers available, but best of all, the screams of people enjoying the coaster once again!

Despite the crowded madness, the park is much more alive with the kinetic energy of people riding that coaster. So glad it's back.

Here's my vid:

I did get to ride, 45 min wait in regular line. The queue looks incredible inside. They really did a good job retrofitting modern decor and effects into the existing infrastructure. But the televisions near the last ramp really need to show the CG animated Hulkification stuff, and not just the last screen before you ride, because you only have 10 secs to see that screen and the team members were having to scream to get our attention to actually get on the ride and stop watching it. 45 mins of boring instrumentation screens and then you see an interesting one it's hard not to wanna watch.

The ride is just as amazing as always. I like that the speakers for the onboard audio are in front of you. It's much less intrusive than I was expecting, thankfully, so won't take away from re-rides. I was worried if the music was too iconic (or annoying) it could me from re-riding.

I'm happy it's back.

But I'm gonna miss "I think this time, it's going to work".

I agree, audio is done subtle, nicely complements the ride, without you even thinking there is music.

Reactions: Joel and Alicia
Reports of an EVAC on hulk today from the top of the launch tube. according to a passenger it 'felt like the train lost grip because of the rain' while speeding up. The busbar on the bottom hasn't changed has it?

Reactions: Joel
Reports of an EVAC on hulk today from the top of the launch tube. according to a passenger it 'felt like the train lost grip because of the rain' while speeding up. The busbar on the bottom hasn't changed has it?
Oh crap!! That doesn't sound good at all. After 16yrs I've never heard that one..

I heard a few rows of the wheels failed to activate during the launch sequence, activating an E Stop. I'll update the thread if I get more concrete info.

On the bright side, we now know even when it don't work it's still safe.