Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 242 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Has anyone looked up any info on the machines/company that makes them? I wonder if that might confirm this theory.

Edit: I don't know if this is the same system but it seems wristband based locker systems are fairly common.

I could actually make something quite similar to that band at work, might be worth a shot before I go so I don't have to worry about losing my ticket.

Reactions: anihilnation
Does anyone actually know more about the mention of band on the locker rental screen? When I upgraded to the plastic pass yesterday, the girl did not know about the new lockers by Hulk. (I had asked her if they were planning to put them everywhere.) Then I mentioned the lockers mentioned band, and she said that WnW has a band system for lockers now. So I am wondering now, could they eventually have it where you can get a band that has a barcode. Also, I noticed there was no mention of time limit by Hulk, is this just for temporary?

Some time back, they had one bank of these lockers in use at MiB, this was back before they rearranged the lockers there. At that time, they used wrist bands (just paper ones that you would get at an event/fair) but I could never find out where one could get a wrist band so I never got to try them.

The thing about using your park ticket, as has been brought up, what do folks who use their phone as entrance media? I think it has been suggested that having your ticket media on your phone could expand someday to pass holders, but even today, if folks are able to have their tickets on a phone, I would think they would have to come up with something.

Reactions: anihilnation
Went looking around. It was Sept 2013 when I saw the lockers being tested at MiB. I can't find the pic I had of them ( the one I had posted I had deleted from photobucket when i needed room, but here is a reply I had gotten about them back then (in the misc refurbs area here)

These are new. Currently its a limited testing phase. The wristband machine is somewhere near the front of the park near day lockers. You pay for your band up front, and you can use it at any of the locker stations that scan the wristbands. Not RFID, but barcode based.

The downside is that the wristband machines are networked and won't let you rent from more than one location at a time. Don't expect to see the leap to IoA any time soon, either.

Oh and they're ugly as sin.

I think they were called VIP lockers back then, no clue what they charged while testing, but the week I was there, they were only at MiB. I assume the comment about IOA was that the wrist bands wouldn't hold up on water rides.

Last edited:
I took a survey at the park last week that had a bunch of questions about wristbands. So i think its safe to say theyre making that change
Here's hoping it's just a simple change of putting together your park ticket, express pass, and maybe room key in one place. Then just redoing the entrances to the parks and other necessities. It doesn't need to be overly complicated for average guests :shifty:

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Omg no way! Just rode hulk again. Glass smooth! Either the issue is fixed entirely, or there were certain trains that had issues and still do maybe. On another note, Launch tunnel has no added effects unfortunately.. But there are some amazing looking spotlights added to the top of the station!

When there's no available seating in the immediate area, people will sit almost anywhere. Not that they should, but it's just a sad fact of life at this point.

People are lazy IMO. I see constant complaints about Disney getting rid of benches in the parks, as a reason to get a scooter.
I sit plenty on the rides, on the plane, in the car, waiting at the airport.

darn, I do like a theme park guests behaving badly story.
Could it have been one of the tour group issues? I have never heard them, but I have heard ABOUT them. The chanting, pushing, and general mayhem.

Hehe, I understand. :)
It did not appear to be a tour group, from what I could see.

Re: the locker system - as @anihilnation mentioned, they are indeed very responsive (better than the fingerprints because I always have trouble with fingerprints). If you have a clear pouch that you put your ticket/AP in, you don't even have to take it out to scan it, as long as the barcode is visible. Just make sure to remember what station you were at because you do have to go back to that particular station (e.g., Locker Station 9) to retrieve your items.