Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 241 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm sorry. I'm really sick of the headbanging comments. I've rode it like 10 times now and have sat in the front, middle and back. I have never once experienced anything remotely close to a head bang on this new version. What do you people ride it like a passive rag doll? It's a roller coaster! You have to ride it like it's a bad a$$ peice of machinery. Keep your head mildly pressed back into the head rest, lean a little into the turns, and anticipate the next element. I've never had any of the issues people are describing. This version is NOTICEABLY SMOOTHER, than the old version. That's a fact!

I am beginning to think it might be one of the trains. And no, its not like I am not familiar with B&M having ridden pretty much every one they've made within a 600 mile radius.

Second ride was a night ride! :drool: I may never ride this during the day again :D. The lights of the park and I drive spinning around are incredible and the entire atmosphere is unreal. The headlights on the car illuminate the track as you ride and it was the same row as my first during the day. It is OK as far as headbanging, just lean back and your ears come out without pain.

Went through express again with 35 minutes showing on the standby. It was about the same wait as standby. One odd thing is express only has a single metal detector and it was alarming for everyone. The wander was doing about every third person. I think with the new nets they are not pushing the whole metal thing as they were before. Had a group in front of me wearing hats and it was not til we were at load that they had to take them off and clip them to their belts.

All in all it was worth the trip to see this and Kong at night. I think I will be doing it again soon.

Reactions: Mad Dog and Mike S
Waited in line tonight for about an hour and 15 minutes. They posted a 50 minute wait on the wait times board and 45 minute wait at the ride entrance. Did not get to ride, unfortunately, due to technical difficulties. So close, though! At least we got to experience the queue. And a fight broke out in line. And someone set the fire alarm off. The train looks awesome at night with the headlights. Lockers worked great!

Reactions: Joel and Mike S
Waited in line tonight for about an hour and 15 minutes. They posted a 50 minute wait on the wait times board and 45 minute wait at the ride entrance. Did not get to ride, unfortunately, due to technical difficulties. So close, though! At least we got to experience the queue. And a fight broke out in line. And someone set the fire alarm off. The train looks awesome at night with the headlights. Lockers worked great!

ooh drama.. a fight in line? Did they kick the fighters out? details? Did they set the alarm off on purpose? My son set off the alarm at the airport when he was 3. It was an accident. Really, it was.

Reactions: Joel and Journey_On
ooh drama.. a fight in line? Did they kick the fighters out? details? Did they set the alarm off on purpose? My son set off the alarm at the airport when he was 3. It was an accident. Really, it was.

I couldn't see it very well from where I was standing - it was farther up in line, the next ramp up. I just saw guests getting in each others' faces, TMs running down the ramp to them, and then TMs trying to break up the fight. Eeek. Then I think I saw a guest storm up the ramp, like toward the ride load area?? Wish I had more details.

Not much details about the fire alarm incident, either. Hehe, I'm not sure if this one was an accident. We thought it was because someone tried to exit the doors that were clearly marked "Do Not Exit" (Enter? Can't quite remember). Some supervisors came around to save the day and turned it off. But later, a lot of people started exiting through those doors after hearing the announcements for a "brief delay" in ride operations (later turned to an "extended delay"), and no alarm sounded when they did. So I guess someone really did touch the fire alarm. Whoops!

Reactions: Joel and Mike S
Now that hulk is open..on to the next. I can't wait to take a seat at toothsome chocolate emporium. Craving chocolate covered bacon!!!

Now that hulk is open..on to the next. I can't wait to take a seat at toothsome chocolate emporium. Craving chocolate covered bacon!!!
Bp3qbVkCAAEHyqH.jpg

Does anyone actually know more about the mention of band on the locker rental screen? When I upgraded to the plastic pass yesterday, the girl did not know about the new lockers by Hulk. (I had asked her if they were planning to put them everywhere.) Then I mentioned the lockers mentioned band, and she said that WnW has a band system for lockers now. So I am wondering now, could they eventually have it where you can get a band that has a barcode. Also, I noticed there was no mention of time limit by Hulk, is this just for temporary?

I couldn't see it very well from where I was standing - it was farther up in line, the next ramp up. I just saw guests getting in each others' faces, TMs running down the ramp to them, and then TMs trying to break up the fight. Eeek. Then I think I saw a guest storm up the ramp, like toward the ride load area?? Wish I had more details.

Not much details about the fire alarm incident, either. Hehe, I'm not sure if this one was an accident. We thought it was because someone tried to exit the doors that were clearly marked "Do Not Exit" (Enter? Can't quite remember). Some supervisors came around to save the day and turned it off. But later, a lot of people started exiting through those doors after hearing the announcements for a "brief delay" in ride operations (later turned to an "extended delay"), and no alarm sounded when they did. So I guess someone really did touch the fire alarm. Whoops!

darn, I do like a theme park guests behaving badly story.
Could it have been one of the tour group issues? I have never heard them, but I have heard ABOUT them. The chanting, pushing, and general mayhem.

Does anyone actually know more about the mention of band on the locker rental screen? When I upgraded to the plastic pass yesterday, the girl did not know about the new lockers by Hulk. (I had asked her if they were planning to put them everywhere.) Then I mentioned the lockers mentioned band, and she said that WnW has a band system for lockers now. So I am wondering now, could they eventually have it where you can get a band that has a barcode. Also, I noticed there was no mention of time limit by Hulk, is this just for temporary?

Two theories occurred to me regarding this:

1) This locker system is likely in use at other parks or attractions that use wristbands and the terminology accidentally got copied.

2) There are plans in place for changes to a wristband ticket system and they just accidentally jumped the gun.

In discussing this with my friends and coworkers, we actually agreed that the second scenario might actually be more likely, we kind of figure that it's less likely that Creative would have approved the wristband term if they were merely graphics being copied from another park.

1) This locker system is likely in use at other parks or attractions that use wristbands and the terminology accidentally got copied.
Has anyone looked up any info on the machines/company that makes them? I wonder if that might confirm this theory.

Edit: I don't know if this is the same system but it seems wristband based locker systems are fairly common.

Last edited:
Interesting that the attendants are Universal staff not outsourced. Looks like they will bring lockers inhouse now. They could scan anything you can hold up to the window with this system.

For those wanting to copy the bar code and use paper, if you go express there is a scanner station in the queue (like HHN express) so they might not take it there. Better to have your real pass me thinks

For those wanting to copy the bar code and use paper, if you go express there is a scanner station in the queue (like HHN express) so they might not take it there. Better to have your real pass me thinks
Yeah I wouldn't mess with using a copy for anything actually relating to the actual ticket as it will probably raise suspicions of fraud. I wonder though if the barcode actually has to be a ticket. I know of other systems like this that aren't connected and will simply register any barcode. It could be you just need to present the same barcode you used to get the locker.

Reactions: JoeCamel