Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 240 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
After finally being able to hear the video before loading, I have to say it's not as disappointing as I thought. The storyline is basic but it does fit for what the attraction is as a whole. And that tunnel looks radioactive as hell!!

I'm sorry. I'm really sick of the headbanging comments. I've rode it like 10 times now and have sat in the front, middle and back. I have never once experienced anything remotely close to a head bang on this new version. What do you people ride it like a passive rag doll? It's a roller coaster! You have to ride it like it's a bad a$$ peice of machinery. Keep your head mildly pressed back into the head rest, lean a little into the turns, and anticipate the next element. I've never had any of the issues people are describing. This version is NOTICEABLY SMOOTHER, than the old version. That's a fact!

Very much hoping that this means they fixed whatever the issue was! Though to be clear, the issue I felt was not a headbanging as much as a jackhammering sort of effect.

Reactions: Joel
I'm sorry. I'm really sick of the headbanging comments. I've rode it like 10 times now and have sat in the front, middle and back. I have never once experienced anything remotely close to a head bang on this new version. What do you people ride it like a passive rag doll? It's a roller coaster! You have to ride it like it's a bad a$$ peice of machinery. Keep your head mildly pressed back into the head rest, lean a little into the turns, and anticipate the next element. I've never had any of the issues people are describing. This version is NOTICEABLY SMOOTHER, than the old version. That's a fact!

Not to mention this ride wasn't even that rough before the refurb. If you've ridden a vekoma SLC, the headbanging on Hulk was not bad at all. It was tolerable. I even found Rip Ride Rockit to be rough, and that ride is far newer. I haven't ridden the new version, but I don't think this it could be any worse than the original Hulk, which wasn't even that bad. It was a much needed refurb, so i don't get the complaining.

Reactions: Joel

This has to be one of the best posts I have seen in a long time... thank you.

^^^^For the record, I had no problems with roughness for the old hulk! Even the last operating summer. It was an ocassional jerky spot here and there, rather than the distracting shaking through the whole course I experienced.

Just got off. I rode in 2 left side and I can understand the headbanging. If you don't push back on the rest you will bang but with your head back it is a fun ride. Not the smoothest I have ever ridden but I am going back for a night ride in a few. Speakers will not last long the covers will break from feet. Express is open and I hit on the tail end of rain so I had 10 minutes in the queue. It is mildly interesting, should have more screens though. AC barely works, they need to crank that sucker up like it is a nuclear gamma blasting bad boy Ala MiB

Reactions: Joel and Mike S
^^^^For the record, I had no problems with roughness for the old hulk! Even the last operating summer. It was an ocassional jerky spot here and there, rather than the distracting shaking through the whole course I experienced.
That usually happens when your seat is over a bad or uneven wheel.

Reactions: Mike S
Not to mention this ride wasn't even that rough before the refurb. If you've ridden a vekoma SLC, the headbanging on Hulk was not bad at all. It was tolerable. I even found Rip Ride Rockit to be rough, and that ride is far newer. I haven't ridden the new version, but I don't think this it could be any worse than the original Hulk, which wasn't even that bad. It was a much needed refurb, so i don't get the complaining.

It doesn't help this has OSTRs which allows for head banging, while RRR is just lap bars.

Wow, how condescending.