T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
No doubt its popular with the general public, but not much with the hardcore HHN fans who post on these HHN threads. They generally detest it.

As with anything, it's the gen pop that pays you, not the hardcore fans, who make up a loud but tiny percentage of the base.

Reactions: Mad Dog
As with anything, it's the gen pop that pays you, not the hardcore fans, who make up a loud but tiny percentage of the base.
So true. Same goes for adapting books and comics into movies. There aren't enough fans of the source material to make a dent in the box office returns. You have to make the movie to appeal to the movie going public.

Reactions: RevFreako
Discussion largely started because T2 was left out of a future map. I have not seen or heard anything that suggests that Universal is in a hurry to get rid of this attraction. To the contrary, they have updated the pre-show video. Unless they really want to put The Walking Dead in this building, I think this attraction is safe for a while.

Discussion largely started because T2 was left out of a future map. I have not seen or heard anything that suggests that Universal is in a hurry to get rid of this attraction. To the contrary, they have updated the pre-show video. Unless they really want to put The Walking Dead in this building, I think this attraction is safe for a while.
Do maps really hold any weight on what is staying and going? Maybe it was just an oversight or they just didn't include it for unrelated reasons. KidZone is still on there and that will be getting the ax in a few years.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Did Terminator refilm some scenes in the pre-show about Skynet? It's seems a lil' bit updated since I last rode it about 2 years ago. Like I only could pinpoint one really out to date bit which was someone talking to their friend or mom on what looks like an Ipad, i can't remember entirely, but that was the only one. Everything else seemed outrageous enough to pass for the future, and the people in it all looked like they were up-to-date fashion-wise. No one looked like they came out of 2002. I could just be overthinking or seeing things tho

Edit: i just reviewed the comment quoted above me that answered my question. Sorry for being messy. :look:

Last edited:
I don't believe it means anything being left off the map. Does the house still fill up? I never saw it spotty or few people... the seats were filled.

On the other hand, the wildcard for me is SLOP. I have never known it's intended destination in Orlando. AND, I am not convinced UC has decided where it is going over the past 10 months.

Last edited:
Did Terminator refilm some scenes in the pre-show about Skynet? It's seems a lil' bit updated since I last rode it about 2 years ago. Like I only could pinpoint one really out to date bit which was someone talking to their friend or mom on what looks like an Ipad, i can't remember entirely, but that was the only one. Everything else seemed outrageous enough to pass for the future, and the people in it all looked like they were up-to-date fashion-wise. No one looked like they came out of 2002. I could just be overthinking or seeing things tho

Edit: i just reviewed the comment quoted above me that answered my question. Sorry for being messy. :look:
Yes, it was updated. The part that most people seem to notice is the basketball player replaced by a soccer goalie.

I don't believe it means anything being left off the map. Does the house still fill up? I never saw it spotty or few people... the seats were filled.

On the other hand, the wildcard for me is SLOP. I have never known it's intended destination in Orlando. AND, I am not convinced UC has decided where it is going over the past 10 months.
The show has been full everytime I have gone...Everyone still knows the name

I hope SLOP takes up Shrek or an open plot if it is really coming to Studios...T2 is a people eater, time eater, and a very unique show (when everything is working)

Reactions: martymcflyy85
T2 is back on the latest resort map, FWIW.

I rode this for the first time in 10 years and the 3D is in dire need of an upgrade. Or at at least recalibration because at this point pretty much everything 3D is blurry and phased out.
Definitely agree with you there. The 3D is pretty sad. Only 3D image that works well are those digitally generated mini hover guns. And even those come across as pretty fake in the film.

Definitely agree with you there. The 3D is pretty sad. Only 3D image that works well are those digitally generated mini hover guns. And even those come across as pretty fake in the film.

If they changed it to the type of 3D they're using everywhere else in the park now, would that help T2? Or is it about improving the quality of the film or some other kind of effects that are in play for the 3D? Or is it past the point of saving at this point?

If they changed it to the type of 3D they're using everywhere else in the park now, would that help T2? Or is it about improving the quality of the film or some other kind of effects that are in play for the 3D? Or is it past the point of saving at this point?
We are talking a film over 20 years old. I'm not sure the quality of the film is good enough to allow for better 3D.

Yeah, I have a feeling if the 3D were to be upgraded it would mean changing the film out entirely. Of course, if they could keep the current set of effects and the really awesome feeling that drop finale provides, it'd be fine by me!

Reactions: Galaxy Defender
From what I hear the company that usually did the reprints of the 70mm film rolls has stopped printing on film so they had to find another company to replace the film. The first couple batches with the new film wasn't properly aligned during the printing process which has caused the film quality issues we are now seeing. The plan all along has been to upgrade to digital. From what I've heard they have already set aside the older FJ projectors for this upgrade.