T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Smaller.

I'd say give it a year in it's current state. I'm expecting this and Simpsons to be some of the first things to get retrofitted with new Christie projectors.
Wish they'd update with lasers. I haven't seen it in person, but I understand those new projectors put film to shame

Reactions: Joel
Digital cameras put film to shame unless we are talking an 8"X10" negative and I am not sure they even make cameras that take such a large neg anymore.
I was referring to motion pictures, though. Unless you're filming in 70mm, laser projection has caught up with 35mm motion picture film. And they even have a 70mm digital version now (being used on Rogue One .... with Ultra Panavision lenses for some odd reason). In fact, the contrast is better than film because the black is totally black. But very very few theaters have them so the projection is inferior to film.

Most projectors can be adjusted for distance that way. In most cases it's just a case of changing to a higher powered bulb.
This is false. You can not put a higher powered bulb in a projector. It does not work that way. Projectors have a fixed light (Lumen) output. Usually this declines as the bulb ages so it would be brighter with a new bulb but never beyond the rating of the projector. To have a higher light output one would have to upgrade the internals of the projector which I have only very rarely heard is possible on select higher end projectors and even then you probably aren't getting a whole lot more light.

Also some projectors such as the case of the ones used in FJ have short throw lenses being that they fill a large screen while not being far away. They are usually not adjustable at all or very minimally adjustable. You would need a whole new lens if the projector supports swapping it out.

This is false. You can not put a higher powered bulb in a projector. It does not work that way. Projectors have a fixed light (Lumen) output. Usually this declines as the bulb ages so it would be brighter with a new bulb but never beyond the rating of the projector. To have a higher light output one would have to upgrade the internals of the projector which I have only very rarely heard is possible on select higher end projectors and even then you probably aren't getting a whole lot more light.

Also some projectors such as the case of the ones used in FJ have short throw lenses being that they fill a large screen while not being far away. They are usually not adjustable at all or very minimally adjustable. You would need a whole new lens if the projector supports swapping it out.
The projectors at the end of Forbidden Journey are for very large screens from a distance.