Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Passholder Appreciation Month

Jun 21, 2016
As most everyone knows, pass holder appreciation is from August 19-September 30th this year. Last year I did the $34 Blue Man Group Tickets, which was a great deal. This year; however, I am planning on doing the buy one get one 50% off Dining plan.

I am staying 4 nights at Sapphire falls and just planning on 3 days in the parks- but my wife and I (and 2 daughters- 6 an 2) are light eaters. So I want to end up with 4 adult plans (2 full price, 2 half) and 6 kids plans (3 full price, 3 half) over the 3 days leaving me with:

-4 Adult Meals
-6 Kids Meals
-10 Snacks
-10 Additional Drinks
For $129 + tax. Heck- Half of that will be in Butterbeer alone (10 x $6.50) along with my drinks from Leaky Cauldron and 3 Broomsticks.

Normally, I wouldn't get a Uni dining plan, but with this promo- I will save a decent chunk of money and get more drinks than I normally would have.

I have two questions:
1) I know I can purchase the dining plans at my on-site hotel, but can I do the AP promotion there? Did anyone do this last year?
2) How do the credits work? I know each meal plan gets it's own card which means I'll have 10 cards to sort through- yay. But can I use them throughout the length of my stay? Say I only use one meal and a drink but not the snack- can I use the snack the next day? Just want to make sure they are "bankable".

Thanks in advance!

Small note: September is the best month. $33 Orlando Magical Dining. Cheapest hotel rates. Discounted Food plan and Blue Man Group tix. HHN starts. Can't beat it!

@Andysol

†††Offer is available to Universal Orlando Annual Passholders from August 19 – September 30, 2016. Offer valid for in-park purchase(s) only when purchasing a Universal Dining Plan – Quick Service with presentation of a valid Annual Pass. Purchase at all Quick Service in-park locations. Limit two (2) offer redemptions per day [two full-price Dining Plan Combo(s) and two ½ price Dining Plan Combo(s)]. Discount will apply to Dining Plan Combo of equal or lesser value. If purchasing two (2) Dining Plan Combo(s), both Dining Plan Combo(s) must be purchased and used on the same day during normal theme park operating hours. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion, discount or prior purchase.

Purchase at all Quick Service in-park locations
Limit two (2) offer redemptions per day [two full-price Dining Plan Combo(s) and two ½ price Dining Plan Combo(s)]. Discount will apply to Dining Plan Combo of equal or lesser value. If purchasing two (2) Dining Plan Combo(s), both Dining Plan Combo(s) must be purchased and used on the same day during normal theme park operating hours. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion, discount or prior purchase.
Thanks Joe- clearly reading is a tough trait for me :/
I can only assume that is "per passholder". As there are 3 ticket holders- I'd think we would be able to get 6 in one day if we wanted? (We would only need 4- 2 adults and 2 kids- but just checking). My wife could just be in line right after me I guess.

Thanks Joe- clearly reading is a tough trait for me :/
I can only assume that is "per passholder". As there are 3 ticket holders- I'd think we would be able to get 6 in one day if we wanted? (We would only need 4- 2 adults and 2 kids- but just checking). My wife could just be in line right after me I guess.

Yeah, that is the way I read it. Each pass is entitled to two deals per day so I would split it up as you say.

Does anybody have a list of the perks for this month? I am technically a pass holder but I am not activating my pass until this weekend so I haven't gotten any of the emails or anything
Thanks!

Sounds like they tweaked the meal offer this year. I didn't read the rules last year, but we were told you could buy as many as you wanted and they didn't expire (or maybe they were good for a year).

I figured I would just loose the cards if I bought a bunch and not like I had room in the budget bot pre buy a lot, so we just got what we needed, but I do recall buying three days worth at one time and using them on different days.

Maybe folks took too advantage of it so they changed the rules this year...

Sounds like they tweaked the meal offer this year. I didn't read the rules last year, but we were told you could buy as many as you wanted and they didn't expire (or maybe they were good for a year).

I figured I would just loose the cards if I bought a bunch and not like I had room in the budget bot pre buy a lot, so we just got what we needed, but I do recall buying three days worth at one time and using them on different days.

I'll report back after Labor Day weekend and let everyone know. If anyone gets it beforehand, please share.

• Early Park Admission one hour prior to park opening Monday – Friday throughout September, including Labor Day. Not valid on weekends.
  • Buy one Quick Service Universal Dining Plan and get 50% off on a second plan.
  • Receive a free digital photograph with either the Velociraptor at Jurassic Park or a ride photo at MEN IN BLACK: Alien Attack. Passholders who are a member of Universal’s Photo Connect service will receive a free 5×7 print.
  • Receive a special rate on a Family Suite at Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort. $104 weekday/$124 weekend per night from 9/7 – 10/1 or $109 weekday/$129 weekend per night from 9/1 – 9/6.
  • Attend the Wantilan Luau at Loews Royal Pacific Resort for the special ticket price of $38.88 per adult, $21.30 per child each Saturday during the month of September. You will also receive VIP seating for the show as well as an AP dedicated pre-event from 5:00 pm – 5:45 pm that will include a welcome drink, hot and cold appetizers, hula dancer and ukulele player for photos and private performance.
  • Receive 25% off all services at Mandara Spa, including a choice of a complimentary Mandara Spa Shea and Coconut Hand Butter or Citrus and Coconut Foot Butter, and a complimentary glass of champagne.
  • Receive discounted Blue Man Group show tickets for $34 plus tax.
  • Save $1.75 off movie tickets at AMC Universal Cineplex 20 with IMAX.
  • Receive 20% discount at Hollywood Drive-in Golf.
  • Receive a free CityWalk Party Pass for you and one guest.
  • Receive free admission to Wet ‘n Wild on Tuesday, September 8, 2015 between 12:00 pm and 5:00 pm.
  • On weekdays beginning Wednesday, September 9 through Friday, September 25 both adults and children can enter Wet ‘n Wild for $19.99.
Thanks!!!!!!!1:cheers:

I was considering the Wantilan Luau last year, but couldn't fit it in with HHN and all. Seems I read some good reviews on this and AP holders were treated very well. I may have to make time to take my wife next month. Anyone here have an opinion?

I was considering the Wantilan Luau last year, but couldn't fit it in with HHN and all. Seems I read some good reviews on this and AP holders were treated very well. I may have to make time to take my wife next month. Anyone here have an opinion?

I haven't tried it but I hear good things, the free drink for the APs plus appys before the luau caught my eye.

• Early Park Admission one hour prior to park opening Monday – Friday throughout September, including Labor Day. Not valid on weekends.
  • Receive a free digital photograph with either the Velociraptor at Jurassic Park or a ride photo at MEN IN BLACK: Alien Attack. Passholders who are a member of Universal’s Photo Connect service will receive a free 5×7 print.
  • Receive a special rate on a Family Suite at Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort. $104 weekday/$124 weekend per night from 9/7 – 10/1 or $109 weekday/$129 weekend per night from 9/1 – 9/6.
  • Attend the Wantilan Luau at Loews Royal Pacific Resort for the special ticket price of $38.88 per adult, $21.30 per child each Saturday during the month of September. You will also receive VIP seating for the show as well as an AP dedicated pre-event from 5:00 pm – 5:45 pm that will include a welcome drink, hot and cold appetizers, hula dancer and ukulele player for photos and private performance.
  • Receive 25% off all services at Mandara Spa, including a choice of a complimentary Mandara Spa Shea and Coconut Hand Butter or Citrus and Coconut Foot Butter, and a complimentary glass of champagne.
  • Receive free admission to Wet ‘n Wild on Tuesday, September 8, 2015 between 12:00 pm and 5:00 pm.
  • On weekdays beginning Wednesday, September 9 through Friday, September 25 both adults and children can enter Wet ‘n Wild for $19.99.
^ This is last years list. This is the current years list: Annual Pass Benefits Page

Just wondering, why did you find this list? I couldn't find the Early Admission on the website or my AP mailer.

Edit: Ah, I see that's because it's last year's list :bonk:

Don't forget about free WnW for pass holders Tuesday, September 6th from 12-5. Details on the pass holder page.

Annual Pass Benefits Page
wet-n-wild-1170x731-jpg.jpg

@Andysol

†††Offer is available to Universal Orlando Annual Passholders from August 19 – September 30, 2016. Offer valid for in-park purchase(s) only when purchasing a Universal Dining Plan – Quick Service with presentation of a valid Annual Pass. Purchase at all Quick Service in-park locations. Limit two (2) offer redemptions per day [two full-price Dining Plan Combo(s) and two ½ price Dining Plan Combo(s)]. Discount will apply to Dining Plan Combo of equal or lesser value. If purchasing two (2) Dining Plan Combo(s), both Dining Plan Combo(s) must be purchased and used on the same day during normal theme park operating hours. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion, discount or prior purchase.

Although the official rules say they must be used on the same day- I have confirmation they do not. Both from someone who has been there as well as a UOR employee. So you can still buy them all at once from the hotel (which will save me time).

Although the official rules say they must be used on the same day- I have confirmation they do not. Both from someone who has been there as well as a UOR employee. So you can still buy them all at once from the hotel (which will save me time).

I can confirm this as well. We bought two and only used the meal credit the first day. The snack and drink credits worked fine 7 days later.