Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 85 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I was just thinking about it today and with the lack of Holiday offereings at pretty much every park except MK this year AND the lack of nighttime entertainment, the really better hope that RoL gets up by November. They're gonna need it.
Good point. Where will all of those DHS Christmas SOA people go. DHS will be eeerily empty for Christmas season.............It's going to get really tight on the MK hub.

Good point. Where will all of those DHS Christmas SOA people go. DHS will be eeerily empty for Christmas season.............It's going to get really tight on the MK hub.
I've heard rumblings that Disney Springs may get some sort of light display in Town Center of late, but i'll believe it when I see it.

Oh, and i'm pretty sure this has yet to make it over here so figured i'd post it. Here's a concept drawing done by @Marni1971 which is fairly detailed and gives a good idea of what this side of the park will look like once TSL and SWL open. Notice where SWL ends and the SOA facades that he shows still standing:

dhsconcept_zps4a7i9saq.jpeg
Easiest to follow rendering I've seen yet. Great job by Marni....You'd think Disney would have done something like this already.

Reactions: Nick
Oh, and i'm pretty sure this has yet to make it over here so figured i'd post it. Here's a concept drawing done by @Marni1971 which is fairly detailed and gives a good idea of what this side of the park will look like once TSL and SWL open. Notice where SWL ends and the SOA facades that he shows still standing:

dhsconcept_zps4a7i9saq.jpeg

I know this has been discussed but for the life of me I can't remember.

Is Star Tours staying and if it is, won't the Muppets area bit in the middle of the Star Wars lands?

I know this has been discussed but for the life of me I can't remember.

Is Star Tours staying and if it is, won't the Muppets area bit in the middle of the Star Wars lands?
Rumors have it that ST will be staying until the land opens, but then closing for a retheme to something else. Supposedly they've already been discussing possible overlays.

There is an expansion plot in SWL down where Martin signed his name. I would be very surprised if they don't expand in that spot within a few years of opening.

Rumors have it that ST will be staying until the land opens, but then closing for a retheme to something else. Supposedly they've already been discussing possible overlays.

There is an expansion plot in SWL down where Martin signed his name. I would be very surprised if they don't expand in that spot within a few years of opening.

I have heard the same ST stays until SWL completes then it shuts down for a complete retheme.

Looks like a good sized land...excited to see it..

Curious what ST would be rethemed too...Wouldn't mind seeing them do something with Indiana Jones
As much as I want an IJ ride at DHS, i'd much rather an original ride for that IP than use a 90's simulator. Throw something like Wall-E or BH6 in there. Something that deserves a theme park presence, but not a huge one.

Reactions: Scott W.
One thing that I really like out of this project, like TSL or not, is that the TSMM entrance is switching sides. To me, having that entrance right in such a narrow area between the giant GMR Show Building and the soundstages on the other side was just awkward.

While TSL may not interest most here, it will at least be a much more open path (to get to SWL :lol: )

I haven't paid a ton of attention to TSL, but that's awesome news about the Mania entrance. That part of the studios is one of my least favorite parts of WDW to be in.

Tower is running FP only right now with a 40 min wait. I think the left shaft is down. This park really needs help.

Edit- they are cycling left shafts empty...

Last edited:
Tower is running FP only right now with a 40 min wait. I think the left shaft is down. This park really needs help.

Edit- they are cycling left shafts empty...
They were having a problem with one of the shafts early last year, accounting for long lines for a few months. If that's a occurrence of the same issues, it may foretell problems for a while.

This park is so obviously being skipped by an enormous amount of people just by looking at wait times. With only 5 rides, you'd think the wait times for the rides would be pretty high, but they are actually among the most reasonable at WDW lately. I check the wait times on the app fairly often during the week and i've noticed no waits have been going past 50 mins in the park. TSMM is the top out at 50 with everything else in the 20-40 range, sometimes less.

Reactions: Mad Dog
This park is so obviously being skipped by an enormous amount of people just by looking at wait times. With only 5 rides, you'd think the wait times for the rides would be pretty high, but they are actually among the most reasonable at WDW lately. I check the wait times on the app fairly often during the week and i've noticed no waits have been going past 50 mins in the park. TSMM is the top out at 50 with everything else in the 20-40 range, sometimes less.

I'd say AK is in even worse condition currently.