Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 600 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
AjkgBmH.jpg

Yeah, I know. I'm asking people who are there in person. She's getting her info from people that she knows and are there.

Also, lol that Uni actually has a 3D category in the app.

Reactions: Journey_On
Yeah, I know. I'm asking people who are there in person. She's getting her info from people that she knows and are there.

Also, lol that Uni actually has a 3D category in the app.

The periscopes I saw looked moderate to busy but no reports from the rides today except for the first thing when Kong was a walkon and when he came out it was 80 minutes. I think everyone was in line for Kong most of the day.

Reactions: Mike S
What is the capacity sitting at for Kong just now? I thought this was going to devour crowds.
One of the forum posters on this thread, or the other Kong thread, worked through a time analysis and said it would be around 1900 plus an hour if 4 vehicles were running. I forget what it was for three, but it was still fairly high. Five vehicles only kicked it up to apx. 2100 due to staggered waits, so the fifth didn't help much. That, of course, was not an official tabulation from Universal.

One of the forum posters on this thread, or the other Kong thread, worked through a time analysis and said it would be around 1900 plus an hour if 4 vehicles were running. I forget what it was for three, but it was still fairly high. Five vehicles only kicked it up to apx. 2100 due to staggered waits, so the fifth didn't help much. That, of course, was not an official tabulation from Universal.
Five RVs can't run on the main track at one time anyways.

Reactions: Mike S and Teebin
One of @Skubersky's videos he posted recently was an interview and the guy said that max capacity is 4 vehicles dispatching at 122 seconds. That's a theoretical of 2124. In reality with people being slow and whatnot I bet its more realistic of like 135s dispatches for around ~1900 an hour.

Breaking down the math more, thats an 8:08 cycle for the vehicles and with the ride clocking around 6:15 which only leave 113 seconds at load and unload. Someone here gave a required time for the vehicles to charge but I forget the exact number.

Last edited:
Broke down three times last night at 7pm finally got on at 8.20 and it skipped outside part and we sat front row in middle which has e to be some of the worst seats, to say wife wasn't impressed is an understatement!

That makes total sense because both times that I rode it, we went right and ended up near the back. This could be why I think the ride is amazing while others have a lesser opinion. Could be that where you sit matters on this ride more than any other.

Reactions: Mike S and JoeCamel
Front row on Kong is utterly abysmal. You're essentially staring at a wall for entire ride, unless you constantly turn your head to see to the side and behind. Having ridden in row 1 myself, I'm surprised it even passed whatever quality control/guest experience/etc standards they use for their rides.

There were numerous OU posters on both Kong threads that gave the "go right" tip early on. Good ride info is available if readers keep up with the threads. It helps to avoid bad experiences. :)
When I first posted that going right was the most important thing I learned, I should have clarified it was the most important thing I learned reading this thread.