Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Magic Kingdom (General Discussion)

Aug 15, 2014
--Classified--
Because not every minor refurbishment of a rock or street show needs its own thread.

To start off, the rock formations as you enter Tomorrowland have a new metallic silver, blue, and purple.
IMG_2654-1.jpg

Personally, I think Tomorrowland shouldn't have rocks at all, but I do like these metallic ones better than the wild west looking ones that were before.

Geeez, I saw the metallic rocks thing going by in posts and thought you people were just goofing around with ideas. I didn't realize they actually painted the rocks in such a fashion. I'm not sure what to think. It certainly is a departure! :stun:

Geeez, I saw the metallic rocks thing going by in posts and thought you people were just goofing around with ideas. I didn't realize they actually painted the rocks in such a fashion. I'm not sure what to think. It certainly is a departure! :stun:
They've been painting Tomorrowland little by little over the past year (Peoplemover/Astro Orbitor, Carousel of Pregress and now the rocks). I appreciate them trying to do something to give this land any sort of life to it, but besides the CoP paint job, it's mostly just a jumbled mess of colors.

I think most will agree that WDW did the entrance better in 1971:
524067715_8c0ef4d1a3.jpg

And Tokyo DL does it best now:
tokyo-disneyland-tomorrow-land.jpg

Because not every minor refurbishment of a rock or street show needs its own thread.

To start off, the rock formations as you enter Tomorrowland have a new metallic silver, blue, and purple.
IMG_2654-1.jpg

Attachments

• tumblr_lgedv2Vtt21qf4x93o1_40020110725-22047-38imqt.jpg
    tumblr_lgedv2Vtt21qf4x93o1_40020110725-22047-38imqt.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 22
It was one of those things where it looked dated (at the time) but now would be retro cool if they had just left it a bit longer. It's also interesting to see where the budget ran out for the rehab in the back of TL where it's still the old white version of the future near Space Mountain versus the steel side in the "front".

Thank goodness they never redid the Contemporary like they planned...

Why did they ever get rid o the pylons/waterfalls? That's actually a blindspot in my history. It looks really cool.
Number of reasons ... the waterfalls often broke down, the tiles always seemed to get moldy, when there was a brisk wind the water would spray people.... in the end it was just easier to get rid of them

Look for the security screening of guests to move from the MK plaza to TTC either in November or December.
This would the smartest decision they've made in a while. I assume a separate security screening will remain by MK for buses and walking guests from Contemporary. I only wonder how hotel guests taking the monorail will be screened. Those platforms don't have much space for a screening area.

Look for the security screening of guests to move from the MK plaza to TTC either in November or December.
They've filed permits for changes all other park entrances, too. And screening at the resort hotels that are on the monorail line.

They've filed permits for changes all other park entrances, too. And screening at the resort hotels that are on the monorail line.

My guess is this is moving towards everyone walking thru metal detectors. Right now they don't have the room at MK where pushing it to the hotels and the TTC will allow them more room.