Guardians of the Galaxy Disney Attraction? | Page 62 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy Disney Attraction?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah easy aint the word but as objective non Potter fans can enjoy Wizarding World, same will be said for Pandora...over time ;)

Disney didn't think Everest got the ROI it needed to justify building more original rides, so yeah, no. On the outside it'll be "wow greatest success ever" but on the inside...

Reactions: Mad Dog and Mike S
At this time I don't think it is possible for WDW to build a single attraction that would boost overall attendance by much. Full lands will boost attendance but likely not by enough to justify the costs in the eyes of the accountants. Star Wars is likely the only exception to this.

Reactions: Mad Dog
At this time I don't think it is possible for WDW to build a single attraction that would boost overall attendance by much. Full lands will boost attendance but likely not by enough to justify the costs in the eyes of the accountants. Star Wars is likely the only exception to this.
IDK
NFL moved the needle some for sure, jumping 6% for a solid addition, nothing like Avatar or Star Wars will bring to the table

IDK
NFL moved the needle some for sure, jumping 6% for a solid addition, nothing like Avatar or Star Wars will bring to the table
NFL was a 425 million dollar expansion designed to increase the capacity/restore capacity of the park. If they didn't need the extra capacity I can't see them willing to spend that much for a 6% attendance gain. Avatar won't make them an extra 1b.

My feeling is Universal expands because it wants to while WDW expands only when it has to or is forced to.

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
While I still think Star Wars will do very well, the long time lag until it's completed may bring into question if that will reach Potter type levels. And while Avatar looks impressive, I would seriously doubt it will pull a total attendance increase as strong as New Fantasyland. NFL had much stronger IP's, plus they were IP's WDW's demographics are attracted to. Avatar has no real fan base.

While I still think Star Wars will do very well, the long time lag until it's completed may bring into question if that will reach Potter type levels. And while Avatar looks impressive, I would seriously doubt it will pull a total attendance increase as strong as New Fantasyland. NFL had much stronger IP's, plus they were IP's WDW's demographics are attracted to. Avatar has no real fan base.
it will pull cars land type crowds easily

EDIT: Sorry for the thread drift

Last edited:
it will pull cars land type crowds easily
Maybe for AK, but not for the total resort. That will be even less people that will go to the fast happening DHS ghost town. They'll go to AK once or twice on a vacation and skip DHS.....Plus, there is really no buzz out there for this expansion. Disney marketing does wonders, but they can't make a HP draw out of a no fan base IP.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne