Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 26: Ticket, RIP Tours, and Pass Information

Hey all!

I will have passes for Universal day (island hopper) AND the separate ones for HHN ... each year I always have issues with my passes getting a bit wet and beat up. Does anyone know if it's okay if I put them in a lamination pocket? The scan bar is still visible. I still have my HHN pass from last year, and I don't see any "no! don't do this" warnings ... but I also don't want to risk laminating $1,000 worth of tickets to have them rejected.

One of the things I hate is the tickets --- at these prices can't they do arm bands like Disney, or something more substantial? Or figure out how to have one pass for both Universal and HHN for the people that do both?

I've tried lanyards in the past, but water has still seeped in on the water rides.

You'll be fine, just don't use hot lamination, as it will turn your pass black.

They seem to be introducing tickets into the app, so hopefully this will apply to HHN and passholders in future years.

This is interesting. As far as I can recall the AP thing has never stopped allowing RSVP's. I've always assumed it was completely unlimited they just use the number to know what to expect. Maybe there is a possibility they put a tighter limit on it this year?
FullSizeRender30.jpg

Last edited:
Any word on what the am and pm unmasking tours were? We're looking to book ours, and are trying to decide which half to go for.

Yes yes, I know there's no guarantee they'll stay the same, but they typically do unless something needs fixed on a house.

Any word on what the am and pm unmasking tours were? We're looking to book ours, and are trying to decide which half to go for.

Yes yes, I know there's no guarantee they'll stay the same, but they typically do unless something needs fixed on a house.

It seems my friend that got to do it today got to tour Exorcist, Krampus, Ghost Town, Texas Chainsaw, Halloween, and American Horror Story.

Someone on hnn said the morning was AHS, Exorcistband Ghost Town.

From what I'm hearing so far (here included), it sounds like...

-AM: Exorcist, AHS, Ghost Town

-PM: Chainsaw, Krampus, Halloween

A good mix in my opinion. Let's keep track the next few days to see if it changes

I did Unmasking today and had Texas Chainsaw, Halloween and Krampus in the morning, and American Horror Story, Exorcist and Ghost Town in the afternoon. They're skipping Walking Dead since almost everything has been seen before, and Tomb of the Ancients because the design of the house makes a tour group walkthrough nearly impossible, according to my guide. No word on why we skipped Chance.

So from those that have done the UTH tour, if you could only do one which would it be? AHS and Ghost Town sound really good, but I would love to see Krampus. Not sure how much there would be to see in Halloween but TCM could be kinda cool too.

Could I do the Scareactor Dining one day without doing HHN? They're not offering it the night my Premier Pass is valid so wondering if I can go the day before and do it before the park closes for day guests.

So from those that have done the UTH tour, if you could only do one which would it be? AHS and Ghost Town sound really good, but I would love to see Krampus. Not sure how much there would be to see in Halloween but TCM could be kinda cool too.

Krampus is part of the tour, but it's part of the right side tour (Halloween, TCM). Sound Stages do AHS, Exorcist, and Ghost Town. It alternates so you'll never whether the AM or PM tour will be the set you want.

However, they are not touring TWD. Our guide said it's been featured for 5 years now and understand a lot of the UTH fans have probably seen it before. Now that's not to say that something may force them on a specific day and they'll add it (media stuff, house down, fixed...etc) but the chances are very, highly unlikely.

I'd love to see Tomb but due to the tight spaces... they are not offering it up.

Could I do the Scareactor Dining one day without doing HHN? They're not offering it the night my Premier Pass is valid so wondering if I can go the day before and do it before the park closes for day guests.

You need an HHN ticket.

I have a question for anyone who might know. My wife and I are heading down to Uni tomorrow for a long weekend at HHN. My parents are gonna come down to do HHN Friday and a day at the parks Saturday. I rsvp'd for the annual pass holder entry on Friday. Since my parents don't have a day ticket for Friday, would they still get early access into the park as pass holder guests? I've only done the pass holder thing while in the park and I'm not sure how it works from the outside sign up. My parents haven't been to Uni in ages and I was wanting them to be able to take in Springfield and the view before they get the poop scared out of them. Thanks for any help!

I have a question for anyone who might know. My wife and I are heading down to Uni tomorrow for a long weekend at HHN. My parents are gonna come down to do HHN Friday and a day at the parks Saturday. I rsvp'd for the annual pass holder entry on Friday. Since my parents don't have a day ticket for Friday, would they still get early access into the park as pass holder guests? I've only done the pass holder thing while in the park and I'm not sure how it works from the outside sign up. My parents haven't been to Uni in ages and I was wanting them to be able to take in Springfield and the view before they get the poop scared out of them. Thanks for any help!

Yes, the passholder and guest check in outside the gate. You'll see the event tent and sighns over by the Hard Rock Hotel walkway path. You'll get your wrist band out there, then you head in the entrance on the far right with your HHN tickets. I'm not sure what time they start but I assume it mentions it on your RSVP.

You then head over ner Springfield (this is based on past years, but I doubt anything changed this year and I did see the same setup this year)

Yes, the passholder and guest check in outside the gate. You'll see the event tent and sighns over by the Hard Rock Hotel walkway path. You'll get your wrist band out there, then you head in the entrance on the far right with your HHN tickets. I'm not sure what time they start but I assume it mentions it on your RSVP.

You then head over ner Springfield (this is based on past years, but I doubt anything changed this year and I did see the same setup this year)
That's sounds great, thank you Frank. Great to get them in early since they won't have stay and scream.

So. It sounds like no one is allowed to take pictures inside the IP houses during the UTH tours. This is some huge B.S. and I have a feeling that Ryan Murphy didn't know about the tours ahead of time?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/ZombieCT">@ZombieCT</a> as of today that is correct. You&#39;re still welcome to snap as many pictures as you&#39;d like inside our original mazes! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/AskUniversal?src=hash">#AskUniversal</a></p>&mdash; Universal Orlando (@UniversalORL) <a href="">September 23, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Agreed. They've stated that you can still photo the original houses, but that's only one of the six houses that offer that opportunity.

So, if you're doing just a morning or afternoon tour, there's a chance that you won't be able to take any photos at all.