Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tomb of the Ancients

To me it seemed a blatant rip-off of
HHN bear
. Trying to astroturf a similar fan meme.

To be fair... it seems like anything now at HHN is getting a fan meme. It's becoming overkill. Our group loved the Dumpster Mike scare. Minutes later.... a new Dumpster Mike account followed us. I've also been followed by the Suns (from Vamps), HHNAmut.....

To be fair... it seems like anything now at HHN is getting a fan meme. It's becoming overkill. Our group loved the Dumpster Mike scare. Minutes later.... a new Dumpster Mike account followed us. I've also been followed by the Suns (from Vamps), HHNAmut.....
I thought HHN bear was overkill. I think I would have a little more respect for these fake accounts if they were something officially done by HHN. It's really nothing new it was far more common in the earlier days of Twitter.

I think that started with the Catacombs house and the Cats and Combs meme started on facebook. (I remember people bringing little cat plushies into the house as a joke) Wasn't that kind of the first meme of this kind?

I thought HHN bear was overkill. I think I would have a little more respect for these fake accounts if they were something officially done by HHN. It's really nothing new it was far more common in the earlier days of Twitter.

I'll disagree with that... as far as in regards to HHN-related memes. Other than Cats and Combs, and some scenes from Bloodengutz, I don't recall any popular memes taking off like that.

Seems like HHNbear was widely accepted by Aiello and the HHN team. It took something silly and sorta took off organically.

These new accounts like HHN Duck... HHN Blade of Grass... HHN Amoeba... Trying to hard to be "HEY LOOK I CAN DO THIS TOO!"

I'll disagree with that... as far as in regards to HHN-related memes. Other than Cats and Combs, and some scenes from Bloodengutz, I don't recall any popular memes taking off like that.

Seems like HHNbear was widely accepted by Aiello and the HHN team. It took something silly and sorta took off organically.

These new accounts like HHN Duck... HHN Blade of Grass... HHN Amoeba... Trying to hard to be "HEY LOOK I CAN DO THIS TOO!"
I think my initial reaction was it was overkill based on a long string of other non HHN type Twitter accounts doing the same thing. I will admit I did accept it a little more when Mike Aiello and HHN started to acknowledge it. Of course that's the real reason all these other ones popped up, hoping to get that same acceptance and in turn popularity.

HHN Bear was the first to do it well, and it struck a chord. At the risk of swelling some fellow OU members' heads, it helped that they did it brilliantly (e.g. only following "bear" accounts at first).

Again, YMMV, but for me, another giant creature so soon after just felt like trying too hard to capture that vibe again. Guide mentioned on tour that they try to only use a Pepper's Ghost every few years, to preserve the uniqueness of the effect. I think the same should apply to giant animals.

Yeah... It's not like that bear was Uni's first vicious mammal puppet that was well received. It wasn't even the only vicious mammal puppet last year.

Expect a puppet like a tunnel now. If they can use it, they will.

Yeah... It's not like that bear was Uni's first vicious mammal puppet that was well received. It wasn't even the only vicious mammal puppet last year.

Expect a puppet like a tunnel now. If they can use it, they will.
Yeah, there's also a bear puppet in Krampus. I like that they are using puppets and they seem to be doing it in very fitting situations.

HHN Bear was the first to do it well, and it struck a chord. At the risk of swelling some fellow OU members' heads, it helped that they did it brilliantly (e.g. only following "bear" accounts at first).

Again, YMMV, but for me, another giant creature so soon after just felt like trying too hard to capture that vibe again. Guide mentioned on tour that they try to only use a Pepper's Ghost every few years, to preserve the uniqueness of the effect. I think the same should apply to giant animals.

But peppers ghost is boring and it is something every run of the mill haunt can create.

Giant animals or monsters is not something u can see at any haunt.
I'm sad if they take them away.
I guys say it's overkill but before The bear when was the last time we had a big animal like that?

Would u prefer the ending to the house just be an actor coming out? That's not that cool.

is the crocodile starting to break down or something?
now when i went Thurs and Fri, his head is sideways. I remember this happening to the werewolves in american werewolf house.
some of them would have a head completely sideways sometimes

is the crocodile starting to break down or something?
now when i went Thurs and Fri, his head is sideways. I remember this happening to the werewolves in american werewolf house.
some of them would have a head completely sideways sometimes
It was completely fine last night.

It was dark and sideways Thursday night, maybe they fixed whatever the issue was.

It might be timing. I think things like that re-set. I recall having a walk through of AWIL (the 2nd time it was around) when all the wolf's were dark and motionless.

I think I've only done Krampus twice, but I only got that killer bear one time.

It's a big reason I feel the need to attend HHN on multiple nights...every walk through can be so different!