Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
It has officially been announced that Disney's Hollywood Studios would be receiving a brand new holiday nighttime spectacular; aptly named as "Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!". The show will begin on November 14th, as it will last till December 31st. From the Disney Park's Blog, they had this to say--

And the search-and-rescue mission to get The Big Guy back to the North Pole in time for Christmas Eve is all part of the fun in the all-new “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!” holiday spectacular coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios November 14. The show comes to life on, above and around the Chinese Theater with state-of-the-art projections, special effects, fireworks and a rousing seasonal musical score.

upload_2016-10-14_8-24-18.png

Led by elves Wayne and Lanny, the duo from ABC/Walt Disney Animation Studios’ animated special “Prep & Landing,” the spirited yuletide adventure to the North Pole features memorable holiday moments from Disney films including “Mickey’s Christmas Carol,” “Beauty and the Beast,” “Pluto’s Christmas Tree,” “Bambi,” Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas” and more, all building to a festive finale that’s “So tinsel!”

And did I mention there will be snow?

A sweet way to enjoy this new holiday spectacular is with the Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Holiday Dessert Party, which includes reserved viewing, desserts, specialty beverages and more. Each dessert party guest will get a pair of 3D HoloSpex® glasses to use while watching the show. The glasses create spectacular holographic illusions of gingerbread men, candy canes, snowflakes and ornaments on any bright point of light.

Memorable, heartwarming, and enchanting for the entire family these one-of-a-kind holiday experiences will dazzle Disney’s Hollywood Studio guests through December 31.

What holiday experiences are you most looking forward to at Disney Parks?

Are you guys excited to see DHS get a new holiday show? Comment below!

Attachments

• upload_2016-10-14_8-24-31.png
    upload_2016-10-14_8-24-31.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
So.... if you are trying to attract the SOA Holiday Lights crowd, why not put the Osbourne Lights on Hollywood Blvd. or down the main drag at DHS? Its not like they have a parade or any other event along these corridors, although I could see that having this on the route to TOT, RNR, and Fantasmic could produce a logjam. I do agree, however, worst name ever. Someone probably suggested Jingle BOOM and they got worried that people would think about a bomb. BAM is a little less jarring.:rolleyes:

It looks promising. I enjoyed Star Wars so I'm
Sure I'd enjoy this.

jingle-bell-jingle-bam-00.jpg

The name is awful though.

The name is hot garbage. Anything adding Nightmare to the parks is good with me. Makes me almost want to get next year's AP early, but I won't because I still hold in my heart of hearts that they are going to really feel the pressure soon and start asking us locals like they have in the past.

The name is hot garbage. Anything adding Nightmare to the parks is good with me. Makes me almost want to get next year's AP early, but I won't because I still hold in my heart of hearts that they are going to really feel the pressure soon and start asking us locals like they have in the past.
I'm in a very similar position as you. I've been feeling a Disney itch lately, but I know more price cuts are coming.

Wow, that name. I honestly can't picture any human being saying it aloud. The tourists are gonna look ridiculous.

The cynic in me says they made this show just for the dessert party. It's more difficult to have a dessert party for the lights, when the lights take place all over the park. As much as we hate the dessert parties, I'm assuming they make bank.

It looks promising. I enjoyed Star Wars so I'm
Sure I'd enjoy this.

jingle-bell-jingle-bam-00.jpg

The name is awful though.

I agree! Star Wars was a great time, so I'm very excited for this. I didn't get the projections on the Castle, it was always meh to me. But I thought the DHS show really brought it all together much better.

Crap name, Dessert Party Tickets booked as a treat for the Wife on 28th Nov

Just checked times for the date I'm planning on going. This is at 6:45pm, Fantasmic is at 7:00pm (park closes at 9pm). Same thing happened with Star Wars fireworks last time I was there. Do they schedule these two so close together to discourage guests from seeing both?

Just checked times for the date I'm planning on going. This is at 6:45pm, Fantasmic is at 7:00pm (park closes at 9pm). Same thing happened with Star Wars fireworks last time I was there. Do they schedule these two so close together to discourage guests from seeing both?
Yeah, pretty much to spread crowds.

When they do 2 Fantasmic showings, this isn't a problem, but with only one, you've gotta pick.