Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Trolls

I can't help but picture Anna and Justin when I see those two main characters. Their voices are just too recognizable.

I have each clip a couple of times now. I am not a Timberlake fan but the music got stuck in my head. I enjoyed the clips and am almost embarrassed to admit I am looking forward to the movie.

I have each clip a couple of times now. I am not a Timberlake fan but the music got stuck in my head. I enjoyed the clips and am almost embarrassed to admit I am looking forward to the movie.

I think that is most people...I showed my coworkers clips at work after they said the trailer sucked and they replayed the cloud jay one like 5 times just for the high five part and wouldn't stop giggling with the one of Poppy singing because of how trippy and weird it was. I think its growing on people.

I think it will surprise people as expectations are fairly low, but it will still be a fairly average animated movie.

Interesting marketing. and Zooey Deschanel singing is >>>

wflW4JZ.png

Last edited:
Looks like Trolls is going for another hit song from the soundtrack with "What U Workin' With?"

And if I had to guess, this would be the end-of-movie feel good song:

Looks like Trolls is going for another hit song from the soundtrack with "What U Workin' With?"

And if I had to guess, this would be the end-of-movie feel good song:

I think Hair Up will be that viral hit more so that is a slow burner like Happy but the soundtrack gives me hope for the film especially after hearing all the mashups.

I think Hair Up will be that viral hit more so that is a slow burner like Happy but the soundtrack gives me hope for the film especially after hearing all the mashups.

Ehh, i'm not crazy about it. The first thing it reminded me of was the Fall Out Boy re-make of the Ghostbusters song, which was just awkward.

Also, if you look on Spotify, "What U Workin' With?" has been played almost 100,000 more times than "Hair Up" (123,393 - 25,539 plays). The Ariana Grande song actually has the most plays, but it's obvious listening to it that the song won't be a hit.

Ehh, i'm not crazy about it. The first thing it reminded me of was the Fall Out Boy re-make of the Ghostbusters song, which was just awkward.

Also, if you look on Spotify, "What U Workin' With?" has been played almost 100,000 more times than "Hair Up" (123,393 - 25,539 plays). The Ariana Grande song actually has the most plays, but it's obvious listening to it that the song won't be a hit.

More so I think kids will like Hair Up more than What you working with...they are the reasons the whip nae nae became huge not because older people liked it. Its poppy and reminds me of Whip my Hair

More so I think kids will like Hair Up more than What you working with...they are the reasons the whip nae nae became huge not because older people liked it. Its poppy and reminds me of Whip my Hair
Kids don't have to like it though. Kids don't like everything that's on the radio and the radio doesn't pander to children. Heck, I can't see how What U Workin With even fits into the movie compared to the sound of everything else.

Plus when you look at the song writing credits, acclaimed hit-maker Max Martin has his finger prints on the song. Martin also co-wrote/produced Can't Stop The Feeling (the only two songs on the album he worked on).

Trolls is going to be a hit as its Hasbro third best selling license this year outside Disney Princesses and Frozen.

Overall, revenue from Hasbro's franchise brands -- its key internal brands -- increased 2%, driven by Magic: The Gathering, Nerf, Play-Doh, and Transformers. Revenue from partner brands grew 19%, driven by Disney Princess and Disney Frozen, Dreamworks' Troll, and, to a lesser extent, Yo-kai Watch (a role-playing video game).

Girls results were driven by robust performance by Disney Princess and Disney Frozen fashion and small dolls, Dreamworks' Trolls, as well as growth in Baby Alive and Furby products. The two Disney brands are new sources of revenue for Hasbro in 2016, as the global rights to produce and market these dolls transferred to it from Mattel on Jan. 1.