Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Sneak Peak of Doctor Strange coming to One Man's Dream October 7

...i thought that he couldn't be used east of the Mississippi? If I'm right, could that be a potential breach in the contract?
Universal only has the rights to specific characters east of the Mississippi. I'm pretty sure Doctor Strange is free for use like this at WDW, similar to how GotG was back when they did a similar movie promo in 2014.

You know... I don't want to give them ideas, but a Doctor Strange overlay of Tower of Terror could actually work. Not perfectly, but it would make 1,000,000x more sense than a GOTG overlay.

Hmm, seems they could be pushing more than they could chew.

I'll ask this both here and on the MSHI thread because it may be important; what IP's can they use for WDW? I thought Doc Strange was apart of one of the murals at MSHI as it is; as wouldn't that block him from being used at WDW?

So I know there's a lot of speculation that this will be going to DHS (which makes sense), but then I got to thinking. Over on Magic there's a rumor that Disney supposedly is tinkering with the idea of putting more M&G's in Disney Springs to drive attendance. Technically, since DS isn't a theme park, they are legally allowed to do this and I know in the past they have. I'm fairly certain that on premiere weekend for Iron Man 3, Iron Patriot met out by the AMC. They could be arranging to do the same with Doctor Strange.

This is all speculation of course, but it could help to make some sense of things if it's a sticky situation for the theme parks.

So the Dr. Strange unadvertised M&G starts today. I'm sure we'll see pics of the M&G in action in just a few short hours, but here's some pics of the area where the Doctor will meet.

The really seem to be testing the limits here, not only by putting a Daily Bugle on display, but also referencing Daredevil at the top by "advertising" Nelson & Murdock, attorneys at law:

1nQIvzb.jpg

AwqhNYA.jpg

So the Dr. Strange unadvertised M&G starts today. I'm sure we'll see pics of the M&G in action in just a few short hours, but here's some pics of the area where the Doctor will meet.

The really seem to be testing the limits here, not only by putting a Daily Bugle on display, but also referencing Daredevil at the top by "advertising" Nelson & Murdock, attorneys at law:

1nQIvzb.jpg

AwqhNYA.jpg

This is the world we live in. With countless forums dedicated to Disney and countless people willing to tweet and share photos over social media, Disney don't really need to advertise to get their message out there.

This is the world we live in. With countless forums dedicated to Disney and countless people willing to tweet and share photos over social media, Disney don't really need to advertise to get their message out there.
That's probably the best way i've seen this whole situation put. Disney simply doesn't have to advertise or use the Marvel name, especially if they can use other Marvel staples such as The Daily Bugle (which screams Marvel) to decorate the area.

I don't foresee that Bugle reference lasting long...
The M&G is only supposed to last a month, so we'll see how things change over that (fairly) short period. If they do change things quickly then we'll know it was just Disney pushing the buttons to see how far they could go with this.

I have to imagine that some of this is violating the contract already in place between NBCUniversal and TWDC over Marvel. I am very interested to see if there'll be any changes in the manner of days because it is going to get out of there into the public, regardless of marketing not happening.

M&G appearances are sort of "Hidden" on the backside of the Daily Bugle stand. First time of the day is in 20 minutes or so at 10:30.

Last edited:
The DB stuff will last shorter. Much shorter.
I guess we'll see, won't we? I'm not arguing either way, it's just the truth. We could see tomorrow that it's been changed, or we could see come December that it's still there. I prefer to keep an open mind about things, even if there is contractual information to be known. I don't know what has gone on behind the scenes (if anything), so I won't rule anything out yet.