Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 181 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not only a beloved ride, but I would think Universal wouldn't want to shut down a major capacity ride while they're tearing down Kid Zone for Nintendo. They have capacity issues as it is right now and even with Fallon & F&F coming on board, that will only offset Kidzone.

I've been away for awhile. Have the plans for the attractions changed at all?

Not as far as I have heard. Still same attractions and location.

Yeah, all quiet on the western front, from closing KZ soon to virtual silence, do we think they may be reconsidering their options since the land purchase? anyone got anything to add?

Reactions: Brer Oswald
Yeah, all quiet on the western front, from closing KZ soon to virtual silence, do we think they may be reconsidering their options since the land purchase? anyone got anything to add?

I'm sure that Kidzone was locked for some time before the third gate discussion down south ever occured. It may just depend on something else though,

It isn't opening till probably 2020 at the very least. I can see a lack of news and information due to mainly that there..isn't really the need to know anything.

Sure, it'd make us happy; but It'd be perhaps a bit too early to reveal anything. The last thing we need is another New Fantasyland/Pandora situation again. And I doubt they'd make the mistake of Diagon again when it was kept secret for way too long.

Reactions: Mike S and UK-Trigg
*If* the reddit post made about a month back is true about Miyamoto + film crew being spotted at Uni a little over a month ago, then I'd assume that some sort of reveal will be coming in the near future. Question is whether the reddit user was legit or just trolling. Would be a weird thing to just randomly troll about, but then again people can be weird! No pictures of the event have been found so, not sure. I'd think SOMEONE would have gotten a picture if it really did occur, but maybe not

*If* the reddit post made about a month back is true about Miyamoto + film crew being spotted at Uni a little over a month ago, then I'd assume that some sort of reveal will be coming in the near future. Question is whether the reddit user was legit or just trolling. Would be a weird thing to just randomly troll about, but then again people can be weird! No pictures of the event have been found so, not sure. I'd think SOMEONE would have gotten a picture if it really did occur, but maybe not
He was definitely at UOR earlier this year. He hung out around MIB and rode it a few times.

Miyamoto was seen at USJ as well a few times the past couple of weeks.

I imagine KZ will close in January 2018, so until then there probably will be little to talk about. Unless of course Nintendo wants to reveal something, but with the Switch coming out soon, I imagine they will have their hands full.

I'd either think that they'll have Kidzone close by January of 2018 or perhaps right after HHN27.

They'll have Fallon, Kong, Hulk, and various other things for guests to do. Along with Volcano Bay; considering if they do anything for the Holidays, I'm having to guess that they'll be fine if they want to close it during the time of the holidays. Atleast, that's what I would think.

Reactions: Mike S
I'd either think that they'll have Kidzone close by January of 2018 or perhaps right after HHN27.

They'll have Fallon, Kong, Hulk, and various other things for guests to do. Along with Volcano Bay; considering if they do anything for the Holidays, I'm having to guess that they'll be fine if they want to close it during the time of the holidays. Atleast, that's what I would think.

I'd say January is the more likely scenario. Fallon will be open for the Holiday, but F&F won't be. Unless they just think they need the extra couple months to hit their opening target, or if the Holidays this year just aren't busy enough to worry about lost capacity.

Even if they did close it before FF opened it wouldn't be anywhere nears DHS bad. It stills has 8 rides open once Fallon opens along with Diagonal Alley and Springfield being fully themed areas. They need to just bite the bullet and close kid zone down, but fully understand their reasoning why not.

If anything, I'd see them having to go overtime on the amount of capacity for the rest of the attractions at USF until F&F opens, but even then; if it closes around the time VB opens that may actually be not a problem.