Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 180 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
HTF made a prediction that Nintendo was going to be announced while IAAPA was in town yesterday and he tweeted today he felt like some breaking news should be coming out any minute now.

HTF made a prediction that Nintendo was going to be announced while IAAPA was in town yesterday and he tweeted today he felt like some breaking news should be coming out any minute now.
cookie_monster_waiting.gif

I would wager that F&F information by the end of the week for IAAPA is more likely than Nintendoland. When Nintendoland gets announced, it will be teased heavily by Universal and Nintendo; and not all of a sudden like when it was first announced of the acquisition.

When that could be, I would say either around the time of the presser for Nintendo Switch, around the time of E3, or when they announce the closures of Kidzone for USF and what USJ will have to replace for it (which; I'm guessing Amity). I don't think that USH is going to be getting Nintendoland announced anytime soon, but I expect all three resorts to have the Nintendoland's at the same time..

Reactions: Mike S
In another light, as i want to bring this up,

I am actually more curious about something to Nintendo that I don't believe of people bringing up. In terms of critical response, it may be an even greater risk than what I'd wager of Potter being. Why i say that, is due to this;

Nintendo is one of the entertainment industries largest companies. Alongside TWDC; Nintendo has some of the most iconic characters/locations/stories in any form of media. Besides Gaming, there lies some of the largest brands within Entertainment. Hell, Mario alone can be placed on a mantle just like Mickey Mouse in terms of iconic level characters that made the company what it is.

I am very curious to see how Universal/Nintendo markets this; the potential critical response and how they'll handle crowds for all the iterations of Nintendo at UPR. It's going to be that big of a partnership, and If they screw something up; it could bring down an even worse situation than what would happen if Potter failed for Universal in terms of reception.

I would guess he means F&F info
Yeah, since it sounds like Universal hasn't even decided what the final version will be. 360 room is probably set, but on the other stuff it seems like is still being evaluated. Otherwise it wouldn't be opening so far in the future (summer 2018). If they had everything finalized, a late 2017 opening would have been easy to accomplish. Hopefully, UC will come up with better non 360 room stuff than they have in Hollywood.

In another light, as i want to bring this up,

I am actually more curious about something to Nintendo that I don't believe of people bringing up. In terms of critical response, it may be an even greater risk than what I'd wager of Potter being. Why i say that, is due to this;

Nintendo is one of the entertainment industries largest companies. Alongside TWDC; Nintendo has some of the most iconic characters/locations/stories in any form of media. Besides Gaming, there lies some of the largest brands within Entertainment. Hell, Mario alone can be placed on a mantle just like Mickey Mouse in terms of iconic level characters that made the company what it is.

I am very curious to see how Universal/Nintendo markets this; the potential critical response and how they'll handle crowds for all the iterations of Nintendo at UPR. It's going to be that big of a partnership, and If they screw something up; it could bring down an even worse situation than what would happen if Potter failed for Universal in terms of reception.

So, what you're saying is you want screens?

No. I want Nintendo in an overall sense is that it's realistic in using full on practical tech as much as humanly possible; but that it feels like you literally stepped into the worlds that Nintendo has to offer, in the environments; characters and stories.
Same...I was being sarcastic