Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

I think having two Mario castles is over doing it a bit. If they are going to do two castles then maybe do Hyrule castle?
I'd argue that Hyrule Castle and Peach's Castle would be more similar in appearance and structure than Peach's Castle and Bowser's Castle. Bowser's Castle has more of a fortress-look to me. I think there's sufficient contrast between the two.

Yes, at least one of the castles will be a ride facade

I think one castle (probably Bowser's) will be the ride. The Bowser castle feels more like a natural ride entrance than Peach's castle. Aesthetically, walking from another land towards Peach's castle and then coming into Mushroom Kingdom feels more natural then walking through Bowser's, if you understand what I mean.

Plus, storytelling can still work with Bowser's Keep. Where does Bowser take Peach each time he kidnaps her? To his castle. So why wouldn't Mario recruit guests and they go on adventure to Bowser's Keep? Again, just speculating, but to me feel better that way.

As for Hyrule? I wish, but maybe this Nintendo land is a test run to other future options?

Remember, close after this opens in Orlando (theoretically), we'll have a third theme park to play with, not to mention lands in IoA that are ripe for redevelopment

True. I'm sure Universal's creative team are researching the land availability at IOA vs the growth plan for the new land. If Uni builds the new land at the existing park, I can't see them splitting it up. Mario is not the same as Legend of Zelda, but they are overall Nintendo brethren and seeing one split far from the other kinda stinks.

BUT! Hell, I would've told you they were out of their minds to split Harry Potter and yet they did and made a genius move with the Hogwarts Express.

True. I'm sure Universal's creative team are researching the land availability at IOA vs the growth plan for the new land. If Uni builds the new land at the existing park, I can't see them splitting it up. Mario is not the same as Legend of Zelda, but they are overall Nintendo brethren and seeing one split far from the other kinda stinks.

BUT! Hell, I would've told you they were out of their minds to split Harry Potter and yet they did and made a genius move with the Hogwarts Express.
Zelda has an older target audience, so if they avoid the Wind Waker aesthetic, the two can (and likely will) exist in separate parks.

Pokemon is the most likely to replace an area in IOA, given the lower amount of risk (not first-party for Nintendo, merch machine). Nintendo will probably also be more protective of Zelda and desire a custom-built Hyrule in the 3rd gate.

Pokemon is the most likely to replace an area in IOA, given the lower amount of risk (not first-party for Nintendo, merch machine). Nintendo will probably also be more protective of Zelda and desire a custom-built Hyrule in the 3rd gate.

I see it the other way around. Zelda to replace Lost Continent, Pokémon with it's own land in Park 3.

1) Pokémon is WAY more popular
2) Lost Continent could be an easy transition to Hyrule.

I see it the other way around. Zelda to replace Lost Continent, Pokémon with it's own land in Park 3.

1) Pokémon is WAY more popular
2) Lost Continent could be an easy transition to Hyrule.

Using the LC => Hyrule transition idea: It could work and it could be a very large area if they connect the space between Poseidons and Sinbad and connect that whole area. On smaller scale, turning some of those old midway games they had into more Zelda themed (say Link bow and arrow games) it could still fit thematically.

Using the LC => Hyrule transition idea: It could work and it could be a very large area if they connect the space between Poseidons and Sinbad and connect that whole area. On smaller scale, turning some of those old midway games they had into more Zelda themed (say Link bow and arrow games) it could still fit thematically.

Way I see it is: Sindbad area is rethemed to Castle Town, and Sindbad becomes a Link vs Ganon stage show, PF is knocked down and replaced with a ride.

Just seems odd to call this area of the park "super Nintendo world", but then open other Nintendo properties in other parks (or a 3rd park even). I feel like that's milking it a little too much.

Couple thoughts after starring at the concept art for an eternity:

* On one of the staircases, there's a guy next to a ? Block. Interactive ? Blocks? Would be awesome.

* How does ADA compliance work? Ramps? Elevators?

* Where are all the shops and restaurants? Are they all indoors under the facades? I don't even see places for store fronts.

I've heard that each land will have at least 1 unique attraction with a shared attraction (no shock what that is), with the overall land aesthetic being the same.

For instance, Bowser's Castle is seen here, but may not be in Hollywood/Florida. Also I think the latter may both open in 2020 now...
I'll believe it when I see it. They had the opportunity to do it with Potter and didn't.

* On one of the staircases, there's a guy next to a ? Block. Interactive ? Blocks? Would be awesome.

* Where are all the shops and restaurants? Are they all indoors under the facades? I don't even see places for store fronts.

One thing you have to remember is in nearly all Asian countries, there are no ADA compliance.

As for stores, I'm pretty sure that mushroom on the ground is a storefront or restaurant.

It's best to remember this is most likely conceptual art. It is to give us a "feel" of the area with some concrete ideas of what to expect. The art is designed in a perfect(?) square shape and maybe the land they plan to use isn't the same. I expect to see mushroom huts and warp pipes and lots of game scenery, but it could be different.

The Toad House and square entrance building next to Bowser's Castle could maybe be shops. If the tall Super Mario 3D World mountain is actually the show building for the Yoshi attraction, maybe guests will exit through the Toad House? The tiered layout is very interesting and opens up some neat possibilities for layout.

Honestly could care less about Japan, since Universal seems to focus more there. But on the positive side, good to see they are actually serious about the detail to such a tremendous property that will outshine potter. They have to get this right.