Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 212 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My point is that no Zelda game except maybe a small bit of Zelda II on NES has Greek/Roman god themed architecture that Mythos would be able to fit in the land.
They turned the enchanted oak tavern into the three broomsticks... so its not like they have an issue there.

Reactions: Mike S
Zelda kind of has an amalgamation of themes. I disagree that they can't fit/blend Mythos into a Zelda area. Twilight Princess has a Colosseum in the middle of a desert (Arbiter's grounds) for instance. I don't really see it being a stretch that they could somehow preserve mythos in a zelda land depending on the environment(s) they use, but meh it's a restaurant and I already stated they shouldn't limit themselves by trying to save it.

I would think that any Nintendo at IOA would be third on the list time wise, after Studios and the new park. So that could be really far down the line.

I'm interested in seeing how Uni will go about it, would love to know what their plans are beyond the next 5 years or so. When it comes to Nintendo though, the only thing we know for sure, or as sure as we can be, is that there will be more than this initial land that they're building now. Has there ever been as sure of a thing? I would be interested in seeing if there was anyone out there who thought otherwise.

Last edited:
Has there ever been as sure of a thing?

After a contract is signed with a major IP, then it is sure that something will be coming. Past initial projects presented to the IP to get the contract, then it gets dicey. If anything, I would think that Zelda is in development now and there were presentations with that guy some of you are so smitten with.

I'm interested in seeing how Uni will go about it, would love to know what their plans are beyond the next 5 years or so. When it comes to Nintendo though, the only thing we know for sure, or as sure as we can be, is that there will be more than this initial land that they're building now. Has there ever been as sure of a thing? I would be interested in seeing if there was anyone out there who thought otherwise.
I think Diagon Alley was a pretty sure thing with rumors about that starting pretty quickly. Heck, the fact an expansion was happening was officially confirmed in 2011.

Reactions: chocotaco
After a contract is signed with a major IP, then it is sure that something will be coming. Past initial projects presented to the IP to get the contract, then it gets dicey. If anything, I would think that Zelda is in development now and there were presentations with that guy some of you are so smitten with.
Miyamoto? There's a reason we are. He's like the Walt Disney of video games.

I think Diagon Alley was a pretty sure thing with rumors about that starting pretty quickly. Heck, the fact an expansion was happening was officially confirmed in 2011.

You are very right yes, but I was more talking about how most assume there will be more Nintendo after this initial project, even though this initial project isn't even built yet. People started thinking of another Harry Potter land/expansion after it proved itself as being a massive success. Granted, Harry Potter is probably a key aspect in most assuming there will be more Nintendo in the future.

It almost feels like a given that there will be more before the first part is even built

You are very right yes, but I was more talking about how most assume there will be more Nintendo after this initial project, even though this initial project isn't even built yet. People started thinking of another Harry Potter land/expansion after it proved itself as being a massive success. Granted, Harry Potter is probably a key aspect in most assuming there will be more Nintendo in the future
Because of the logistics of the situation. Nintendo is more than just Mario and Universal got the rights to their whole catalogue of characters. They're going to use more, especially Pokémon. They'd be stupid not to. With a whole new park in Orlando it's set up almost too perfectly for it to happen.

Also insiders.

Also insiders.

giphy.gif

It's pretty hard to imagine that a 3rd gate could go in around the time of Nintendo given that universal is possibly building three attractions. Studios is going to have a lot to do when nintendo world opens. I can't see it happening until after depending on the boost that Volcano Bay/ new resorts give. I think the existing parks would be looking for an extra couple of million per year before they would think it is safe to spread out.

It's pretty hard to imagine that a 3rd gate could go in around the time of Nintendo given that universal is possibly building three attractions. Studios is going to have a lot to do when nintendo world opens. I can't see it happening until after depending on the boost that Volcano Bay/ new resorts give. I think the existing parks would be looking for an extra couple of million per year before they would think it is safe to spread out.
The year I've seen for the third park on another site from a trusted insider there was 2023. Nintendo at USF is 2020.

Last edited:
Reactions: anihilnation
Maybe someone can enlighten me. How far in advanced have other parks been announcement to completion considering this park could be 5+
The year I've seen for the third park on another site from a trusted insider there was 2023. Nintendo at USF is 2020.
years away.

I dont see how that's possible if they havent broken ground.
Yeah, I just don't see how it is possible. 2023 is 6 years away which is a fairly typical (if not fast) build time for a theme park these days. Considering Universal would not just be building a theme park, but have to build more hotels, accommodate for parking, likely a second citywalk type area and figure out transportation between the two properties, I just don't see it possible sooner than 2023. None of this is accounting for any potential hiccups they may encounter along the way either.

Now they may WANT it sooner than 2023, but wanting something open and actually opening it are two completely different things.

Yeah, I just don't see how it is possible. 2023 is 6 years away which is a fairly typical (if not fast) build time for a theme park these days. Considering Universal would not just be building a theme park, but have to build more hotels, accommodate for parking, likely a second citywalk type area and figure out transportation between the two properties, I just don't see it possible sooner than 2023. None of this is accounting for any potential hiccups they may encounter along the way either.

Now they may WANT it sooner than 2023, but wanting something open and actually opening it are two completely different things.

I disagree. Anything is possible as long as there is a will and want.

Reactions: Joel and Mike S