Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 143 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah, the 360 rides are a bust, sorry...They work for the tram tour, they don't stand alone as attractions

Of course, my opinion

Fast and Furious deserved better, many will be disappointed as it is another ride that "takes you into a room and shakes you" as I heard Kong described by some tourists recently
I agree, I always thought it deserved better.

Something like a cars coaster track, in cars that race or go fast like Test Track part where they do the speed test but a full ride of it.

There's a point during the ride where vin diesel grabs on to a chopper and leaves the scene. The chopper looks like it's 5 ft long and it looks so unrealistic. Also the beggining of the ride looks like the Harry Potter Gringotts pre show.

I believe its supposed to be a drone. Doesn't read well and probably isn't the best choice for such fast paced story telling. (no pun intended)

For those that haven't seen it. It does look a little small for a helicopter.
maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: LJGonz and ChrisM
The graphics on this ride are of a cartoon show. Why can't they just make these rides movie quality. Rides like FJ also have a cartoony look. If they made the CGI movie quality it would look so much better.

They are so stupid sometimes. Fast and Furious is a car franchise. And they make a ride about it not in a freaking CAR!!!!! Missed opportunity here. Easily could have made a smaller version of test track. Would have been amazing but no. Just another screen based attraction

Reactions: LJGonz
They are so stupid sometimes. Fast and Furious is a car franchise. And they make a ride about it not in a freaking CAR!!!!! Missed opportunity here. Easily could have made a smaller version of test track. Would have been amazing but no. Just another screen based attraction
Totally agree. An upgraded version of test track with a trackless car and a lot of drifting and free movement. Super missed oportunity.

Reactions: adjjb
When you run Universal, you can spend a half billion on R&D for that. Until then they have to do things that are reasonable and cost effective. This is a filler attraction to keep attendance up and replace something that was falling apart. This is something to keep people coming while Nintendo is under construction. Just like Transformers, just like Rip Ride Rocket.

When you run Universal, you can spend a half billion on R&D for that. Until then they have to do things that are reasonable and cost effective. This is a filler attraction to keep attendance up and replace something that was falling apart. This is something to keep people coming while Nintendo is under construction. Just like Transformers, just like Rip Ride Rocket.

This is also going to be something that will be just like Kong and Transformers, to upgrade the park's capacity so that they can prepare themselves for Super Nintendo World.

My primary concern is that Universal just opened a 360 attraction last year, and now they're essentially pulling a Transformers and adding the same attraction again, just with a different theme (and, based on what we've heard so far, in much less impressive fashion). Strikes me as not particularly the best move for the diversity of USF or UOR as a whole, to say nothing of whether or not that approach best serves the F&F theme (and it doesn't).

Will I go into the attraction with an open mind? As much as possible, yes. However, I cannot foresee a scenario where I'll walk out of the ride thinking it was worth replacing Earthquake/Disaster for it... unless everything we've heard about the ride is incorrect.

Disney look to be investing again, with Avatar coming in May and this being Universals 2018 offering I can't help but feel this will be the moment momentum shifts back to Disney after over a decade.

I'm hoping for the best for this ride but I've never been less excited for a major project...It's such a miss for Universal. They're going to have to have some pretty major plans for 2019 to stem the flow of criticism that I feel will come their way with their 'overall' offerings when this opens....it's already started with people complaining more about screen based rides.

Disney look to be investing again, with Avatar coming in May and this being Universals 2018 offering I can't help but feel this will be the moment momentum shifts back to Disney after over a decade.

I'm hoping for the best for this ride but I've never been less excited for a major project...It's such a miss for Universal. They're going to have to have some pretty major plans for 2019 to stem the flow of criticism that I feel will come their way with their 'overall' offerings when this opens....it's already started with people complaining more about screen based rides.
Not with Nintendo and a whole new park on the way.

Reactions: Joel and Mad Dog