Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 289 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
New article at the official blog about TapuTapu... not really any new information, but there is this fun new infographic!
TapuTapu-Infographic.jpg

Universal Orlando Close Up | How to Use Your TapuTapu Wearable - Close Up

Not sure it's been mentioned yet but TapuTapu is actually the 'Prism' product by accesso.

It's been designed to replace their existing line of Q-Bot devices. I believe Universal offers this (or at least did) in IOA, so TapuTapu being rolled out wider than just Volcano Bay is not out of the question as the framework is already in place.

It's a very cool bit of tech and able to do a lot more than what's been announced for TapuTapu so far.

Reactions: UK-Trigg and Alicia
Any good examples?
Parkwide announcements sent directly to everyone's Tapus? Individual messages sent to specific individuals. Paying with it, like they now offer at Aquatica. Using it to unlock hotel doors and tracking locations like the MagicBands. Storing ride photo data. I'm sure it could accomplish all the things MagicBands can and more, since it has a screen and can alert you when it's told to.

Reactions: LieutLaww
Yes, but it is unknown yet whether Universal will be taking advantage of that capability. They have not yet said they will be.
Gotcha, that was my question...I just worded it badly haha

It will certainly make the payment process easier, but I'm curious how you tie your card to it..

Gotcha, that was my question...I just worded it badly haha

It will certainly make the payment process easier, but I'm curious how you tie your card to it..

Cashless Wristband | Aquatica Orlando

85b3dc73f80f4922842601f08e6a5033_cashless-wristband.jpg

Step 1: Visit a ticket window or the Information & Reservations Counter to activate a wristband account by linking to a credit card or providing cash.

Step 2: Set Up separate spending limits for each person in your family.

Step 3: Scan at any shop or restaurant to make a purchase.

Step 4: Your account automatically settles at the end of the day.

Quick. Easy. No Fees.

The wristband isn't the only component. I'm assuming they'd have to have the integrated doors, check outs, kiosks, website integration, software to push all the info, staff to update etc. Even still, that's not a billion dollars.

Messaging could be huge. HUGE.

"Bad weather approaching. Please exit the water"

"Say "Krakatau" and get 25% off your food in the next hour"

"A native has escaped his villiage. Wearing a red lei. If you spot him, notify an islander for a prize"

"There's no wait at X ride -- come visit!"

It also brings up ethical challenges -- do you use it in extreme circumstances to notify everyone of a missing child and ruin the mood?

Messaging could be huge. HUGE.

"Bad weather approaching. Please exit the water"

"Say "Krakatau" and get 25% off your food in the next hour"

"A native has escaped his villiage. Wearing a red lei. If you spot him, notify an islander for a prize"

"There's no wait at X ride -- come visit!"

It also brings up ethical challenges -- do you use it in extreme circumstances to notify everyone of a missing child and ruin the mood?
"It's Volcano sacrificial victim time. Hide your women"

I would guess they will let you link your Tapu Tapu to a credit card for cashless transactions. That's one of the biggest challenges to food and beverage sales in a waterpark is that people aren't carrying wallets. They want to encourage those guests to spend spend spend! There's a giant concrete phallic symbol to pay for...

Last edited:
Reactions: Joel and Mad Dog
It's also how express will work.

Instead of it issuing a return time, if you've paid for express it will simply allow you immediate access to the attraction.

Nice and seamless.

Status
Not open for further replies.