Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tomorrowland re-do?

It's kind of awful everywhere, though. There's not really a good way to do it.

If they got rid of the speedway it would be a better transition. And adventure to frontier is a pretty good transition, so is the new FLE transition on the other side and the circus transition. Going from speedway to tea cups you don't even feel like you are in different land yet. Just odd.

I pray they get rid of the speedway. For some reason it just rubs me the wrong way and just is very tacky to me.

I agree. I never understood why it was there in the first place. A go kart on a track is not something that is futuristic. It seems as they just needed something to put there and that was all they could come up with.

If they got rid of the speedway it would be a better transition. And adventure to frontier is a pretty good transition, so is the new FLE transition on the other side and the circus transition. Going from speedway to tea cups you don't even feel like you are in different land yet. Just odd.

I meant the FL to TL transition.

It's terrible in all the DL-style parks I've been to.

Gotcha, since I have always lived on the east coast I have never been to DL. I do want to go out there when my kids are older and can ride everything. Since I live in Orlando, I won't be making that trip often.

I would love to see some sort of TRON somwhere in Tomorrowland. Shanghai is getting a Light-Cycle dueling coaster and I would love to see that replace the Go-Karts. :shrug:

Yeah but at least in Disneyland there's the massive Matterhorn which basically separates Fantasyland from Tomorrowland. In the Magic Kingdom it's just the abrupt change from tacky Tomorrowland with the Speedway and BAM! Teacups Pooh and Circus. Horrible transitioning.

-Take out Stitch and replace it with Alien Encounter again
-Takeout The Speedway and add Wreck it Ralph blends Sci fi and Fantasy leading into Fantasyland
-At Night Tomorrowland should Look like The Grid From Tron Legacy

Bumping this forward as the discussion about Toy Story Land morphed into Tomorrowland. So, for my two cents, I think that it would be interesting to go with a tree-lined walkway and fountains down the middle. Clean and contemporary. The rides would include Space Mountain with a new layout and track, Journey To The Center of The Earth (a sinkhole in FL led to the discovery, 20K Under the Sea (screen-based with some animatronics in a sub that travels through many adventures but still family friendly), and finally a Highways of the Future ride (dark ride with tongue-in-cheek humor about transportation itself). Even PeopleMover would receive love with dark ride scenes showing the future (stealing some cues from poor old Horizons). The exteriors would have some Vernesian touches but hide the rides. Speedway gone, Stitch gone and buried, Monsters Inc gone, Buzz gone, and maybe even Carousel of Progress (or refurb it and bring it to speed).

Bumping this forward as the discussion about Toy Story Land morphed into Tomorrowland. So, for my two cents, I think that it would be interesting to go with a tree-lined walkway and fountains down the middle. Clean and contemporary. The rides would include Space Mountain with a new layout and track, Journey To The Center of The Earth (a sinkhole in FL led to the discovery, 20K Under the Sea (screen-based with some animatronics in a sub that travels through many adventures but still family friendly), and finally a Highways of the Future ride (dark ride with tongue-in-cheek humor about transportation itself). Even PeopleMover would receive love with dark ride scenes showing the future (stealing some cues from poor old Horizons). The exteriors would have some Vernesian touches but hide the rides. Speedway gone, Stitch gone and buried, Monsters Inc gone, Buzz gone, and maybe even Carousel of Progress (or refurb it and bring it to speed).

That sounds awfully ambitious! I think the reality is going to be somewhat less impressive.

I'd love to see them bring 20K back, though I'd opt for the version from DisneySea.

That sounds awfully ambitious! I think the reality is going to be somewhat less impressive.

I'd love to see them bring 20K back, though I'd opt for the version from DisneySea.

Of course, it's ambitious. It hasn't cost anything aside from some moments of thinking. The 20K ride would be from DisneySea or an omnimover with vehicles that look similar to subs. I wasn't thinking of recreating the old 20K with the lagoon. Pure dark ride only. Look at Pirates and that tech is amazing for making it seem like you're underwater. That is more what I had in mind.

It's frustrating TDO can't just pick a plan and roll with it. There's so much potential for expansions

Frontierland (Western River Expedition, Splash and Big Thunder revamps)
Adventureland (Agrabah mini-land with relocated Magic Carpets and Aladdin - The Musical)
Main Street USA (general plussing, Philharmagic put into MS expansion pad)
Fantasyland (Philharmagic replacement, Peter Pan/IASW revamps, Pinocchio E-ticket replacing the circus tents, Wonderland mini-land in part of Speedway, Pooh revamp)
new Discovery Bay (rest of Speedway/northern expansion pad above Space Mountain - 3 or 4 attractions)

With Tomorrowland having the most potential - what I'd like to see:
Space Mountain overhaul
Stitch replaced by GotG
Monsters Inc replaced by TRON
Buzz replaced by WALL-E
CoP overhaul
Tomorrowland Terrace overhaul
Plectu's Intergalactic Revue and Flying Saucers between Space/CoP (Tomorrowland Stage replaced by this)