Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Miss Adventure Falls - New Slide at Typhoon Lagoon

All in all I am impressed with the AA, surprisingly fluid in the videos I've seen.
Ya it's one of the best I've seen on that scale. It reminds me of the Three Caballeros. This may become one of my favorite water rides, but we'll see.

EDIT: It's a lot slower than I thought it would be. Definitely not in my favorite water rides, but I do like the AA.

Last edited:
I like it- it adds something else my 3 year old can do in a water park instead of watching her sister do everything.
While not groundbreaking in any way- I'm still a sucker for those Disney touches as small as the rafts saying "precious cargo" on the side instead of just being rafts. They still understand that little things go a long way in making people smile.

I like it- it adds something else my 3 year old can do in a water park instead of watching her sister do everything.
While not groundbreaking in any way- I'm still a sucker for those Disney touches as small as the rafts saying "precious cargo" on the side instead of just being rafts. They still understand that little things go a long way in making people smile.

These small touches are the things that give a ride that extra push from being good to great to excellent. It's also the hardest financially for that extra push.

Based on what i'm seeing in the two sets of aerials we've gotten in the past few days, it looks like there's a decent amount of room between Miss Adventure and Crush n Gusher. The plot has potential to be fairly big if disney would move the permimeter of the park into the construction yard just beyond the trees, but Disney very likely wouldn't be willing to approve that.

So that means anything would likely need to be vertical if they were to build there. A drop slide like Ihu's or Oh Yah/Oh No comes to mind.

Of course i'm just speaking in hypotheticals. Besides, there are plenty of other expansion pads in TL and Shark Reef sitting abandoned:

Excited for a new waterpark addition...it looks fun, which is all you really need for a water slide.

Hopefully BB is up for a decent addition next year

Watching other POVs make me realize how slow this really is and anti climatic. Great for little ones first "big slide" but I have a feeling older kids/adults without kids and like thrills may find this boring.

Looks cute. I don't think the slide itself is a "response" to VB but the overall redevelopment of TL probably is. Interesting the one thing they could easily do, MM+, to replicate a lot of VB they aren't doing.

As for people on YouTube, good for them!

There's a nice YouTube video on Attraxtions Magazine's YouTube!
Helpful. Thx. Great to see POV. Had to smile when presenter says "new WDW water park first - an AA to help tell the 'story'..." then they cut to parrot saying "let's see what's cooking in the galley today shall we - ooh turkey legs" - erm story!? :) A fun smooth ride for the right age.

Last edited: