Miss Adventure Falls - New Slide at Typhoon Lagoon | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Miss Adventure Falls - New Slide at Typhoon Lagoon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The slide itself looks done... just landscaping and theming to do mostly. You can even see that the rafts are on site already so i'd expect water testing fairly soon.

Aerials of Miss Adventure Falls at Typhoon Lagoon

02202017MissAdFalls3.jpg

02202017MissAdFalls2.jpg

Last edited:
Seeing the ride pretty much built minus theming, I have to say this looks competently uninspired unless there is a lot going on that we don't know about.
Well we do know that there will be an AA Parrot on the ride, but aside from that, the only thing I can think of that would make this unique would be if the enclosed portions are themed or have a lighting package of some sort.

Reactions: Scott W.
Seeing the ride pretty much built minus theming, I have to say this looks competently uninspired unless there is a lot going on that we don't know about.

It's got a pretty decent layout. I also really like the entrance and exit area- in particular once it gets landscaped. Remember- this will have no height limit- so you can even take a one year old who would enjoy it.

They really have a huge missed opportunity on the tube lift. It will be a boring 45 second climb to the top- whereas they could have put some themeing and decorations and things to look at as well as some speakers to Say some funny lines or story and music on the way up that would have made it much more fun.
It's not like they needed animatronics- but just something cheap and simple bolted onto the sides- some shelves and tables with gold and necklaces and compasses, etc.

Note: they do have that great boat on the right side which is likely where the parrot will be- just saying we needed one more large prop on the left side.

Reactions: Scott W. and Nick
They really have a huge missed opportunity on the tube lift. It will be a boring 45 second climb to the top- whereas they could have put some themeing and decorations and things to look at as well as some speakers to Say some funny lines or story and music on the way up that would have made it much more fun. It's not like they needed animatronics- but just something cheap and simple bolted onto the sides- some shelves and tables with gold and necklaces and compasses, etc.
Completely agreed about the lift. They could have had that been completely covered and added some effects and story as you alluded to and it would have made for a much more compelling lift.

With lift is facing away from the park, there isn't anything even cool to see so the views from the lift will be pretty terrible too.

EDIT: There is a prop on the left side. Not sure if you mentioned it or not, but the thing that looks like a crane is actually for the ride. Check the concept art. Still not enough though.

Are you speaking to this theme element? That's where I think it will be.

G0A0aif.jpg

That's the one. I had always assumed it would be life size and similar to Enchanted Tiki Room not about 10ft tall. I did try and draw what I meant but it's pathetic.

bad parrot drawing.jpg

It looks like the head could rotate to the track the guests as they go around the bend.

That's the one. I had always assumed it would be life size and similar to Enchanted Tiki Room not about 10ft tall. I did try and draw what I meant but it's pathetic.

View attachment 3700

It looks like the head could rotate to the track the guests as they go around the bend.
To me it just looks like that's the "nest" and the parrot will be inside of it in view as you pass.

How long to Blizzard Beach gets something?
Blizzard doesn't have as much expansion room, but I have to think that the park could get something for 2018. If so, we'd have to get an announcement before the park closes for it's annual refurbishment in the fall. I expect any new ride to be built over that time much like has been done with Typhoon Lagoon.

I like that there are three waterfalls. However I cannot tell what the last waterfall theme is suppose to be. It looks like a raft on some rocks, but why would there be water flowing out of a raft? Odd looking element but hopefully it looks good up close.

Also, it doesn't look like there is an animatronic in that odd theme element on the horseshoe turn. I would bet the animatronic is on the lift hill either on the boat at the bottom or box hanging in the middle.

On a side note, does anyone know why there is so much water being pumped into the slide after the first tunnel? Why don't they just add all the water at the top of the slide?

Reactions: Coasted
Based on what i'm seeing in the two sets of aerials we've gotten in the past few days, it looks like there's a decent amount of room between Miss Adventure and Crush n Gusher. The plot has potential to be fairly big if disney would move the permimeter of the park into the construction yard just beyond the trees, but Disney very likely wouldn't be willing to approve that.

So that means anything would likely need to be vertical if they were to build there. A drop slide like Ihu's or Oh Yah/Oh No comes to mind.

Of course i'm just speaking in hypotheticals. Besides, there are plenty of other expansion pads in TL and Shark Reef sitting abandoned:

Reactions: Cheezbat
What about this ride is supposed to be special? I know it's family oriented but I don't see anything "groundbreaking" about it. What am I missing?