Miss Adventure Falls - New Slide at Typhoon Lagoon | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Miss Adventure Falls - New Slide at Typhoon Lagoon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
True, but after all these years you'd think Disney would throw SOMETHING unique in there...a half pipe element, bowl, funnel...something. Just building another Teamboat Springs is a cheap addition for one of the most popular water parks on the planet.
While a like bowl/funnels, I think they would insanely stand out at Typhoon Lagoon.

As I said above, if this is all they are going to do to their water parks, then there's something really wrong, especially after closing Shark Reef. Blizzard Beach really needs an expansion soon so hopefully that park gets something for 2018, but i'm not holding my breath.

In general though, Disney needs to just keep adding to their water parks. Blizzard doesn't have a ton of expansion space, but Typhoon Lagoon has an insane amount of expansion space in that park and with how neglected the parks have been, they should be adding more than one slide at a time.

You say that like there's not an accountant somewhere that honestly believes that.
I'm sure someone would love to shutter the whole park and even extend DS across the street. Less money off of Disney's back and more collecting rent. But we all know it's not going to happen.

Hell, while I would consider DS a modest success in it's first year, there's no way it can play with the big boy malls in the Orlando market. Black Friday was proof enough. Millenia, Florida Mall and the Premium Outlets were PACKED, yet Disney Springs, while definitely busier than normal, felt strangely uncrowded (and yes, I actually did visit all 4 malls on Black Friday like a crazy person :lol:).

Reactions: SeventyOne
I'm sure someone would love to shutter the whole park and even extend DS across the street. Less money off of Disney's back and more collecting rent. But we all know it's not going to happen.

"It's literally the most profitable bar in America. No way they'll close it." - conversation re: PI, ca. 2007. I've learned never to dismiss any potential crazy bean counter plan.

Hell, while I would consider DS a modest success in it's first year, there's no way it can play with the big boy malls in the Orlando market. Black Friday was proof enough. Millenia, Florida Mall and the Premium Outlets were PACKED, yet Disney Springs, while definitely busier than normal, felt strangely uncrowded (and yes, I actually did visit all 4 malls on Black Friday like a crazy person :lol:).

Place was dead Christmas Eve day, traditionally the busiest shopping day of the year, especially on a Saturday. They haven't attracted the necessary critical mass of stores (particularly anchor stores) to compete.

:topic:Back on topic, this looks like the new star attraction of Typhoon, that still should fit in seamlessly. Looks long and detailed, still family-friendly. I'll miss the sharks, too, but it was never a mass-loader, freaked a lot of people out, I see this being far more popular.

Not sure how this looks "sad" compared to multi-colored plastic slides but hey, Pixie Dust is a hell of a drug.

I'll miss the sharks, too, but it was never a mass-loader, freaked a lot of people out, I see this being far more popular.

Not sure how this looks "sad" compared to multi-colored plastic slides but hey, Pixie Dust is a hell of a drug.
Oh this will certainly raise the capacity of the park even with Shark Reef closed, but my point was I hope they actually redevelop that land and don't just abandon it there like River Country or numerous other things across WDW property.

I love how many are hyping up the AA parrot as if it was a new concept to put AA's on a water ride...

I also love how Disney is marketing it as one of the longest water rides. Its only 'long' because of the long/slow lift hill. The actual slide portion is fairly average looking if not on the short side. Definitely not Team Boat Springs length. I find it a little disappointing the lift hill doesn't appear to have much themeing. Wasted opportunity to entertain and be unique. The least they could have done is put some waterfalls to look at or statues that spray water on you, or SHADE!. Maybe they have and it isn't in the concept art, but I doubt it. All it does is increase capacity but at the cost of boring/burning guests on the slow climb.

I am excited about this addition and think it is much needed. However, Disney has raised expectations really high and this one just doesn't look like it is up to the Disney standard and comes across as a quick reaction attraction with little budget and effort. I will still ride it and enjoy it when I go to the park but will not be making a special trip to experience it.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I love how many are hyping up the AA parrot as if it was a new concept to put AA's on a water ride...

I also love how Disney is marketing it as one of the longest water rides. Its only 'long' because of the long/slow lift hill. The actual slide portion is fairly average looking if not on the short side. Definitely not Team Boat Springs length. I find it a little disappointing the lift hill doesn't appear to have much themeing. Wasted opportunity to entertain and be unique. The least they could have done is put some waterfalls to look at or statues that spray water on you, or SHADE!. Maybe they have and it isn't in the concept art, but I doubt it. All it does is increase capacity but at the cost of boring/burning guests on the slow climb.

I am excited about this addition and think it is much needed. However, Disney has raised expectations really high and this one just doesn't look like it is up to the Disney standard and comes across as a quick reaction attraction with little budget and effort. I will still ride it and enjoy it when I go to the park but will not be making a special trip to experience it.
Normally it would probably look sufficient. But next to what's opening at VB it's going to look real weak.

Normally it would probably look sufficient. But next to what's opening at VB it's going to look real weak.
Krakatau is impressive, but none of the vibrant/garishly colored slide complex's really make this look bad imo.

Simply put, one ride cannot compete with an entire brand new park.

I'd much rather ride the lift hill than carry a tube or climb stairs. I'd liken it to a lift hill on a coaster. Doesn't have to have theming if it adds to the "excitement" or anticipation. It's a family ride, I've already thought about getting excited with my 3 yr old during the lift hill who usually just has to watch older sister and dad ride the water rides.

And complaining about no shade? It'll be 30 seconds or so on that hill. Talk about complaining just to hear yourself complain. The walk to your car will be 30x worse than the lift hill.

Last edited:
I'd much rather ride the lift hill than carry a tube or climb stairs. I'd like not to a lift hill on a coaster. Doesn't have to have theming if it adds to the "excitement" or anticipation. It's a family ride, I've already thought about getting excited with my 3 yr old during the lift hill who usually just has to watch older sister and dad ride the water rides.

And complaining about no shade? It'll be 30 seconds or so on that hill. Talk about complaining just to hear yourself complain. The walk to your car will be 30x worse than the lift hill.
I completely agree with you about the lift hill. If I was designing a water park, every single 4-6 person slide would use a conveyor lift system like this to get people from the bottom to the top. I hate stairs because I hate heights... but I also have family and friends with heart issues and they cannot do staircases at waterparks, so there are many things we can't enjoy together. Its sad when the only things we can do together are the wave pool or lazy river.

I completely agree with you about the lift hill. If I was designing a water park, every single 4-6 person slide would use a conveyor lift system like this to get people from the bottom to the top. I hate stairs because I hate heights... but I also have family and friends with heart issues and they cannot do staircases at waterparks, so there are many things we can't enjoy together. Its sad when the only things we can do together are the wave pool or lazy river.

True.. But also.. water parks are the best workout I get in all year. We go on NCL cruises and they have 3-5 slides on their newer ships. I'm the only one in my group who does the slides which require you to climb a few flights of stairs each time: a couple days in and my friends all gained a few pounds while I've actually lost some. :lol:

True.. But also.. water parks are the best workout I get in all year. We go on NCL cruises and they have 3-5 slides on their newer ships. I'm the only one in my group who does the slides which require you to climb a few flights of stairs each time: a couple days in and my friends all gained a few pounds while I've actually lost some. :lol:

It actually annoyed me last year visiting the water parks that I couldn't use my fitbit, I'd love to see how many floors were climbed and steps taking throughout the day.