Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The WWE Thread

Loved everything about that ending. The pacing of the match was weird because Roman was clearly working as a heel and Seth was the face. Which is the way it should be. Roman can be a great heel. Otherwise it was a good match I thought. That spear into Pedigree counter was awesome.

So now this triple threat is happening, and is clearly a worthy Summerslam main event. But after tonight, how do they not have it at Battleground? I would hope they figure out a way to hold off until Summerslam, because these 3 deserve a big stage like that. Maybe Battleground is Ambrose defending against Reigns, and Rollins runs out causing a DQ finish. Or the other way around. That's really the only scenario I can come up with.

Welp.....triple threat set for Battleground :shrug:
I'm gonna hold out hope for a rematch at Summerslam, but there's too many factors that make it unlikely. The draft will probably split them all up. Also, Brock will probably face the winner, if he survives the UFC fight. Shame, I really wanted to see that match in person, and the match deserves a big stage.

Maybe kissing that triple threat goodbye for now...

Roman reigns was suspended for 30 days following his first violation of the wellness policy, according to cageside seats.
Kinda sucks to hear because it was apparent that he was working hard.

Anybody watch CM Punk's UFC debut? Pretty much went down the way I thought it would, I give him credit though for trying and for being gracious.

Yup saw it, surprised it lasted as long as it did. For all the training he has done he did not look ready to be in the ring.
Seemed like he immediately wanted to make an impact, rush in and get a good first punch in, it cost him dearly. I admire how he tried to remain in the bout, but I agree, he did not look ready at all.

Yea I mean how long has he been training for now ? As soon as he moved in I thought this wont end well
I think they said two years, though he had issues with a herniated disc as well, so that might have hindered his training. In any case, the way he moved in, it is almost like he forgot everything.

AJ Styles is WWE champion. Never thought that would be something I'd say. I was at Summerslam and it made me realize what a long way he's come. I went to see TNA Impact twice when they would film regularly at Universal. From wrestling in small soundstages to wrestling in sell out arenas like AT&T Stadium and the Barclays Center.

I think they had to change Wyatt's match with Randy at the last minute as Randy has another injury.
From what I heard, it is actually that he suffered a concussion at Summerslam and he still was not cleared to wrestle. The ending does make sense to continue the feud with Orton, I just wish they would finally have Wyatt go on a winning streak again. I find it frustrating really, how they have such an original character as Wyatt and are so bad at providing for him. Then, he did show strong in the match, and who knows, maybe he will eventually come out on top of Orton.

Any thoughts on Goldberg coming back for a match with Lesnar? I loved Goldberg as a kid so it was awesome to see him come out and do the entrance. I gotta wonder how much WWE is paying him to lose to Lesnar though. Goldbergs got a huge ego and there's just no way for Lesnar to not go over. Must have been interesting negotiations.

On a side note, Raw has just been a total bore since the draft. I don't know why. They have the talent. Rollins, Owens, even Jericho is doing his best work in years. Somethings not clicking. Even the cruiserweight division has fallen flat. It was so tedious waiting for the Goldberg segment.

Snackdown however has been great. Styles is probably the best in the world right now and Ambrose has been on fire again since the feud with AJ started. My only gripe is with the Orton/Wyatt feud and how Kane has randomly been inserted into it.

I can't see Goldberg coming back to lose to Lesnar, it's not like Brock is the new up and coming person in WWE and they need Goldberg to put him over, Undertaker already did that (really can't believe they convinced him to do that)

I can't see Goldberg coming back to lose to Lesnar, it's not like Brock is the new up and coming person in WWE and they need Goldberg to put him over, Undertaker already did that (really can't believe they convinced him to do that)

With the way Brock has been built up since breaking the streak, no way 49 year old Goldberg who hasn't wrestled in 12 years will be the one to defeat him. I said the same thing to myself but it just doesn't make sense. And I love Goldberg.

Whoever beats Lesnar will not be a part timer. I'd wager that WWE still wants it to be Roman Reigns. Seth Rollins is a potential wildcard but they are not souring on Reigns like reports suggested after the suspension. They stil want him as the top babyface

So WrestleMania season has been rough.... Seems like we may be headed down a path where fans have had enough and ratings get lowe; especially if WM plays out a certain way.

So WrestleMania season has been rough.... Seems like we may be headed down a path where fans have had enough and ratings get low; especially if WM plays out a certain way.
I only watch Smackdown these days, don't think I have seen a single RAW since the brand split. Part of it is that Wyatt is on Smackdown and he is my absolute favorite, but to me it seems like RAW has little going for it; whereas Smackdown is more focused on wrestling, RAW is just too determined to keep on playing the same old angles. Only thing of RAW brand I have seen in on the PPVs, the RAW ones never seemed as good, too scripted. Wrestlemania last year was a train wreck were all the matches seemed so rehearsed they appeared lifeless, I am afraid it might be like this again this year, though I hope that at least the Smackdown parts will be more organic in appearance. Goldberg's return has been nothing much, and I heard that the match between he and Lesnar won't be that long again, though who knows, maybe at least there will be an actual match. Undertaker no longer has it either, after that big pre-SS speech where he said WM would no longer be what defines him, well outside of the RR he has done little except those two small RAW appearances. I love the presence of the Undertaker, but he just does not have it anymore. HHH vs Rollins (if it happens) I look forward to, as I have always loved HHH. Orton vs Wyatt, I think, will be phenomenal, as should be Ambrose vs Corbin.

I've equally enjoyed Smackdown far more than RAW. Devotion to storyline's and their payoffs. RAW builds a storyline and if you blink, it could disappear with no mention. It's a frustrating product. Why Goldberg has the belt, beyond merch and tickets, is beyond me. Meekmahan's never ending attempt to shoot Roman Reigns to moon is pissing me off. I like Reigns, he has talent, but they sacrifice common story-telling so we can have SUPER ROMAN.

I'm looking forward to Wrestlemania only for the Owens/Jericho match, HHH/Rollins segment and the smackdown matches. The SD matches don't scream big money match to me, but the payoff's to their stories should be satisfying. We will see.