Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 339 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that at first but I don't think so, I think it may be another entrance.
As the quote below suggests, I assume an entrance to an attraction, probably the 2 of the drop slides as we are now seeing a second stair way on the outside of the volcano on the opposite side which to me suggests that the entrance for the 2 drop slides that twist will be larger for more volume and the stairs are larger where as the stairs on the other side that are now progressing are narrower suggesting less foot traffic, ie the one drop slide that is the plummet. Also the stairs lead down to approximately the centre where that bridge enters under the waterfall onto that side of the rapids river. The stairs on the other side that start externally up the side of the volcano enter much higher which shows on the internal shots of the volcano and does not lead further down so two separate queuing systems to the top of the drop slide platforms. This is all my guess work form observation so if any on has any other ideas feel free to share!

I'm basing my thought that its a staff path as there is no where in that area for lifeguards to stand. Also, the access to that bridge is tight between the pool for two of the volcano slides and the wave pool. Just seems like it would be a bottleneck there.

That being said, the hut at the end of the bridge does seem like something guests would have access to, so I'm not 100% confident that its for staff use.

Go back a couple weeks and look at some aerials and the lazy river has been lined (white) not sure with what material or if its paint but it has have been finished recently.

As far as I can tell the only white coating has been in the other(action) river, not this one.

ky062910l.jpg
As far as I can tell the only white coating has been in the other(action) river, not this one.
I believe Typhoon Lagoons lazy river is either white or tan color. The treated water is what gives it a blue color.

Reactions: P@n!K_Sw1tC#
Looks like at least one themed raft has made its way to the site!

Untitled.png

I am curious why so many different raft types are on site. Do they run the 'plain' yellow rafts first to make sure they don't get damaged before sending the themed ones through?

Reactions: rcoasterdude
Looks like at least one themed raft has made its way to the site!

Untitled.png

I am curious why so many different raft types are on site. Do they run the 'plain' yellow rafts first to make sure they don't get damaged before sending the themed ones through?
The yellow ones may allow for weight to be changed on the fly, like by adding water/sand into the base, to test different distributions before they mass produce the final boat. Maybe?

I Assume it has been removed for testing, the missing area that we have all discussed recently still has cranes etc in the way so won't be going up yet, it will all be the last things to be installed once access to the upper stairs etc that are currently being worked on don't need crane support. I can imagine it will all get wrapped back up again once they start installing more steel.

As the quote below suggests, I assume an entrance to an attraction, probably the 2 of the drop slides as we are now seeing a second stair way on the outside of the volcano on the opposite side which to me suggests that the entrance for the 2 drop slides that twist will be larger for more volume and the stairs are larger where as the stairs on the other side that are now progressing are narrower suggesting less foot traffic, ie the one drop slide that is the plummet. Also the stairs lead down to approximately the centre where that bridge enters under the waterfall onto that side of the rapids river. The stairs on the other side that start externally up the side of the volcano enter much higher which shows on the internal shots of the volcano and does not lead further down so two separate queuing systems to the top of the drop slide platforms. This is all my guess work form observation so if any on has any other ideas feel free to share!

All of the landing pools for the slides have also looked this colour before they have been 'turned on and filtered'. I don't know the tech behind it but that's from observation of all aerials over the last year of construction!

Go back a couple weeks and look at some aerials and the lazy river has been lined (white) not sure with what material or if its paint but it has have been finished recently.

Very good point! maybe you are onto something!

OK so I know there are still plenty of sceptics out there and worriers thinking the volcano wont have its missing rock work installed so the recent aerial footage hopefully gives us some more clues to evidence of why I'm still sure it will be installed and why it will be the final pieces. See quote below for reference to my previous post and opinions to why I think it will all be fine by opening date.

Recent observation shows better footage of the aerials. The below screen grab shows there are numerous concrete footings still unused circled in the centre. They are not for another slide obviously and if you draw a line from the circled footings on the left in the same direction the missing rock work structure shows in promo videos they lead and line up from other angles to those centre footings which makes sense because for the structure to project into the air at that angle some support would be required centrally as I doubt the structure would holds itself at that angle from the left hand connections alone. Also bottom right I have circled where some more angled supports are that still require use, these too point and line up towards the central supports but we have no evidence from promo videos that rock work should be in this area but its the only logical use for them at this stage so I connected them in the image but not so confident they will connect.

Untitled3.png

The rectangle highlighted in the above and below image shows the area that last week looked complete leading some to believe they wont add rock work, a week later they have added all of that new rock work too it, this still leads me to believe they will follow through on the concept art and bridge over the coaster with the remaining missing rock work, why would they leave out such a large noticeable part of the volcano from this side! Don't say money or time because all of the steel will be pre-fabricated so more than likely sitting about waiting to be installed, we have seen how quick the steel and rock work is completed from start to finish and when this area becomes the main focus it could be completed in no time. Just look how fast the cave entrance was done in about a week! we still have over a month until opening!

Untitled4.png

As for timing the cranes are still working in this area and recent videos show they are still needing to get materials to the top and workers via crane until the stairs are completed and in working order, all of the remaining steel and rock work would be directly in the way for this so I assume it will all be installed at the very last minute when no crane is required further access deeper into the volcano. Again I could be wrong on all of this and if I am, so what, it won't kill me but I am just trying to look at the logical evidence to what we can see and assume.

Also I love how they have themed the supports for the water coaster!!!

Untitled.png

I completely agree with you about the back of the volcano. I think once the stairs are completed, it will shoot up pretty quickly. I also think that that the ground is too smooth to just be left plain. It feels completely different to the rest of the park.

Edit: Just to clarify, I don't think that they're going to fill the complete side but maybe about 50ft up to seal the ground. I fully expect the top 3/4 to be open.

Last edited:
Theming is really starting to take shape now. Hence the "wait and see before critiquing" concept that some can't seem to grasp.

The themed supports are cool and more impressive- this might be the most elaborate kids area I've ever seen. Certainly in Orlando, where TL/BBs little kiddo sections are pretty basic. This look ridiculous.

This is a screen grab from a week ago, all lined white in the lazy river. You won't tell from recent photos and video because the water is still so dirty.

Untitled.png

I'm basing my thought that its a staff path as there is no where in that area for lifeguards to stand. Also, the access to that bridge is tight between the pool for two of the volcano slides and the wave pool. Just seems like it would be a bottleneck there.

That being said, the hut at the end of the bridge does seem like something guests would have access to, so I'm not 100% confident that its for staff use.

As I mentioned take a look at the promo image below, it shows guests on the bridge, also recent construction close ups show that there appears to be queuing rails on the bridge.

waves.jpg

Also screen grab from the promo video below showing more guests on the bridge, this shows the double row with the barrier down the centre for what I assume is two queues for the twisty drop slides.

Untitled.png

Last edited:
This is a screen grab from a week ago, all lined white in the lazy river. You won't tell from recent photos and video because the water is still so dirty.

Untitled.png

As I mentioned take a look at the promo image below, it shows guests on the bridge, also recent construction close ups show that there appears to be queuing rails on the bridge.

waves.jpg

Also screen grab from the promo video below showing more guests on the bridge, this shows the double row with the barrier down the centre for what I assume is two queues for the twisty drop slides.

Untitled.png

Good eye. I wonder if they will let people in there just to look at the wave pool; it's a cool look out spot. Although, that may be past the virtual queuing entry, time will tell.

Also, I wonder why they covered up the kids play area with plastic sheeting - they did that for the slides in the volcano because of the rock work.. are we to be expecting anything else in this area @Teebin ? (compare to the Drone Fanatic screenshot @Dan B posted above from one week ago)

C8midK5XcAMpN8P.jpg-large.jpeg

Good eye. I wonder if they will let people in there just to look at the wave pool; it's a cool look out spot. Although, that may be past the virtual queuing entry, time will tell.

Also, I wonder why they covered up the kids play area with plastic sheeting - they did that for the slides in the volcano because of the rock work.. are we to be expecting anything else in this area @Teebin ? (compare to the Drone Fanatic screenshot @Dan B posted above from one week ago)

View attachment 4000

and after posting that image, I zoomed in on the bottom left and yes, you can see more rock work going in.

Reactions: Mad Dog
they did that for the slides in the volcano because of the rock work.. are we to be expecting anything else in this area @Teebin ?

They are either shooting concrete or spray painting something. Two years ago, the children's area seemed an after thought with only little hints that it would exist. Too, I believe it was moved from west to southeast of the cano.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.