Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 222 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
...Remember that there's TWO queueless systems in place: paper ticket to get in building and...

Also alternative of queueless electronic ticket via UO app, rather than going to VP machine. You have to be inside USF (don't know if IoA counts). Image below.

FYI no Standby on opening day (for example) instead 'only' Virtual and Express, so once VP ran out by ~midday, Standbys were preventing from riding for rest of day.

re 'OLSinFLO' comment - agree - peacock 'downstairs' showed color to actually go into upstairs ride, rather than a colour to just go upstairs. Therefore staff at bottom of stairs had to instead call out different color to go upstairs vs the peacock actually glowing next to them!! ... Expected peacock downstairs to only show (relevant) colour to go upstairs.

Attachments

• IMG_8148.PNG
    IMG_8148.PNG
    482.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog
Friends are at USF today and say the RTNY queue situation is "chaos." Apparently they're behind 2 colors? And the videos she's sending me is just masses waiting in front of the stairs. And the crowd in front of Ragtime Gals is about 10-12 people deep.

Friends are at USF today and say the RTNY queue situation is "chaos." Apparently they're behind 2 colors? And the videos she's sending me is just masses waiting in front of the stairs. And the crowd in front of Ragtime Gals is about 10-12 people deep.
Sounds like it (Virtual Queue) may not be ready to handle the level 10 crowds that descended on Universal the last couple of days.

Went last Saturday night and can confirm the 2nd level is a nightmare in terms of overcrowding. Our group was stopped on the staircase as there was nowhere to move until the next group color was called in. Even with that group going in it was impossible to walk around and we were shoulder to shoulder on the second level.

On a related note this system has the same problem that plagues any 'buzzer return' type system with people just standing in front of the studio entrance like zombies waiting for their color to be called. Best example I can give is at Earl of Sandwich where they give you a buzzer to go wait at your table until it's ready but people insist on blocking the walkway waiting directly in front of where the food comes out. The same thing is happening at the studio entrance and I'm not entirely sure how you solve this from an Ops perspective. I guess the staff could be more persistent in telling guests to move away from the entrance and not to block walkways until their color is called.

Its been a mess. Last weekend all times were gone by noon (meaning it was a virtue 9 hour queue). People coming in to the park were not happy to be told come back at 9 when they'd open the standby. Then there was the mess with colors not matching what was being admitted. And then on top of that, as the evening wore on, the number of no shows increased dramatically (probably because people either forgot or left before their time was up). System needs major reworking.

It's all good news that many want to see the new attraction. Universal Ops will make it work in good time... I hope! :saywhat:
Well, it's one of the first rides people will stumble upon too and people love riding anything "new".

As for the queue, due to the high volume of crowds this time of year, the only way I see fixing the mosh pit-type crowds is using the switchbacks more effectively during the insanely crowded weeks of the year (Easter week and Christmas/NYE).

Well, it's one of the first rides people will stumble upon too and people love riding anything "new".

Yeah. Brand new ride opened just before peak of spring break, bragged about for an entire week on The Tonight Show a week ago, on the front of the two park guide map and multi million dollar advertising campagin pushing it without the greatest of capacity.

Give it time to balance out

But being it's a virtual queue, don't they get t0 limit the amount of people in the building at a given time? The way it seems this was built is not meant to be enjoyed en masse or shoulder-to-shoulder as described above.

Just came from a little reunion with two of my family members visiting from Florida. They live in Sarasota. They haven't been to Universal since 1999, but all they talked about was the new Jimmy Fallon attraction. They said they're making a special trip to Universal next month. Just one anecdotal evidence example, but it was telling.

But being it's a virtual queue, don't they get t0 limit the amount of people in the building at a given time? The way it seems this was built is not meant to be enjoyed en masse or shoulder-to-shoulder as described above.

No, there's two virtual queues: one for getting into the building, one for the ride. The virtual queue to get in the building can be booked hours and hours before you ride, so if there's an issue they can't just deny your entry.

No, there's two virtual queues: one for getting into the building, one for the ride. The virtual queue to get in the building can be booked hours and hours before you ride, so if there's an issue they can't just deny your entry.
Also the people that just sit down and watch entertainment/charge their phones upstairs and skip their colors leaves more people in the building than necessary.

Reactions: maroonmol and Joel
Also the people that just sit down and watch entertainment/charge their phones upstairs and skip their colors leaves more people in the building than necessary.
I did this last time, skipped my color four times. I have noticed though that most people don't do this though, it seems like an insignificant number.
I commented on this a couple weeks ago, but NOBODY stays downstairs. Universal needs to start having TMs block the staircase until it's time for a color to go up.
I've always assumed this is how it's supposed to work but every time I've been I've specifically asked and they just say go up whenever you're ready.

Reactions: Coasted
So rode Fallon having been spoiler free.

Enjoyed the ride but no surprises, it's petty much as we all expected.

The virtual line was cool and worked well, rag time gals were fun and the area felt really well planned.

Hopefully now they will get rid of shrek

Last edited:
So rode Fallon having been spoiler free.

Enjoyed the ride but no surprises, it's petty much as we all expected.

The virtual line was cool and worked well, rag time gals were fun and the area felt really well planned.

Hopefully now they will get rid of shrek

I think removing Shrek will fix a lot of things. Plenty of people hate it, it makes Fallon and DM feel a little bit more unique with something so similar so close by plus it frees up the IP for the 4th park.

Reactions: Coasted and JPRA513
I did this last time, skipped my color four times. I have noticed though that most people don't do this though, it seems like an insignificant number.
I've always assumed this is how it's supposed to work but every time I've been I've specifically asked and they just say go up whenever you're ready.
I wish they had more couches downstairs....They were all taken upstairs when I went

Its been a mess. Last weekend all times were gone by noon (meaning it was a virtue 9 hour queue). People coming in to the park were not happy to be told come back at 9 when they'd open the standby. Then there was the mess with colors not matching what was being admitted. And then on top of that, as the evening wore on, the number of no shows increased dramatically (probably because people either forgot or left before their time was up). System needs major reworking.

Yikes. What a cluster F. I could have told them from the get go that allowing it to queue all the way throughout the day is beyond dumb. It should be hour blocks. If a theater went down from noon-3, it screws up your entire queue if you have reservations until 9pm.

I'd hate to be in Uni ops for this ride. Glad I'm going in September so all the kinks will be worked out by then (hopefully- same with VB)

Reactions: Mad Dog