2017 Holidays at Universal - New Wizarding World Holidays | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

2017 Holidays at Universal - New Wizarding World Holidays

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Finally! I thought Universal was incredibly weak at Christmas last year. This is a big improvement. I still think Sea World will do a better Christmas event though unless they make cuts.

This sounds awesome! It'll be interesting to see how this scales. You certainly can't fit the majority of a park inside of Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley. Potentially going to be a lot of people that can't see the show or decorations

I agree that this is a bigger deal than the raft ride, but how many people are going to be going on that raft ride during the Christmas season anyway? Given that this is a holiday thing at a time of year when the water rides see minimal ridership, I cannot see this as a shot at Seaworld.

Your friends who were not going to go to Seaworld even during the summer for the raft ride are also not going to get to see the Christmas show during the summer either, so there is little crossover in the population.

If you consider folks that may only go to Orlando once (or one visit in any given year). I could see someone deciding they would plan their Orlando trip for Winter to see HP in a Christmastime setting as opposed to visiting in the summer for a new water ride.

But I think the original comments were meant more of getting the press attention with the announcement.

Now we know what Mike A has been hinting at with his twitter feed the last few weeks. London and LA, gee, I wonder who he was talking/presenting to there?

It should be a huge addition to the holiday offerings, hope they can expand on it now that the ban is broken (Halloween anyone?)

Reactions: Mad Dog
I love the idea of experiencing Harry Potter Christmas.

Just not ready to think of Christmas. :lol:

With some time to digest it,

I am extremely happy to see this finally move foward, in the renovations of the holiday activites and things to do, as there are many things that I am interested. I am wondering, as it was said that there would be a great hall feast; and I am wondering if they are going to announce that later in the year. Either way, the "There is more to come" has me thinking that we aren't done with the holiday announcements for Potter.

As for the Nighttime show; I am glad to see that Universal Orlando is having it, and that's not taking into the account that IU is still hearing of a show for our coast at Hollywood this summer, so I have to think we are going to see a revamp of the holiday branding throughout the company itself, with USJ now fully owned by Comcast; it could allow them to more streamline the holiday offerings for each coast in particular.

As for the Parade, I am interested to see that they are expanding the presence of the Minions a bit, and that Madagascar and Shrek being the first DWA IP's to be fully used in the parks in a way, makes me wonder in a sense.

Either way, I am happy to see much more, as I think we are just getting started in the holiday event for future announcements to come.

Reactions: Joel
For anyone still wondering about Grinchmas and Mannheim Steamroller returning, they are listed on the newly updated holidays page on the UO website: Universal Orlando

This year Universal Orlando Resort takes the Christmas season to new heights with an all-new lineup of festivities. Experience Christmas in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ as Hogsmeade™ and Diagon Alley™ are transformed with wondrous spirit. Watch the live retelling of Dr. Seuss’s classic holiday tale starring The Grinch™ as the Grinchmas Who-liday Spectacular returns. And treat yourself to Universal’s Holiday Parade featuring Macy’s. It’s not only merry this year, but mischievous, as the Minions and other characters join in the fun. Make it a Christmas to remember at Universal Orlando Resort.
holidays-screenshot.jpg

Now we know what Mike A has been hinting at with his twitter feed the last few weeks. London and LA, gee, I wonder who he was talking/presenting to there?

It should be a huge addition to the holiday offerings, hope they can expand on it now that the ban is broken (Halloween anyone?)
There was christmas decoration before at Potter but it was more understated. I don't believe there is a "ban" on anything, there is control from Warner and JK and if its not fitting it won't happen'or they try it out in Japan. There is a roadmap that forces Universel to add bits to keep it fresh. I'm astound Universal is doing all of this when you see how popular the Wizarding World still is.

Reactions: Andysol
I'm delighted Universal is going for christmas. They own Halloween and they builded up Mardi Gras to another huge event (I was there when there where 5 floats and BB King on the small stage opposite Mell's Diner and only 200 guests having the time of their life wondering why people are stupid to miss this free event).

Universal builds up these annual events but also changes them yearly unlike the rodent down the road. Now it's clearly time to go for the holidays, keeping fan favorites like Manheim and Grinch but rebuild Macy's and add multiple christmas fun to Potter. Give it a few more years and they own the holidays too.