Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Japan General Discussion

Yukendoit is really cool. Good time to upgrade that camera for stuff like the night time shows when you got dat press pass.

C93bMLCUMAAvuMo.jpg

this will be incredible

Question on the Minion additions for anyone who would know... did they retrofit the ride film for the dome IMAX screen, or did they tear out the old Back to the Future ride system for the more traditional "moving theater" used in Hollywood/Orlando? The ads make it look like it uses the same legacy BTTF/Simpsons ride system with the film modified to the larger screen...

Question on the Minion additions for anyone who would know... did they retrofit the ride film for the dome IMAX screen, or did they tear out the old Back to the Future ride system for the more traditional "moving theater" used in Hollywood/Orlando? The ads make it look like it uses the same legacy BTTF/Simpsons ride system with the film modified to the larger screen...

They kept BTTF ride vehicle, I think they changed the screen but I don't know yet.

More Jump Summer details. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is getting a 4d ride while a brand new potentially original 4D film involving the World Martial Arts Championship for Dragon Ball. One Piece Spectacular will remain the same as it has super super next level near perfect guest satisfaction surveys. Gintama will also get some live show it seems if I'm translating right.

They also had Minions take over Universal Port Hotel.
Mroom2_01_01-620x383.jpg

This is the sequel to their first series last year. Only link I can find is in japanese but here is a source document.
【USJ】ホテルに戻ってもミニオン尽くし!劇中の子ども部屋を再現「Minions Room2」 | cinemacafe.net

Last edited:
Yukendoit is really cool. Good time to upgrade that camera for stuff like the night time shows when you got dat press pass.
Oh hey!
I knew about 24 hours before I set to go that I was on the list.
I shoot on an iphone 6.
I don't have the budget to upgrade right now, but since I should Yukendoit is creating Adventure videos in Japan! | Patreon <- here is my patreon if you want to see better quality videos I'd be happy to add to that!

By the way guys,

At 7:14 here you guys can see that dementor show from multiple angles and better shots of the dementor drones that they have.

Oh hey!
I knew about 24 hours before I set to go that I was on the list.
I shoot on an iphone 6.
I don't have the budget to upgrade right now, but since I should Yukendoit is creating Adventure videos in Japan! | Patreon <- here is my patreon if you want to see better quality videos I'd be happy to add to that!

By the way guys,

At 7:14 here you guys can see that dementor show from multiple angles and better shots of the dementor drones that they have.

Professor Flux is a character from the series :/

img_map.jpg

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure in 4D will be around 20 minutes long. As will Dragon Ball Z original film. Gintama attraction will be a new show never seen at Universal Studios Japan with guest participation.

Last Universal Summer Festival is coming back with a lot more minions with the Minions Water Surprise Party which will also involve snow. Promises to be the largest and wettest event at Universal with the new hot items being:

img_market02.jpg

This year they are expanding to open more refill locations to fill up your water shooters and stay drenched at USJ.

Universal got the ultimate free promotion with a japanese pop group shooting their latest music video at the park with the performers/workers at USJ. For those who the top video isn't availble in their country the bottom link in spoiler is a reuploaded for those who live in the states.

This isn't the first time a big group has done a video at USJ. Back in 2013, one of the biggest if not the biggest and most well known female Korean Girl Group Girls Generation also known as SNSD did a video at USJ.

I do wonder that if Nintendo is successful, will it finally lead to a permanent Shonen Jump area.

It's more of a when, not if in regards to Nintendo. It's as certain of a home run as Potter and Star Wars. Nintendo also spans multiple generations, has beloved characters and is a huge global brand.

They shouldn't be surprised by Nintendo success so I doubt they would decide just bc Nintendo does well to latch on to SJ... especially when they have something similar (not the same) in Pokémon that they could use instead.

Here's a better video showing how they retrofitted the Minions Ride into BttF: (Unfortunately, no ride footage is shown)

Although this version has the advantage of a bigger, more immersive screen as well as doors on the cars to block the edge of the screen, I HATE the preshow format. It's annoying enough to have to endure two preshows, but adding a third one is too much. I wish they found a workaround for that.

Also, the way you enter Gru's living room for the preshows just looks....off. I realize the U.S. versions don't have perfect transitions either but something about it just looks really off.

Here's a better video showing how they retrofitted the Minions Ride into BttF: (Unfortunately, no ride footage is shown)

Although this version has the advantage of a bigger, more immersive screen as well as doors on the cars to block the edge of the screen, I HATE the preshow format. It's annoying enough to have to endure two preshows, but adding a third one is too much. I wish they found a workaround for that.

Also, the way you enter Gru's living room for the preshows just looks....off. I realize the U.S. versions don't have perfect transitions either but something about it just looks really off.

Now that's interesting...Yes, three pre shows seems a bit much. The first seems longer than Orlando. The second was the same as Orlando. The third was just too much pre show....And, I love the pre shows at Orlando D.M. :)...That is a really nice land though. Pretty immersive....So what was that section of the park previously? Was it a New York City street?...I would think the ride is better utilizing the vehicles and the larger more immersive screen. I loved Back to the Future in that theater and Simpson's is pretty decent too...All in all though, this is a really nice land.

Last edited: