SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They changed the name!

But the lift, drop, water effects, and theming have remained the same from what I've seen. Very very cool video. And to think, all of that will be built in a courtyard in front of a largely unpopular quick service restaurant.
What was the other name?

Well I know I am in the minority since every one here is all about rides but all I can say is oh joy another ride. Shows at capacity in the park today and the several times I walked by Mako ( a new coaster during Easter week it had wait times of 15 - 20 mins. Huge success) Much rather see enhanced animal habitats, new animal experiences etc.

^As of late there aren't as many shows as in the past. Even some performances cut back with less show times for each show so of course they will get packed. The rides assist in easing the show capacity on busier days...as this new one definitely will. They have animal experiences tied to this new attraction...as they have all the others in recent history (except Mako which used existing encounters...so count that out). I've been there on a Saturday when Mako had a 90 minute wait. You'll also have to remember that most of the state had it's spring break weeks ago. They should get busier come summer.

Reactions: Alicia
That craft brew bar that they announced in the fall is finally being built. Walls went up yesterday.

This is their fourth project ATM. Lots of work walls around the park.
Man, they're really going to have to rush this bar. I get that it's just a bar, but they'll want it done in like a month to hit the peak summer crowds.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Last Thursday when I was at the park the Sea Fire restaurant had all tables and chairs and condiment bars removed from the lake side of the dining room but the dining area where the stage is remained opened. Is the entire location closed now or is it just the one side of the restaurant by the lake?

Last Thursday when I was at the park the Sea Fire restaurant had all tables and chairs and condiment bars removed from the lake side of the dining room but the dining area where the stage is remained opened. Is the entire location closed now or is it just the one side of the restaurant by the lake?
The side by the lake I believe. The walls go out pretty far towards the water too, so I think it may be mostly an addition and not re-purposing.

Attached are two photos I took last Thursday of the Sea fire restaurant showing what I was mentioning above. As you can see it was all cleared out on the lake side. If no one posts a pictures of the wall I will do that tomorrow if anyone is interested in seeing it

Attachments

• Pic1.jpg
    Pic1.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Pic2.jpg
    Pic2.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: JoeCamel
Attached are two photos I took last Thursday of the Sea fire restaurant showing what I was mentioning above. As you can see it was all cleared out on the lake side. If no one posts a pictures of the wall I will do that tomorrow if anyone is interested in seeing it
Love me sum wall pics...

Looks like Midway Mayhem just posted a vid. They are a bit into the video, but he covers it well.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Three pictures I took yesterday of the walls. The walls inside the restaurant and then the ones just outside the restaurant and then an overall view of the walls from across the lake.

Attachments

• SeaFire1.jpg
    SeaFire1.jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 11
  • SeaFire2.jpg
    SeaFire2.jpg
    459.1 KB · Views: 10
  • SeaFire3.jpg
    SeaFire3.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 10
So going back to the 5 year plan, here's what I think may realistically happen mixed in with what I want.

2018: Infinity Falls & surrounding animal habitats

2019: Orca Encounter and refresh of Orca Underwater Viewing area

2020: New Mack Rides multi launch coaster with the entrance near to the park entrance and extending above the educational complex & parking toll booths as was originally intended with Mako.

2021: Improvements to Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin. Perhaps adding 3D glasses or something.

2022: New dark ride & animal habitats to replace Wild Arctic.

So the new craft beer bar is going into Sea Fire? Would be great if they brought back live entertainment of some sort in the refurb.

Unrelated, word is new orca show will basically be a pilot whale show with orca cameos. Why? So trainers can get back in the water.

Reactions: WAJAS
So the new craft beer bar is going into Sea Fire? Would be great if they brought back live entertainment of some sort in the refurb.

Unrelated, word is new orca show will basically be a pilot whale show with orca cameos. Why? So trainers can get back in the water.
I can't tell if that's really smart or really stupid...

I'm conflicted with so many emotions right now..

Reactions: WAJAS
So going back to the 5 year plan, here's what I think may realistically happen mixed in with what I want.

2018: Infinity Falls & surrounding animal habitats

2019: Orca Encounter and refresh of Orca Underwater Viewing area

2020: New Mack Rides multi launch coaster with the entrance near to the park entrance and extending above the educational complex & parking toll booths as was originally intended with Mako.

2021: Improvements to Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin. Perhaps adding 3D glasses or something.

2022: New dark ride & animal habitats to replace Wild Arctic.
Not sure if Wild Arctic can hold out that long, as I once heard it is doing rather bad (maintenance wise).
I hope they will put in a flat ride or two as well. Also, not sure what the status is of the skytower, seems it is closed more often than it is open, would be nice if they could replay it with a droptower, maybe something like BGTs Falcon's Fury.