SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What was the name before?
Not sure I can say... but it was similar to the one in San Antonio, probably to create synergy, or was just a lazy temporary working title they gave it in the design phase. The name Infinity Falls really helps sell the tallest drop concept, so I love the name.

So they're really not tearing down the restaurant, too? That just doesn't seem like the best use of the space. I hope they at least overhaul the restaurant to integrate with the new attraction theme and implement a whole new menu.
As far as I know the buildings stay, the flamingos stay, the parrots clearly are staying, since they're in the video... The building front will be refreshed, I do not know if it will be changed.

I think, and I could be wrong, but I think the theming will be a mix of a crumbling ancient civilization in ruins, with a temporary base camp for explorers built on top. That way they can incorporate new and old style theming and it'll still make sense. (Yes, sort of like Kong at IOA.)

The description on the video says the ride will end at Harmony Village, where you can learn more about conservation. I wonder if that will be the front courtyard for the restaurant area, so having a modern looking building after the jungle ride makes more sense. Not sure about that though.

Rush the rapids on SeaWorld’s all-new river ride Infinity Falls coming Summer 2018.

Climb aboard your raft for a journey of discovery down this lost jungle river. Wind your way around soaking fountains and waterfalls as you pass the remains of an ancient civilization. Hang on as the roaring world class rapids send you flying through chutes before you plunge down the tallest drop of its kind into churning whitewater. Your adventure ends at Harmony Village with a greater connection to the world’s rivers, inspired to spread the message of conservation.

Reactions: Mr. EPCOT
DO tell lol:sneak:
I have been, lol. See my last few posts.

Here's some of what we'll see in the Harmony Village, which from what I can tell will be located in front of the main entrance to Hospitality house after crossing the bridge from main path... and maybe some more out in the main path.

Right around here:
P1090774.jpg

And out here on the path, (but behind where I was standing to take this picture, on the other side of the walkway)
P1090780.jpg

As ironic as it may be, I would guess the water in front of the restaurant will actually be filled in with earth, (and then a path for the rapids carved out and filled with water.) Once filled in, there might be more room for these interactive kiosks in front of the restaurant.

I have been, lol. See my last few posts.

Here's some of what we'll see in the Harmony Village, which from what I can tell will be located in front of the main entrance to Hospitality house after crossing the bridge from main path... and maybe some more out in the main path.

Right around here:
P1090774.jpg

And out here on the path, (but behind where I was standing to take this picture, on the other side of the walkway)
P1090780.jpg

As ironic as it may be, I would guess the water in front of the restaurant will actually be filled in with earth, (and then a path for the rapids carved out and filled with water.) Once filled in, there might be more room for these interactive kiosks in front of the restaurant.

I didnt update the thread before I posted sorry.

And the theme is/seems Amazonian, just as I hoped for. My only concern is that with the little space, perhaps the ride might be too short, unless they have an ingenious way of working around the buildings. For instance, I imagine they can use the whole area in front and go underneath the bridge?

And the theme is/seems Amazonian, just as I hoped for. My only concern is that with the little space, perhaps the ride might be too short, unless they have an ingenious way of working around the buildings. For instance, I imagine they can use the whole area in front and go underneath the bridge?
It will probably be kind of short, but there will be at least one time where it will pass over itself, as seen in the concept art.

With all the turns and moves they'll cram into this ride, it may be half as long in distance as something like Kali River Rapids, but feel 4 times as long since there's going to be so much more going on.

Reactions: anihilnation
Reactions: anihilnation
It will probably be kind of short, but there will be at least one time where it will pass over itself, as seen in the concept art.

With all the turns and moves they'll cram into this ride, it may be half as long in distance as something like Kali River Rapids, but feel 4 times as long since there's going to be so much more going on.
Plus, with that vertical lift and drop, it has an intensity most rides of this type don't have.

Kali River Rapids is mega short, I hope this is something more on the scale of length and immersion as Grizzly River Run.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
This is something long overdue for the park, although I always hoped they'd integrate their Rapids with their sea lion attraction. Looks good - just hoping for something lengthy and filled with tropical plants. SeaWorld really needs a home run after their last family addition completely bombed.

I know there's a family coaster in the works with a drop track - I'm assuming that's whats coming after this is opened.

Kali River Rapids is mega short, I hope this is something more on the scale of length and immersion as Grizzly River Run.

My problem with KRR is not that it's short (it admittedly is), but that it is incredibly dull. Apart from the drop and the pay for play water cannons, there is very little in the way of interesting water features. I have been on plenty of raft rides that, trackwise, are half the length of KRR and they have had so much going on that they FEEL longer. If Seaworld can pull this trick off, I think they have a hit on their hands.

Given the alleged intensity of the drop, I am curious as to the height restriction on this one as I think that will be a major factor in how it is received.

My problem with KRR is not that it's short (it admittedly is), but that it is incredibly dull. Apart from the drop and the pay for play water cannons, there is very little in the way of interesting water features. I have been on plenty of raft rides that, trackwise, are half the length of KRR and they have had so much going on that they FEEL longer. If Seaworld can pull this trick off, I think they have a hit on their hands.

Given the alleged intensity of the drop, I am curious as to the height restriction on this one as I think that will be a major factor in how it is received.
I love Animal Kingdom but that ride was so lackluster I actually do not remember anything about it and I'm pretty good with that since I love theme parks

I love Animal Kingdom but that ride was so lackluster I actually do not remember anything about it and I'm pretty good with that since I love theme parks
The problem with KRR is it's essentially just a loop. It takes up a lot of space, but is void of any interesting moves. The only thing to remember is the deforestation scene with the fake smell of burning trees and sound of buzzsaws... that you just float slowly by. Compare that to Popeye's, which takes up less land, but has lots of show scenes, animatronics, fun splashes, dozens of turns and moves and iconic moments that leave a lasting impression.