Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

How much does it really cost to spend a day in Universal Studios?

May 15, 2017
Hello everyone,

New member here.
I'm considering to take my wife to L.A. as a birthday gift, specially to Universal Studios since she's a big fan of The Walking Dead, it's been almost 20 years since the last time I went there and I was 8 years old back then so at that age I didn't realize how much things cost, also, things are way more expensive nowadays.

So, straight to the point, I would like to know from someone who has gone recently: in average, how much does it cost to spend a day in Universal Studios Hollywood?

Don't hesitate in going into detail, I mean: What did you do? Besides the entry ticket, did you spend money in other kind of things? Are you allowed to enjoy the whole park with the entry ticket?

Anything you can tell me so I can get an idea of how much money it is needed.

Thank you in advance =)

No attractions in the park are extra. Obviously you need to bring money for food, drinks, souvenirs ect.. It's not SUPER expensive but it's not cheap by any means. I don't know the exact numbers, but if you are spending an entire day there (eating 3 meals), it could be quite hefty. I would recommend going to get breakfast somewhere else in the morning and eat there. Not counting CityWalk, you could possibly spend $75-ish dollars in the park. This is what I spent when I went to USH with 2 friends after a few years of not going. We also ate at CityWalk, however, so maybe it could be cheaper.

2 of us - We spent $32 for breakfast at 3 Broomsticks, $36 for lunch at Gru's, $80 for dinner (with drinks) at Bubba Gumps on CityWalk. Another $20 on snacks (Butterbeer!) and $20 for Duff beer + tip.

She got a wand for $50, I got a Jaws t-shirt for $22. But no other merch interested us. She wanted ALL the Harry Potter stuff. Could have easily spent $1,000 on Griffindor stuff...

If you want to save money on food, you are allowed to bring in your own snacks, though I'm not sure where they draw the line between a snack and a meal. But I highly recommend trying some of the Three Broomsticks food, if you haven't before.

Holy!!! So it's a fact, every attraction inside has an extra cost besides the entry ticket, am I right?
No. What I mean by "Griffendor stuff" are clothing, wands, robes, mugs, pins and the like emblazoned with the "houses" of Hogwarts. As Ejones said, souvenirs. If you're not a Potter fan you won't understand until you get there and look in the shops. My GF is a fanatic and wants everything.

I apologize for muddying the water - there are no extra costs for attractions. You CAN get away with not spending any money at all other than the entry ticket (and parking). Do not buy any meals, do not buy any snacks or sodas, do not buy souvenirs and you are allowed to enjoy the whole park without spending any more money. Every ride, every attraction, every show - all included.

Holy!!! So it's a fact, every attraction inside has an extra cost besides the entry ticket, am I right?
The only extra cost to experience attractions would be if you wanted to buy a Gate A Pass, which you get you to the front of the lines faster. Completely optional and not needed, I think.

Easily. If you get there early you can experience everything the park has to offer in 6 hours tops
With that being said, I'd recommend doing the Studio Tour twice if you can. It's always subject to change every ride and there's so much you're driving around it's hard to absorb it all in one go.