Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

T-Rex Cafe

I agree. My wife was going to build a dino but then decided against it because it would just collect dust once we got it home. I really wanted to get a coffee mug, but all of them had the cartoon-ish dinos on them. Couldn't they have mugs with scientific sketches of a triceratops? t-rex? stegosaurus? Is that too much to ask?

My brother-in-law did buy one of those rocks you break open in the machine. It's cool to do it...but what do you do with the rock afterwards? :shrug:

What do you do with it afterwards????......Apprently you let it sit on the dinning room table while your wife cleans around it even four months after you've gotten home!!!:mad:

Seriously though, I really enjoyed it when we went. I thought the pricing was fine compared to everywhere else on Disney property. I had one of those cotton-candy martini things and it was excellent! I also had the tomato-basil soup and I enjoyed that too! My only complaint was that I had way too much food! :thumbs:

What do you do with it afterwards????......Apprently you let it sit on the dinning room table while your wife cleans around it even four months after you've gotten home!!!:mad:

Seriously though, I really enjoyed it when we went. I thought the pricing was fine compared to everywhere else on Disney property. I had one of those cotton-candy martini things and it was excellent! I also had the tomato-basil soup and I enjoyed that too! My only complaint was that I had way too much food! :thumbs:

I was eyeing those Cotton Candy-tinis :) Maybe next time. hehe

Our family of four (3 adults and one child) got the flatbread appetizer and nacho appetizer and split them. It was more than enough for all of us to eat and we also got the baby a icee drink in a bone collectible cup. Our total was less than $50.

Hmmmm, I think I might be eating here for my birthday tomorrow. My wife was asking me where I'd like to eat after I get my gift card. I'm still contemplating if I want to eat here or somewhere else but I'm a huge dinosaur fan so I think I don't mind those dinosaurs eating w/ me and being my guest for my birthday, lol.

Hmmmm, I think I might be eating here for my birthday tomorrow. My wife was asking me where I'd like to eat after I get my gift card. I'm still contemplating if I want to eat here or somewhere else but I'm a huge dinosaur fan so I think I don't mind those dinosaurs eating w/ me and being my guest for my birthday, lol.
Gift card as in the Disney Fun Card they give you on your birthday? If so, you aren't able to use the Fun Card at dinning locations.

use for certain purchases including select merchandise, recreation or tour experiences, or for Disney's PhotoPass® on-site services at participating locations at Walt Disney World® Resort

Not sure if this is even what you were talking about, but thought I'd save you the hassle of finding out later if this was in fact the gift card in your post.

Gift card as in the Disney Fun Card they give you on your birthday? If so, you aren't able to use the Fun Card at dinning locations.
Not sure if this is even what you were talking about, but thought I'd save you the hassle of finding out later if this was in fact the gift card in your post.

Oh, Sledge, I know you can't use it for dinning, hehehehe, I think I didn't clarify it by stating that I was going to get my gift card and spend it on WOD then eat an early dinner. Actually, we ended up eating at Kona Cafe for dinner. My wife wanted to try dinner over at Kona. After dinner, we went to DTD and I went on a small shopping spree at WOD, heheheheh.

Awesome. I love Kona. What did y'all get? Their teriyaki steak is the best steak anywhere. Kona is a much better choice than T-Rex Cafe. :lol:

Awesome. I love Kona. What did y'all get? Their teriyaki steak is the best steak anywhere. Kona is a much better choice than T-Rex Cafe. :lol:

Yes, I do agree that Kona Cafe has a better menu than T-Rex Cafe even though I haven't eaten at T-Rex Cafe yet, heheheheh. We had Kona Salad and Sticky Wings. For our entree, my wife had the Slow Roasted Prime Rib and I had the Macadamia Nut and Chive Crusted Mahi Mahi (I like the original recipe way better). And for dessert, we shared the Banana-Chocolate Creme Brulee. Sooooooooo good, lol. I love eating at Kona Cafe. :thumbs: :happy:

I really liked T-Rex. I just went there in May. My family and I tried to get reservations for it last summer, but it wasn't open yet! My dad called and the girl was like, "I've never heard of it." It was SO funny!

Grabbed some pics the other night, figured I'd share with you guys.

IMG_5765.jpg

IMG_5766.jpg

IMG_5767.jpg

IMG_5768.jpg

IMG_5769.jpg

IMG_5770.jpg

IMG_5771.jpg

IMG_5773.jpg

IMG_5774.jpg

IMG_5775.jpg

IMG_5776.jpg

IMG_5777.jpg